Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes?
    #1318848 - 02/19/03 07:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A friend has 20 or so cakes going that are of two different sizes. Twelve are .5 pint jars and the other eight are .5 pint tupperware-style containers that are about 1.5 inches tall. Well, the same cloned myc was used for all 20, as was the same BRF mixture, sterilized by microwave. They have all been incubated together now for two weeks in the same inc. chamber. So, virtually everything is the same except for the containers, but the flat cakes are fully colonized, while the jars are a little over half there.

Can anyone explain this? More oxygen exchange, perhaps?

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1318872 - 02/19/03 07:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

less glass surface dork, jeeze cmon, you know these things, you just gotta think
thats how flames get started, if you woulda thunk about it for 5 more seconds you woulda figured that shit out, instead you was lazy and asked somebody else to thunk about it for you, DONT BE LAZY GUYS :grin: :grin: :grin: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (02/19/03 07:48 AM)

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1318963 - 02/19/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

less glass surface dork, jeeze cmon, you know these things, you just gotta think
thats how flames get started, if you woulda thunk about it for 5 more seconds you woulda figured that shit out, instead you was lazy and asked somebody else to thunk about it for you, DONT BE LAZY GUYS :grin: :grin: :grin: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Are you kidding me, how do you know which of those containers has less surface area? Did you calculate? They may be less tall but they have a bigger top and bottom surface area. I am not undertanding you answer  :confused:
I am not trying to flame, I am just trying to understand your answer. He said they were both .5 pint containers.
"More oxygen exchange, perhaps?" sounded logical to me.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

Edited by Mycotopian (02/19/03 08:31 AM)

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: Mycotopian]
    #1318991 - 02/19/03 08:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Take that, you shit-talking slut boy!

j/k, fool. Get on AIM, now.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319036 - 02/19/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i am on aim dick lick, yur not, for real the reason is glass surface area though, cause the air exchange is the same mofo, thats why people use short stuby half pints instead of the tall ones, less surface area=faster colonisation smalljohnson

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

#1319056 - 02/19/03 09:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Is there less surface area on a .5 pint wide mouth vs. a regualr .5 pint jar?
There may be but I would like to know how this info was found. Better gas exchange sounds more logical to me.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

OfflineBigJohnson

#1319216 - 02/19/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i am on aim dick lick, yur not, for real the reason is glass surface area though, cause the air exchange is the same mofo, thats why people use short stuby half pints instead of the tall ones, less surface area=faster colonisation smalljohnson 

You weren't calling me smalljohnson when my nuts were slapping your chin, cock muncher :smile:

LOL!

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319239 - 02/19/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

no dude there are two different strains of wide mouth half pints, short stubby, and tall skinny, short stubby always colonizes faster, air exchange isnt a factor, for he has not changed the air flow on each type jar, my answer is rite, cause im smart hahahahahaha

--------------------

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

#1319585 - 02/19/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

no dude there are two different strains of wide mouth half pints, short stubby, and tall skinny, short stubby always colonizes faster, air exchange isnt a factor, for he has not changed the air flow on each type jar, my answer is rite, cause im smart hahahahahaha 

You don't sound very smart. First off, there is not 2 "strains" of wide mouth .5 pint jars. One is wide mouth and the other tall skinny jar is not. Second, air exchange may not be a factor but gas exchange is and it isn't realeted to his airflow. So your not "rite" after all. I am wondering how you can have 444 posts?
:confused: :confused: :shocked: :shocked: :confused: :confused:

--------------------

Edited by Mycotopian (02/19/03 01:02 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319588 - 02/19/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

iv seen half pints of both designs if that makes you feel better, this subject is discussed in the fucking pf-tek, so yur not right after all, sorry to be a prick but what the fuck man

--------------------

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: Psychoslut] * 1
    #1319602 - 02/19/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have both and one is called a wide mouth jar and the other is not. You must be a comedian cause your cra :grin:cking me up!

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319608 - 02/19/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, thats what im doing, waisting my time typing to a closed minded arogent prick, to make him crack up, wow.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319614 - 02/19/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

and another thing, even if there wasnt two different types of wide mouth half pints, my answer still sounds better then all the other ones, his air flow is the exact same, the only difference is the shape of the jar

--------------------

Edited by Psychoslut (02/19/03 01:17 PM)

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

#1319620 - 02/19/03 01:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There is 2 types of .5 pint jar, one is a wide mouth and the other is not.
Please tell me how air "FLOW" is a factor when your cakes are in a jar colinizing.
Gas exchange is a factor. Air flow is a factor once you birth your cakes.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1319622 - 02/19/03 01:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

come on now... chill out guys!

One is called a Wide mouth 1/2 pint jar.
The other is called a Tall 1/2 pint jar.

The Wide mouth will colonize slightly faster than the Tall....IME

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1319628 - 02/19/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you new what i ment, so that was un-called for, and his gas exchange is the same, sooooooooooooooooooooo, whats the control now, hhhmmm maybe its the glass surface, but prolly not, myco has all duh answers it would seem

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1319632 - 02/19/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

and judge roadkills rulling is final folks, thanks man

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: Roadkill]
    #1319642 - 02/19/03 01:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>IME

Don't you mean, ISWIME?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Flat cakes colonize faster than taller cakes? [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1319651 - 02/19/03 01:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

can someone explain to me what both them stand for?

--------------------

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1319653 - 02/19/03 01:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

half pint is a half pint,

there is still the same volume to colonize, no matter what,

HOWEVER (COMMA)

the shorter half pints probably "seem" to colonize faster, but i believe that its only the surface of the cake you are seeing being colonized.  The very middle is still probably unfinished....

then again, i could be wrong  :laugh:

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains