Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: outta here
Hallucinations and the senses
    #1319092 - 02/19/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm thinking of taking another trip in the next couple of weeks, and want to up the dosage. My first time I did 1.5 grams, and had about a level 3 trip, and the same again on about 2 grams.

What I was curious about was the next level of hallucinations after breathing walls and moving carpets, like seeing things that aren't there. I've read a few examples of people seeing mushrooms growing out of the floor for example. I was just wondering how involved your nervous system gets in the visuals. Can you smell these hallucinations? Can you touch them or do they disappear when you try?

Both of my previous trips were full of good vibes, but I don't want to freak myself out by not being prepared for all of the sensations that might occur.

The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Hallucinations and the senses [Re: Edame]
    #1319864 - 02/19/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think what your talking about is OEV that are possible but pretty rare to have it to the extent that you see a plain old giant clown or something.

I have noticed once I past the point of slight OEVs like breathing and so on, thats all the better they get (but sometimes if I zone out and stare at something, I can almost induce visions somehow) ... and when I past that point my CEVs get amazingly intense. My most vivid hallucinations where behind closed eyelids, bright neon green patterns and blue diamonds were the last thing I can remember tripping and seeing.

its not so much as just plain old seeing something thats not there in reality, but seeing things my brain creates behind my eyes which are brilliantly detailed sometimes.

Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Edited by aguynameddan (02/19/03 04:36 PM)

Loc: Hyperspace
    #1320143 - 02/19/03 06:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

eat some shrooms and close your eyes. open eye visuals are pretty lame most of the time, IMO.. well in comparison to what can be envisioned with eyes closed

I feel many people take shrooms because shrooms give them a result they can't get elsewhere..... meaning without you actually eating the mushrooms and having an intense trip, there's no way for you to understand what its like. Asking and getting more answers will simply make it seem like you have a handle on something that is completely over language's head.

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/19/03 06:14 PM)

#1320419 - 02/19/03 07:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelics don't really produce hallucinations. A hallucination means you are unaware that it isn't real. That's not usually the case with standard psychedelics. Deleriants like Datura may give you hallucinations you can't distuingish from reality.

Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience