Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield!
    #1320506 - 02/19/03 06:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hello Everybody,

I'm just wanting to know what the best set up is, as far as what produces best growing conditions which results in maximum yields!

Right now I just got my casings in a tuppeware with perlite humidification... I fan 3 times a day for air exchange! Flourescent light above, which is on for atleast 2 hours a day.

I keep everything pretty moist... I mist once a day! I don't leave standing water.

My casing (now here's where I think my big problem is) seems perfectly colonized, and looks like there is primordia that is about to grow into pins... but it still hasn't pinned all across the surface... just on the edges.

Aside from casing, which kind of fruiting chamber setup works best!

I'm thinking of getting one of those shelf/greenhouse deals where the whole shelf is covered in a wheather proofed plastic (greenhouse). I would then use a cool mist air humidifier for air exchange and to maintain RH. Would this be better than doing the tuppeware thing?

Everybody's input is appreciated,

Thanks
Gthirteens

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield! [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1320557 - 02/19/03 07:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Would this be better than doing the tuppeware thing?

Yes I think it would be much better. afoaf uses a martha stewart portable zip up closet with a shelving unit and it hasn't failed him yet. :grin: 

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield! [Re: ]
    #1320713 - 02/19/03 09:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

maximum yeild in the smallest space. probably sclerotia

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield! [Re: blackout]
    #1320741 - 02/19/03 10:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man, but I don't wanna grow those scletoria's! I'm talkin about for the mush mush!

Peace

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield! [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1320813 - 02/20/03 12:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this id by no means the best fruting chamber, i dont know if the 'best' fruiting chamber exists. but the other day my friend visited his grandma, and found this little vynol box with a see through plastic tiop and a zipper, it fits his 20 gallon aquarium pefectly. i dunno he was excited.

oh yea and a quick question (if nobody minds)

in a terrarium situation, if one side has 2 holes filled with polyfill, and a few layers over those to holes, and the other side has to holes (also with polyfill.) with a fan blowing away from the terrarium (sucking air through the setup), would the polyfill provide enough of a barrier for contams, or would a more sophisticated filter be needed?

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
Re: What's the BEST Fruiting Chamber set up? For maximum yield! [Re: Gthirteens] * 1
    #1320821 - 02/20/03 12:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hehe.. you probably don't want to hear this, but the BEST setup for maximum yields is different for everybody.  What works best for you may not work as well for the next guy/gal... As long as you are casing, thats probably your best bet.  If you want more, just stick with what you are doing, but think big.  Better substrates help as well.  As for what is the best substrate, i'm not going to comment, because that could only lead to an argument...  :wink:

--------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Offlineshroomologist
Loc: SouthEastern US
    #1321474 - 02/20/03 06:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

My casing (now here's where I think my big problem is) seems perfectly colonized, and looks like there is primordia that is about to grow into pins... but it still hasn't pinned all across the surface... just on the edges.

in the FAQ, it says that if the humidity isn't high enough, or the casing is drying out, its going to only pin where the highest amount of humudity is....which happens to be around the edges of a casing. Try making it a little bit more moist.

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#1321526 - 02/20/03 07:10 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Anno posted some pics of a really cool setup if u can find all the stuff to make it.

I'll see if I can't find the link

EDIT http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Pictures&Number=524241&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Here it is^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Edited by Chills420 version2 (02/20/03 07:13 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom