Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | Next > | Last >
OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Tipote]
    #22572710 - 11/25/15 11:51 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:

classic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22572889 - 11/25/15 12:15 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

^^^Bullshit! The Indians are NOT wiped out, and most land was bought from them,

This is the liberal BS being taught in schools nowadays, you should be ashamed of yourselves for spreading such lies

:lolwut:

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
    #22573009 - 11/25/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
I just don't consider explorers to be refugees. They came here to conquer and plunder. It's a bit different. If that's your idea of a refugee, then it certainly doesn't make your case! lol

there were explorers, true. i said people came for many reasons ( 3 times now). There were also religious people who were persecuted in Britain.

I have already said i agree its not the most sharpest cartoon as it fails to make a very clear point. seems to cause much more confusion for some people.

I see it as providing food for thought that there were refugees coming to america in the beginning seeking refuge. America is founded on some of these ideals. If anything it was the explorers and business people who raped and pillaged.

-First and foremost the vast majority of "Native" Americans died of small pox because they had no immunity-

Quote:

When the Europeans arrived, carrying germs which thrived in dense, semi-urban populations, the indigenous people of the Americas were effectively doomed. They had never experienced smallpox, measles or flu before, and the viruses tore through the continent, killing an estimated 90% of Native Americans.

http://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/variables/smallpox.html

-Secondly the British stole the land. Later when America won its independence, we bought the land that the French owned from Napoleon so he could help fund his war in Europe and Asia. The white settlers then went into California and Nevada for the gold and silver rush. Then we went to war with Mexico over Texas and took the west and southwestern US. The question is, did America take land from the Native Americans? The answer is no. European nations run by kings and queens and parliament took lands from native Americans 400 years before the United States was conceived. Also Britain and the French conspired with the Indians to go to war with us.

Maybe you (and John Oliver) should focus your attention on the atrocities that your nation and people have committed before you start pointing the finger at anyone else.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #22573026 - 11/25/15 12:41 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:thatsaten:

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #22573173 - 11/25/15 01:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:

-First and foremost the vast majority of "Native" Americans died of small pox because they had no immunity-

Quote:

When the Europeans arrived, carrying germs which thrived in dense, semi-urban populations, the indigenous people of the Americas were effectively doomed. They had never experienced smallpox, measles or flu before, and the viruses tore through the continent, killing an estimated 90% of Native Americans.

http://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/variables/smallpox.html

-Secondly the British stole the land. Later when America won its independence, we bought the land that the French owned from Napoleon so he could help fund his war in Europe and Asia. The white settlers then went into California and Nevada for the gold and silver rush. Then we went to war with Mexico over Texas and took the west and southwestern US. The question is, did America take land from the Native Americans? The answer is no. European nations run by kings and queens and parliament took lands from native Americans 400 years before the United States was conceived. Also Britain and the French conspired with the Indians to go to war with us.

Maybe you (and John Oliver) should focus your attention on the atrocities that your nation and people have committed before you start pointing the finger at anyone else.

A. What difference does it make if disease wiped out most of the injuns?  European settlers were the vector for those disease introduction to the continent.  Even though this was unintentional, intention had little effect on the outcome.

B.You seem to be forgetting the fact that "Americans" were British, French, Dutch, German, etc.  The distinction between "Americans" and European Governments holds little value in this discussion. Let's imagine that i am a colonial power, and you are the governor of my colony.  I sent you to colonize an area with people already living there.  You do as i say, and build a thriving colony, but you had to push a few injuns out to do so.  Later, our political ties are broken, and you gain your independence. You form a new country with a new name.  Does your culpability diminish simply because you changed your name? As for the Louisiana purchase, someone might argue that France had no right to those lands in the first place.  If i steal your tv, and then sell it to some other guy, would the tv be any less stolen?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #22573311 - 11/25/15 01:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
Quote:

Tipote said:

Try harder.

There used to be a rule that comments weren't permitted on this tread, as this was for humor, not debate.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22573317 - 11/25/15 01:48 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Considering the political climate surrounding refugees, I think debate on the issue is understandable.  Even if the cartoon was just a jab.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineBigbadwooof
Snitterbundem The Dirty
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22573334 - 11/25/15 01:51 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
I just don't consider explorers to be refugees. They came here to conquer and plunder. It's a bit different. If that's your idea of a refugee, then it certainly doesn't make your case! lol

there were explorers, true. i said people came for many reasons ( 3 times now). There were also religious people who were persecuted in Britain.

I have already said i agree its not the most sharpest cartoon as it fails to make a very clear point. seems to cause much more confusion for some people.

I see it as providing food for thought that there were refugees coming to america in the beginning seeking refuge. America is founded on some of these ideals. If anything it was the explorers and business people who raped and pillaged.

^^^Bullshit! The Indians are NOT wiped out, and most land was bought from them,

This is the liberal BS being taught in schools nowadays, you should be ashamed of yourselves for spreading such lies

Liberal schools?

I didn't realize they never taught you about the 'Trail of Tears' in your fuckin backwoods inbred redneck 'Conservative Schools'! lmao

The only state I know of that's attempted to rewrite history textbooks with a bias skew is Texas. They don't want the 'Trail of Tears', or the Japanese internment camps to be taught in schools, because it gives a 'negative reflection of America'. They only want to teach pro-America history, and that's not history, son.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #22573379 - 11/25/15 02:02 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Lol, you're funny woofie, is that like Princeton taking down a picture of a president, Princeton, a LIBERAL UNIVERSITY, wants to delete history, bunch of fucking whiny babies

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/princeton-students-protest-presidents-office-change-35285702

--------------------

OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #22573759 - 11/25/15 03:28 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
Quote:

Tipote said:

Try harder.

There used to be a rule that comments weren't permitted on this tread, as this was for humor, not debate.

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Considering the political climate surrounding refugees, I think debate on the issue is understandable.  Even if the cartoon was just a jab.

Yes, debate on the issue is completely understandable, i wasnt posting this with that in mind but i'm open to debate/discussion if people want, absolutely. Maybe someone can make a thread relating specifically to this with the cartoon + discussion if they want to debate further but Falcon91Wolvrn03 is right that this thread is intended for the cartoons so i'm gonna stick to that.

meow

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Tipote] * 2
    #22576301 - 11/26/15 12:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineDouglas Howard
Stranger
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22576954 - 11/26/15 05:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Douglas Howard]
    #22579337 - 11/26/15 05:59 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Douglas Howard said:

am i being dense? can someone give me a clue what the means? haha...

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22579581 - 11/26/15 07:06 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tipote said:
Quote:

Douglas Howard said:

am i being dense? can someone give me a clue what the means? haha...

:carlinorgasm:

--------------------

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22579695 - 11/26/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
:carlinorgasm:

mature response

--------------------

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Tipote] * 2
    #22583746 - 11/27/15 07:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: maynardjameskeenan] * 1
    #22585309 - 11/28/15 08:12 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Snitterbundem The Dirty
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Political Cartoons [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22586229 - 11/28/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

Republicans should know, when they make their pussy little gun-clinging afraid of everything constituency scared, they'll hold on tight to that fear for the rest of their lives.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

Invisibleburgerbrain
Freedom Lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #22586537 - 11/28/15 01:50 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Cartoons [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #22586636 - 11/28/15 02:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

Republicans should know, when they make their pussy little gun-clinging afraid of everything constituency scared, they'll hold on tight to that fear for the rest of their lives.

where's your cartoon?:shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder