Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Personal Freedom beyond Drugs
    #1321208 - 02/20/03 07:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I may be one of the few, but I feel that the government has much larger problems than eliminating the war on drugs. First and foremost is the reliance on public tax dollars. It is neither fair nor reasonable that the United States government decides it is their right to take my tax dollars without my permission. Not only this, but I also pay for medicare( dont use), social sec ( thanks anyway, it wont be there when I can collect and 4% interest sucks ass), and other state taxes. The government need to offer compettive policies that will allow citizens the ability to choose between medical coverage through BCBS or if they want medicare they should pay for it. The government has no right to take my money.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Personal Freedom beyond Drugs [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1321221 - 02/20/03 07:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What pisses me off is I lost something like 30% of my paycheck to SS, and I only made $500 in a year in high school. If we cut federal spending, the war on drugs will die a natural death.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Personal Freedom beyond Drugs [Re: Anonymous]
    #1321643 - 02/20/03 10:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

"What pisses me off is I lost something like 30% of my paycheck to SS, and I only made $500 in a year in high school."

High school kids making $500 a year still have to pay 30%?

I guess that's what happens when you only give tax breaks to the rich.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Personal Freedom beyond Drugs [Re: Phluck]
    #1321745 - 02/20/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That's Social Security, not income tax. Someone making $500.00 a year would get back more on a tax refund than was withheld due to the earned income credit. Social Security is the government 'retirement' program, and it only goes up to somewhere between 15-16% of income, the employer is required to match the employee part of the theft dollar for dollar. By the time Stonedfish or I are ready for Social Security benefits at our retirement ages the system will be bankrupt, this is an actuarial fact and an 800 pound political gorilla that no mainstream politician is willing to address.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

#1322301 - 02/20/03 02:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No, that's what happens when the Democrats get in control.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1322312 - 02/20/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I guess that's what happens when you only give tax breaks to the rich.

It would appear that you are completely ignorant of how the tax system works here.

Do a little research on the "Earned Income Credit" for example.

Here's a hint... the name of the credit is as accurate as the name "Patriot Act".

The vast majority of lower income Americans pay NO federal income tax. The charts and stats have been posted in this forum on several occasions.

And tax breaks should only be given to those who pays taxes. And the more taxes you pay, the larger the breaks should be.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion