Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKlingon
Lurker of the deepest woods

Contact
    #11177109 - 10/03/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few days ago me and my girlfriend tripped together on mushrooms. It was her first time, and we did around 3-4 grams dry each. Around midnight, after a couple of hours with talking, we decided to go outside for some fresh air. We went out in-front of our apartment, and lay down in the cool wet grass just for the feeling of it. We noticed there wasn't a cloud on the sky, so we stared at the stars for a few minutes.

Suddenly I stopped breathing. I had a strong feeling of something going out of my head, through my forehead and upwards towards the stars. Right after this feeling ended, I heard and felt a brief sound which is hard to explain. It was electric; loud, sharp and skull-penetrating. The closest thing I can think of which can be compared to it is the sound you hear when you try to tune in to a specific frequency on an old radio. When the sound ended, I pushed the back of my head into the ground, lifted my chin and gasped.

Here's whats really interesting: at the exact same moment as I gasped, my girlfriend gasped too. We looked shocked at each other, and went inside. I asked her why she gasped, and if she noticed we gasped at the exact same time. She answered she strongly felt and saw something spiraling out of her forehead, followed by an loud and sharp electric sound.

I understand that some might think its an coincidence that we experienced this at the same time, but it made an religious man out of me. Anyone experienced the same?

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

DMT: The Spirit Molecule documentary

There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes, 
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.

-Lord Byron

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Contact [Re: Klingon]
    #11177751 - 10/03/09 09:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

awesome! i hope to experience such a thing

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Contact [Re: dummy]
    #11177763 - 10/03/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's amazing, man. Maybe you were witnessing your energetic thought process shooting to the stars.

OfflineMo0se
Stranger

Re: Contact [Re: dummy]
    #11177798 - 10/03/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Don't know if it's related or not but:

I used to try and do lucid dreaming.  If you aren't familiar with the term, its the practice of becoming aware of the fact that you are dreaming while dreaming, so that you can take control.  Anyways, the method I had the most success with was by essentially meditating in my bed lying down.  You maintain awareness as the body falls asleep.  That way you enter a dream fully aware that you are asleep.  The few times I managed to get it to work, the sensation of "passing" from waking to sleeping was very intense.  It was very similar to what you described.  The sound is like a rush of electric energy passing through the brain.  It also felt as if I was "falling" through my own head... not a very clear description, but thats the best way I can describe it.  It only lasted a few seconds before I was dreaming.

I don't know much about the science behind dreaming, but I do know that the brain disconnects from a lot of the body's musculature system during dreaming to prevent sleep walking.  It was just my feeling that maybe this "disconnection" is what I was experiencing.  Maybe you were just so focused on the stars that your body started to drift.  Mushrooms are a much like a dreamlike state anyways.

Anyways, sounds like it was cool.  :thumbup:

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Contact [Re: Mo0se]
    #11177809 - 10/03/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mo0se said:

I used to try and do lucid dreaming.  If you aren't familiar with the term, its the practice of becoming aware of the fact that you are dreaming while dreaming, so that you can take control.  Anyways, the method I had the most success with was by essentially meditating in my bed lying down.  You maintain awareness as the body falls asleep.  That way you enter a dream fully aware that you are asleep.  The few times I managed to get it to work, the sensation of "passing" from waking to sleeping was very intense.  It was very similar to what you described.  The sound is like a rush of electric energy passing through the brain.  It also felt as if I was "falling" through my own head... not a very clear description, but thats the best way I can describe it.  It only lasted a few seconds before I was dreaming.

I don't know much about the science behind dreaming, but I do know that the brain disconnects from a lot of the body's musculature system during dreaming to prevent sleep walking.  It was just my feeling that maybe this "disconnection" is what I was experiencing.  Maybe you were just so focused on the stars that your body started to drift.  Mushrooms are a much like a dreamlike state anyways.

Anyways, sounds like it was cool.  :thumbup:

I do/feel the same exact things. :O

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Contact [Re: OutThisLife]
    #11177834 - 10/03/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mo0se said:

I used to try and do lucid dreaming.  If you aren't familiar with the term, its the practice of becoming aware of the fact that you are dreaming while dreaming, so that you can take control.

I really wish I could get this lucid dreaming thing down. >_<
It sounds so amazing, but by the time I realize im dreaming, ive already awakened.

And it sounds like you had an out of body experience of some kind OP.
If you both had the shrooms at the same time that could explain it.
Not meaning to degrade your experience, but would you really say your "Religious" after it, or spiritual. Because those two things are different. =P

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (10/03/09 10:17 PM)

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: Klingon]
    #11177991 - 10/03/09 10:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (02/18/10 05:17 PM)

OfflineKlingon

Re: Contact [Re: Thisfire]
    #11178047 - 10/03/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If you both had the shrooms at the same time that could explain it.

Actually, it wasnt my plan to trip that night since I wanted to watch over her. When I realized she was doing fine, I made some for myself (around 2 hours after she started tripping).

Quote:

Not meaning to degrade your experience, but would you really say your "Religious" after it, or spiritual.

I might have used the wrong term, but I got the feeling there are higher beings out there.

Quote:

The sound is like a rush of electric energy passing through the brain.  It also felt as if I was "falling" through my own head.

I'm really interested in the electric sound and why we only hear it when this stuff happens. I'm thinking its the sound of an transmision ending or starting. Maybe its the jump from one frequency to another. It's like we're tuning in to something.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

OfflineKlingon

#11178060 - 10/03/09 11:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Some will try to write this off with a scientific explanation about how it is some type of reaction in the brain from the chemicals yada yada yada. I personally feel it has a much deeper explanation/meaning that would have to do with something regarding another realm, our souls tuning into some higher dimension. Something along those lines. Perhaps when a soul exits the Human form this is the sound that is heard as the soul travels somewhere else.

You said it :grin:
Its of course the reaction in the brain from the chemicals, but they probably cant say anything about what this really does to the brain. The brain might work like a transmitter/reciever.

If someone comes with an scientific explaination to this trying to ruin the mystical aspect of this, I wont let it let me down, simply because we don't really know shit about whats going on. We barely understand the basics.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Edited by Klingon (10/03/09 11:13 PM)

OfflineKlingon

#11178576 - 10/04/09 01:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Came across this by accidence. Lucky find:

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11178804 - 10/04/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds  crazy awesome. relating to the noise i've heard it during some of the more intense trips. it usually is a background humming, like being inside a super computer and you feel there is intelligence behind it but you can't figure out if its coming from inside your cranium or outside influences.

--------------------

OfflineKlingon

#13197943 - 09/15/10 05:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's been 345 days since this was last active, but I'd rather continue here than make a new thread. I've been researching the electric sound for almost a year and have finally figured it out. It's called the Kundalini syndrome, and has been a part of eastern spiritual teachings for some time. It was just recently accepted in western psychology to be something else than psychosis, which makes it very interesting.

I've written about my experiences on my website without mentioning the use of psychedelics to preserve credibility.

I've been a bit passionate about this subject because the professional help I acquired told me it was just a sign of psychosis, and that it had nothing to do with the expansion of consciousness. Turned out they were wrong :grin:

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Edited by Klingon (09/15/10 05:47 AM)

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
    #13198005 - 09/15/10 06:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Had a similar experience a few years ago with MJ:
was tripping out hard (by no means inexperienced) on what must have been amazing pot.
I was originally listening to crickets, and sank into what i'd imagine a hypnotic state, listening to the crickets, and i recall the sound of the crickets telling me some really important message that i now cannot remember :S.  I felt, and visualized two pistons entering and exiting my skull from both ears, and i was getting a strong electric fizzling / ringing sound in my head.

After snapping out of it, i was pretty exhausted, but as with the crickets could only vaguely remember snippets of what happened.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

OfflineKlingon

Re: Contact [Re: Kanker]
    #13198098 - 09/15/10 07:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kanker said:
Had a similar experience a few years ago with MJ:
was tripping out hard (by no means inexperienced) on what must have been amazing pot.
I was originally listening to crickets, and sank into what i'd imagine a hypnotic state, listening to the crickets, and i recall the sound of the crickets telling me some really important message that i now cannot remember :S.  I felt, and visualized two pistons entering and exiting my skull from both ears, and i was getting a strong electric fizzling / ringing sound in my head.

After snapping out of it, i was pretty exhausted, but as with the crickets could only vaguely remember snippets of what happened.

I can imagine focusing on the sound of crickets leading to an experience like that. Do you recall having had that sensation any other time?

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

OfflineMushroomWisdom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13198705 - 09/15/10 10:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the great post and the follow-up.

I don't think any of us have any idea how many layers the mushrooms might affect.  I personally believe mushrooms can help cleanse and heal the energy of our various chakras.  I've had several experiences while tripping where I felt some kind of static electricity around the top of my head.. like pins and needles around my crown chakra.  I can sometimes also feel waves of energy entering my body through my head and shooting out of my feet.

On one particularly bad trip, when I was not in the right place emotionally or physically to be tripping, I had this moment where I felt a super brief sharp pain in my gut.. pretty much the moment I could sense how bad the pain was it was already gone.  And as this pain left my body it felt like some kind of energy vacuum had come to suck away.  Just as I'm having this physical sensation and trying to figure out what the funk was happening, I was having a simultaneous flashback about a friend who had done some really shitty things to me a few years back.  I had the vision of her stabbing me in the gut... and as the all of this was happening it felt like a blade was being removed from my abdomen.  (Weird shit.. thanks for not judging).  :smile: 

Later on that night I meditated and forgave her.  It turned out to be one of the most profound healing experiences of my life.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"...the spirit reveals itself to everyone with the same intensity and consistency, but only warriors are consistently attuned to such revelations."  Carlos Castaneda

OfflineKlingon

Re: Contact [Re: MushroomWisdom]
    #13199154 - 09/15/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thanks for the great post and the follow-up.

My pleasure! :grin:

For all I know the effects you had could have been Kundalini, or the drug mimicking the effects. Kundalini is not limited to electric sounds though, and includes all physiological effects of an consciousness expanding experience. The insight you probably felt might have produced the sound/sensation/feeling.

"It is clear that the awakening of the kundalini is not a series of a few small alterations in consciousness, but involves a global transformation of the entire person. The resulting state may be properly called one of hyper-awareness. As such, the fact that the kundalini experience exists at all indicates that we are dealing with an emergent property, or quality of consciousness, that results from a hyper-activation of all the systems of the body and mind. This is not a state familiar to most people. It is not even a state familiar to most people who practice kundalini yoga. We are thus dealing with an altered state of consciousness that occurs relatively infrequently. The implication here is that, if indeed the kundalini experience is a hyperactive state of awareness, then we cannot rightly judge it by criteria used to ascertain our normal and usual states of awareness. In other words, to attempt to understand the kundalini experience, we are forced to go beyond our ordinary notions of consciousness and human nature. If we do not, then we miss the most significant aspects of the kundalini phenomena."

- http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/downloads/psychedelic_drugs_&_kundalini_%28133pg%29.pdf

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

OfflineGrimReaper86
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

#13199376 - 09/15/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Uh, this thread is awesome. It helps me validate some experiences that I've had. On an acid trip mixed with some mushrooms I had a unique experience which has been repeated in a noticeable but in general more mild way.

First off let me say that this was not the first time I had experienced a sensation similar to this...sometimes right before I was would fall asleep as a teenager I would suddenly feel as though my brain was struck by lightening and I would jolt awake with a sudden electric feel. Btw: I was also electrocuted by a house current

Getting back to the story at hand....I was tripping with some friends and I have a playstation 3. Some of my companions wanted to watch something that would look awesome tripping. I think we used the new Alice in Wonderland or Avatar or something....anyway...because of the way I have all of my entertainment center connected and because the video/audio cable may need to be replaced the PS3 is will often but not always make a slight electric hum which can be heard coming from the tv sometimes when we use the PS3...it sounds like a powerful electrical current going through the tv. Well on this trip for reasons I don't entirely understand I could not stop focusing on that hum. I generally find the sound annoying as I notice it often. I can usually ignore it if I try to or get it to not be as loud but I couldn't this time. I couldn't stop focusing on that dam sound and the more I thought about the sound the louder it got. At first I thought I was imagining it but because I couldn't ignore it I kept focusing on it.

The hum got louder and louder the more I focused on it to the point that I became concerned. I was like anyone else hear that? I started describing the noise to one of my friends who did notice it but didn't seem to know what to say about it. I noticed that the more I thought about it the louder it got though and told my friend...at first I think he thought I was crazy or just tripping to much, but then I become almost irritated. I listened for the noise after leaving the room and coming back the noise had actually reduced. I focused on the noise again and (here is the part the op might find most interesting) I felt a strange sensation in my head....it felt electrical but also like it was spinning....the best way I can describe it...is that it felt like a fan/fan-blades spinning in my head (not in a painful way though) It felt mildly electrical but in any case as I noticed this and the noise and I focused on the hum it became louder again. Then the tv started to blink oddly which had never happened before and hasn't happened since other then on that occasion. I felt as though I was causing this electrical interference and left the room only to find that it calmed when I left. For the remainder of that trip I had to be careful around certain electrical devices. In fact later when I went to a different room in the apartment where a fan and my desktop reside I found that when I concentrated on the fan I was able to change the speed at which it was going. Not greatly but enough that you could tell audibly that the speed was fluctuating.

I have experienced things like this sense but for the most part not as intensely. I actually think I caused my computer to shut down twice accidentally while tripping...I have looked to other causes...but there was no electrical storms at these times and my computer hasn't had issues shutting down lest it gets too hot and that hadn't been an issue at the time that I was aware of because my computer didn't start having over heating problems until I installed windows 7 on it and for a time forgot to reinstall some drivers. That happened after the occasions in which I am referencing though.

Take from this what you will...but I have come to believe that with strong focus and under the right conditions humans can generate or at least effect electrical fields.

OfflineKlingon

Re: Contact [Re: GrimReaper86]
    #13199581 - 09/15/10 02:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What you are describing fits more the description of tinnitus or exploding head syndrome than the physio kundalini effects.

On mushrooms I can too hear the electricity over longer periods of time, but only as a low humming. The big spikes only come when I have greater realizations, which I think is the real kundalini and not the effect mimicked by the drug.

I dont see how the electricity of the brain could affect electrical appliances since the current in the brain is really low, and even if it were higher, wouldnt other power sources have the same effect?

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

OfflineGrimReaper86
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

#13200802 - 09/15/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

After doing some research about tinnitus and exploding head syndrome I would say that what I was describing did not feel like that...at least the tripping part of the story didn't although the exploding head syndrome does sound some what reminiscent of what I experienced when I was a teenager. I think it's easily possible that our brains and the electrical fields we generate with our bodies are capable of doing things we are unaware of. Telekinesis and things of that nature could also be somewhat explained in this way....The fact that psychs tend to expand your brains natural horizons and in my opinion they make your brain work on tremendous levels. I theorize that is because the way that psychs effect your serotonin levels may somehow make your synaptic responses increase in speed or perhaps somehow make short term short circuits in the brain that enable it to over work as well as be very bombarded with senses because your senses seemed heightened to an abnormal level. (at least for me, especially on acid) One may argue why can't our brains do that all the time. My answer is that our brains aren't generally meant to. Ever notice that most of the time you may have a sort of psychedelic hang over the next day? Ever wonder why? I'm no expert but if I had to take an educated guess it would be because it's like overclocking a computer only that computer is in your brain and depending on the dose and the experience of the user it's like overclocking a computer that doing at least one hundred different intensive tasks at once in such a fashion as to be receiving data faster then it can sometimes be interpreted. Our brains aren't meant to function in this way all the time which is why we have a built in way of making our brains build up a tolerance. If you tripped constantly you would go insane because quite frankly your brain isn't made to do that. There could be a great deal of reason why but I'm not going to get into why I think that is because its rooted in the way I feel about the divine and is all speculation at best.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say: "wouldn't other power sources have the same effect?"

Are you trying to say that the brain would effect other appliances or that other power sources like other appliances should effect each other? In either case I could argue your point. I didn't say I turned anything on with my brain I said that I merely affected the electrical current. The way I perceived it; electrical signals of minor degree effect electrical appliances all the time and appliances do often effect each other especially when they are near one another or hooked up to the same outlet. If a persons brain (say mine) was for whatever reason (psychs) able to do things with electrical fields it wouldn't surprise me at all. I wasn't powering entire machines...what I described was more like electrical interference being generated by my own brain.

If I'm right then humans may be cable of far more then we generally realize at least under the right conditions. If I'm wrong well then maybe it was just a crazy trip but I'm quite well familiar with the idea of chakras and it felt like it had more to do with that.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Contact [Re: GrimReaper86]
    #13200899 - 09/15/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to Hogwarts!
:voila:
I love these kind of threads! Makes my day and I needed it! +5
:psychsplit:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Edited by curenado (09/15/10 07:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale