Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEkuenchuocha
<none>
Loc: An Island
Bad News, Fanaticus Busted
    #1320485 - 02/19/03 08:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think that this is an appropriate place for this. It somewhat deals w/ growing. Fanaticus provided spores. Admins, if u want to move it, go ahead, I dont really know where to post it, i think it should be posted in all forums. It is very sad what happened. Here is the article:

Investigators: Magic mushrooms via the Web
02/19/2003

By CHRIS INGALLS / KING 5 Investigators

They're called "magic mushrooms" and they produce an illegal high. Tuesday, federal agents raided a local company that made tens of thousands of dollars a month selling them on the Internet.

The KING 5 Investigators have been looking into this company for weeks now.

The company is known as Fanaticus and they sell syringes, filled with a solution with countless spores.

With these and a little know-how, just about anyone can grow potent psychedelic mushrooms.

KING 5 was there when drug agents brought in one of two men suspected of putting a high-tech twist on the sale of an old-time drug by operating Fanaticus, the Web site that sells the magic mushrooms via the Internet.

Agents say the men operated out of a home near Lake Quinault in the remote rain-forest country of the Olympic Peninsula ? the perfect climate for growing mushrooms.

Authorities say they first heard about Fanaticus in phone calls coming in from across the country.

The KING 5 Investigators obtained some syringes from Fanaticus. A close look shows the tiny black spores floating in a solution.

Prosecutors say the spores themselves are not illegal. They don't contain the hallucinogenic properties of a full-grown mushroom, but the Web site contains specific instructions on how to inject the spores into a jar and grow a potent magic mushroom.

"It's the equivalent of selling somebody the ingredients to make meth and telling them how to mix it up, and getting paid for it. You'd be guilty of conspiring to distribute methamphetamine," said Doug Whalley, federal prosecutor.

At $10 per syringe, it appears the suspects? worldwide sales were making them rich.

At a court hearing Tuesday, suspected ringleader Robert McPherson admitted earning $30,000 per month and authorities say his only source of income comes from his thriving mail-order mushrooms.

DEA and the postal inspector?s office have been investigating Fanaticus for years. They actually planted some of these spores and grew mushrooms in a DEA lab to make sure the process works. And it did.

--------------------
If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Edited by Ekuenchuocha (02/20/03 06:46 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Bad News, Fanaticus Busted [Re: Ekuenchuocha]
    #1320505 - 02/19/03 08:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Is this the 2nd time?

OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
    #1320507 - 02/19/03 08:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It somewhat deals w/ growing. Fanaticus provided spores, for us to grow

Ehem. I am not sure what you are talking about. I am insulted.... PF sells spores for people to examine. I have never seen anyone use their spores in any other way than under a mycroscope. I would be outraged to hear somone broke the law by cultivating them into illegal hallucinagenic mushrooms. Poor guys. Just trying to make a buck, ya know ?

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

OfflineSlipstream
Chagrined

Loc: Thither
Re: Bad News, Fanaticus Busted [Re: Hexum311]
    #1320521 - 02/19/03 08:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Won't the disclaimer cover their asses?

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Bad News, Fanaticus Busted [Re: Slipstream]
    #1320550 - 02/19/03 09:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

there is no disclaimer on the page.

OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
Re: Bad News, Fanaticus Busted [Re: Hexum311]
    #1320556 - 02/19/03 09:18 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

It somewhat deals w/ growing. Fanaticus provided spores, for us to grow

Ehem. I am not sure what you are talking about. I am insulted.... PF sells spores for people to examine. I have never seen anyone use their spores in any other way than under a mycroscope. I would be outraged to hear somone broke the law by cultivating them into illegal hallucinagenic mushrooms. Poor guys. Just trying to make a buck, ya know ?

Wait a minute..... You inject the spores and then you get high? Or you inject the spores and then you have mushrooms growing inside of you?
I really am confused now. These King 5 guys arent very clear in their instructions.

And they keep saying in that artical that Fanaticus was selling mushrooms...they wherent, they where selling spores, which the DEA themselves say is NOT illegal.

My friends have been using some of these same teks and things to grow Morrals and Shiitaki mushrooms, so does this mean that THOSE mushrooms turn into drugs? I dont understand the logic here...and until the DEA and whoever wrote tht inflamatory artical understand what it is they are doing, and talking about, then I think they should stop wasting our tax dollars on this kind of thing and go after the REALLY dangerous drug trade and traders:
George Dubya Bush, and his daddies Cocaine ring, and the up-comming opium war in Afghanistan where they will do the exact same thing they did in Viet nam": Smuggle a whole bunch of heroin into the US using US army opperations.

But we also know that the CIA has continually ham-strung the DEA when it comes to THAT sort of thing, so the DEA limp-dicks have to go chasing down a bunch of peace-loving hippies who just want to get high and run naked through the woods instead.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #1320574 - 02/19/03 09:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This part really urks me:

Quote:

"DEA and the postal inspector?s office have been investigating Fanaticus for years. They actually planted some of these spores and grew mushrooms in a DEA lab to make sure the process works. And it did."

For starters the spores were not "planted" and second of all I think that they are refering to the FBI (not the DEA) that did this investigation.

For anyone that wants to know the full details about the investigation in which the FBI (Not the DEA) was involved in (growing 'shrooms with spores ordered from PF) -

Please Read This Thread: FBI DOC: THE PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS INVESTIGATION

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (02/19/03 09:36 PM)

Offlinenavo
Stranger
Loc: Tempe, AZ
    #1320583 - 02/19/03 09:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That REALLY sucks that fanaticus has been busted.  Though we all know that technically they weren't doing anything illegal, I doubt the technicalities are going to matter much to the DEA -- they were selling spores along with step-by-step instructions on how to grow illegal mushrooms.  Pretty blatant.

If they do get prosecuted on distribution charges, this could mean the end of spore purchasing as we know it.  Might wanna stock up now... :frown:

navo

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1320611 - 02/19/03 10:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There is already a thread about it in the General question.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=1317664

Would you be so kind and continue this discussion there? Thank you!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation