Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEatTheBlue
I went on a hunt today...
    #1319130 - 02/19/03 09:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Went on my first expidition today to a fairly llarge field. I talked to the rancher and it looks like I've got a permanent field to hunt in... so thats cool.... the only prob is i didnt find a single mushroom.... psilocybe or otherwise... the grass was kinda dry but i at least expected at least ONE mushroom to be out there... last night the humidity was 97% and the temps were in the high 60's... that should initiate pinning, no? There were lots of patties out there but no shrooms... oh well, i guess i'll just have to keep trying. How common is it to find absolutly NO fungal life in a large field this time of year in south florida?

Edited by EatTheBlue (02/19/03 09:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: EatTheBlue]
    #1319153 - 02/19/03 09:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

what is the low temp..if its getting below 60 then thats probably the reason..if i was you i would buddy up real close to that rancher an watch the weather channel...good luck. :smirk:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

InvisibleEatTheBlue
Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: TxTec]
    #1319203 - 02/19/03 10:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think it went below 60 but it could have.... yeah that rancher was cool, he just told me not to get too close to the cows cuz they get spooked. The weather channel is predicting some favorable shrooming weather... what do you think? how long should i wait before i go out there again?

GumbyDude Edit: I did you a favor and removed the weather channel link. You don't want to give out information too specific about where you live... Never know who's watching this site. Tis' for your own saftey

Edited by EatTheBlue (02/19/03 02:40 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1319260 - 02/19/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You bastard...!!

You live in South Flordia, and now have a field? Maannnn...

Well, I can tell you that you will be finding something. Im sure its just a tad bit early. I would check next week sometime, a few days after the rains.

You should maybe purchase a digital camera and share your finds :wink:

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: angryshroom]
    #1319265 - 02/19/03 10:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah, Id edit out that link to the weather channel...it says your town name  :blush:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1319343 - 02/19/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

who cares,, my home town is decatur illinois, and theres like 40,000 people in my town, you aint gonna find my ass

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1319405 - 02/19/03 11:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He's trying to be nice and helpful. These days the government seems to be watching or trying to watch everything. You should assume they have read your post and have your IP address. Given those they should be able to figure out who you are by going to your ISP.

Are they actually doing this right now? We don't know. But they could. And you wouldn't know until they come knocking on your door.

Is all that paranoia? Maybe. But it'll cost you very little to be a bit paranoid and be sure you don't say anything that might land you in some ass-pounding prison somewhere.

We would all rather that everybody here continued to be a contributor rather than a statistic.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1319479 - 02/19/03 11:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Like ToxicMan said, it's a lot easier to track you down than you think. I could probably do it if I really wanted to.

All someone(the cops) would have to do is obtain your IP address(very easy if you know what you're doing). Once they have your IP they can do a whois on it, see who owns the IP, call the owner of it. The owner of your IP at the time will be your ISP. Next they ask the ISP who had the IP at whatever time you were posting, the ISP looks up the logs, see's that it's your account. They look up your account in their system and hand over your address to the feds. It's something something that could all be done within an hour.

Don't take chances.

Edited by GumbyDude (02/19/03 11:59 AM)

Anonymous

Re: I went on a hunt today... [Re: Gumby]
    #1319760 - 02/19/03 02:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleEatTheBlue
    #1319885 - 02/19/03 02:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Gumby Dude: I appreciate it a lot but that link I had wasnt the zip code or name of the city where  the location of the field is... it was just an area that would have the same weather... that zip code is far from where i am and the field is and it is just a good reference for the whole south florida weather network... i purposly used a zip code that was not near the field or my hometown but would have little difference weatherwise... thanks for the concern tho, good lookin out :wink:

Other than that I'm not doing anything illegal, i'm not trespassing since i have permission from the owner and mushroom hunting is not illegal unless you are specifically looking for a controlled substance, and who in their right mind would do that  :wink:    so im not worried about the feds... i was just asking about mushroom hunting weather in a specific reigon of the state and used a zip code that would connect to a fairly accurate weather center that is pretty much accurate for the whole city.    It looks like it might be raining in the next few days... anyone else have any news about the SoFla weather?

Edited by EatTheBlue (02/19/03 02:59 PM)

InvisibleEatTheBlue
    #1319907 - 02/19/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I hope i find somethin... and yeah i'll be taking my digi out there next time and get some pics for the site....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix