Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
there's still hope (one two one two, this is just a test)
    #1319300 - 02/19/03 12:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There's still hope.

Not in the National, "Democratic Repulic in 2003" sense though.
There's really no hope for America right now.
The same can be said for most established governments then.  Save for the diehard Communists, if the past is any indication of what will happen in the future, the rest of the world's governments are on their way to being Americanized... and look at what we've become.  *cough*
Or not.

Now, as a species though - forget nations - as humans, shit...there's what, 6 billion of us?
Come on...
What did They think they were going to do?

George W. Bush took office spouting the regular political rhetoric for The Future.
A year later 2 planes flew into the WTC destroying both buildings completely and killing thousands. A third plane crashed into The Pentagon and those plans for The Future were gone forever.
Since then Bush has been on a war path.
Waging war on far away countries that to most Americans exist in video form on CNN, he's been mostly supported in the eyes of the Main Stream.
Waging war on our Constitutional freedoms with Homeland Security, he's been garnering the ill-will of Americans from every walk of life.
But that hardly makes the news.
We did pretty good this past weekend though.  Millions and millions came out worldwide to protest Bush.
Up until then, we'd pretty much done nothing of great affect.
We need to have a repeat of last weekend EVERY WEEKEND.  During the week even.

There's about 15 people here in town who have nailed together a bunch of shipping palette's, covered them in cardboard, loaded it with sleeping bags, and are LIVING in it on city property in a very high pedestrian traffic area downtown.
The call it a refugee camp.
Mainly to raise awareness of the flood of Iraqi refugees from impending war, but also as an unspoken act of total disassociation from the Bush administration.

Now look.  I know Homeland Security is for "our own good".  Ok.
But if a new governmental Agency is what we need is to be "safe", then we definately need one to protect us from the current occupants of the White House.

I have no evidence of anything.
Nor does Colin Powell or any of the other sabre rattling oil slicks. 

Why aren't the politicins openly expressing their real feelings about all this dissent?
In the extreme(9/11 was pretty damn extreme), what could happen?
Say we all decide to level with eachother and tell the truth.
"Leaders" could go on live TV and just air it all out, probably confirming and dis-proving many a conspiracy theroy and leaving us to decide their fate as public figures.
What an astronomical feat of administrative humility that would take.
But wouldn't that get ball rolling at a steep downhill angle towards making things "better", or at least different?
Why hasn't this happened?
Well... there's a million and one reasons why that hasn't happened.  Here's two from the top 10:

They're hiding.
Hiding behind nuclear weapons, Bio-warfare, Homeland Secuirty, oil money, podiums, duct tape, and blue or red ties.

They're cowards.
Why else invade a country like Iraq without provocation?  (except for the gooey blackness beneath it...)

Well there's no hiding when you're in the spotlight of the entire planet.  No corner will be dark enough to conceal that which they are secretly and deeply ashamed of, and it will only kill them faster if they try.

We may never know The Whole Story and that's fine.  What is of the utmost importance in times of war is not what you think, or feel, but what you do...

I subscribe to no established political philosphies or parties at this time and do not plan on ever doing so.

I just realized that I pretty much wrote this for myself... kind of a mental excersize.  Tearing around my hamster wheel, if you will...  :smirk:
I'll post it here anyway in hopes of making this more than a political discussion, because  Politics in this case isn't just Politics. With issues as large as these that have the potential to affect everyone's life on the planet we need to consider them from every angle including the philosophical, the spiritual, and the scientific - whatever that may mean to you. 

some interesting reading:
The Rogue Elephant:  The Bush Jr administration has become a 'threat to the peace' within the meaning of UN Charter article 39 -- by Francis A. Boyle, Professor of International Law.         

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: there's still hope (one two one two, this is just a test) [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1319382 - 02/19/03 01:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Protest Pics

>There's really no hope for America right now.

Sure there is! Americans will live comfortably for a while. There's no hope for Iraqis though.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: there's still hope (one two one two, this is just a test) [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1319514 - 02/19/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Everyday the world is getting worse and worse, I read the newspaper and I get so depressed sometimes. Cutbacks for education, politicians flatly lying about the up coming Iraqi war, further degredation of constitutional rights, our privacy is quickly eroding. I would say there is no hope for humanity, but somehow i feel things will work out in the end, maybe not for me or millions of others around the world, but for future generations, once they EVOLVE ideas, I think it will be all good.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: there's still hope (one two one two, this is just a test) [Re: chodamunky]
    #1322900 - 02/20/03 06:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think it will be all good.

I feel that it will.  :smile: 

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: there's still hope (one two one two, this is just a test) [Re: chodamunky]
    #1325181 - 02/21/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you should try bombing a third world country, it seems to help some people feel better! :shocked:

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology