Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleToadie
Stranger

Inoculating a casing...
    #1321172 - 02/20/03 06:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is it not possible to simply inoculate the rye grain layer of a casing instead of growing out a bunch of cakes and slicing them up?

I would assume that it would be easier and more efficient, considering your not exposing the casing layer to contamination, plus its microenviroment is already well-established at that point in the rye layer.

Ideas?
I may just be totally wrong here, but it sounds reasonable.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself now, in the past or in the future should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities that violate any local, provincial, and/or federal statutes. All posts created by myself are works of fiction.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Inoculating a casing... [Re: Toadie]
    #1321214 - 02/20/03 07:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like a decent idea to me!

You could just put your "cased" substrate in the PC with layers of aluminum foil over it. Then innoculate thru the foil with your syringe at different places.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1321222 - 02/20/03 07:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You use rye grain in your "casings" ?
:confused: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleToadie
Stranger

Re: Inoculating a casing... [Re: tripndicular]
    #1321245 - 02/20/03 07:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've never even tried to case before, so i don't really know, but you know what i'm talking about. Whatever your substrate is.

If you have a flowhood and a nice PC, i could see this being alot more productive and easier than doing the cake-to-case technique.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself now, in the past or in the future should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities that violate any local, provincial, and/or federal statutes. All posts created by myself are works of fiction.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1321268 - 02/20/03 07:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but maybe with some tweaking, you could use pre sterilized rye grain instead of brf .
fast food of the gods
nice idea  :cool: 

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1321315 - 02/20/03 07:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

People who do bulk teks , inoculate grain , then inoc a bulk substrate ie horse dung etc with the fully colonized grain , when the "bulk" sub is fully colonized a "casing" is applied to induce fruiting and aid in moisture levels at the substrates surface .
Some folks just add a" casing" layer onto crumbled grain that is fully colonized also , eliminates one step , but affects quality of mushies grown IMHO .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: Inoculating a casing... [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1321683 - 02/20/03 10:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No?

Let me expand... and keep in mind this is for people looking to do smaller casings and NOT bulk.

First, you put your substrate into your CLEAR containter (so you can see when it's fully colonized) at whatever thickness you wish.  Then put a layer of vermiculite on top as a contamination barrier.  Cover with foil and PC.  After it cools you innoculate at multiple spots (more the better) and cover with another layer of foil.  Once it is fully colonized, you scrape off the verm layer, and then put your casing layer on top (50/50+ or whatever you wish).  Simple as that!  :laugh:

I don't know if this is good or bad, but it definately is easier and requires less work.  Maybe crumbled cake produces better ...I don't know.  Maybe this would produce better ...don't know.  But I believe it's worth a try or two to see the results.  :smirk:

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Terrence McKenna, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation