Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 * 4
    #13186033 - 09/12/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Legalizing cannabis has been promoted as the cure for nearly everything, from healing our withered economy, to ending the reign of drug cartels. Medical cannabis is already legal in California, but this proposal would regulate and tax marijuana for any adult to use. On Monday, September 13, the Proposition 19 campaign is launching a “money bomb”— a single day when supporters all across the nation contribute to the campaign to legalize marijuana in the state.

http://ecolocalizer.com/2010/09/10/prop-19-marijuana-money-bomb-on-monday/

This is the best chance we've ever had to actually end marijuana prohibition. That's why this Monday I'll be making a $20 donation to the Yes On 19 campaign. Anyone who thinks they can donate $5 without breaking the bank, I highly encourage you to do so.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenachohippie
asshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: right around the corner Flag
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: whatever123]
    #13186284 - 09/12/10 06:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ill vote no so i caNCLE YOU OUT IT IS A BAD LAW

--------------------

send guns, money ,lawyers, and drugs its been a long night

everything i post is a lie im a pathological liar

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: nachohippie]
    #13186346 - 09/12/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It may not be the law you want, but it is a step in the right direction.

If you vote no, you give the "if people wanted marijuana to be legal you'd see it at the polls" argument more weight.

Any law isn't going to pass unless it is age-restricted to 21 and allows for taxation.

EDIT: I've seen some people complain about this law because they think the minimum age should be 18, not 21. If you are 18 and this passes, it will be legal to smoke when you are 21. If this doesn't pass, it will not be legal to smoke when you are 21...

For other reasons too, it would be better to amend the law when it passes, than try to put another law on the ballot.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Edited by Green_T (09/12/10 07:08 PM)

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Green_T]
    #13186849 - 09/12/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone who smokes and doesn't support this law is basically saying they'd rather send 1000's of people to jail than settle for an imperfect legalization effort.

That's selfish as all hell, and waaaay too optimistic that this level of support can be garnered in a bill that doesn't involve taxing it.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: nachohippie]
    #13186864 - 09/12/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Care to shed some insight on why you don't support it?

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Subconscious] * 2
    #13186991 - 09/12/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

When I started seeing people who smoke say that they weren't voting for prop 19 it didn't seem real to me.

Do you people who think this bill is wrong live to shit on everything?

Here's a tip. If you want weed to be legal, don't vote to keep it illegal. As for amendments, we will get there if it is the right thing to do. For now, vote yes and enjoy it. Not all of us are so lucky to have the chance to vote yes on a bill to legalize marijuana in any form.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: xFrockx]
    #13187071 - 09/12/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
Here's a tip. If you want weed to be legal, don't vote to keep it illegal. As for amendments, we will get there if it is the right thing to do. For now, vote yes and enjoy it. Not all of us are so lucky to have the chance to vote yes on a bill to legalize marijuana in any form.

I've been telling everyone I know to go and vote.  This ballot is very important not just for California, but for the future of cannabis legalization in America and abroad.

And I agree, the bill is not perfect, but ask yourself what you would prefer:  imperfect legalization, or the continual lockup of thousands of people every year for possessing flowers from a plant.

One step at a time, people.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Plok]
    #13187871 - 09/13/10 01:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Absolutely. Prop 19 is not perfect, but how could anyone make the claim that the current situation is preferable?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

#13188051 - 09/13/10 04:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This post gives some reasons why people may disagree: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13148544#13148544

It would probably hurt people owning dispensaries, so I'm guessing they can find reasons why the current legal situation is preferable.

I think when prohibition was repealed, people couldn't open microbreweries - big business benefited. As of now, it is still illegal to operate a micro-distillery. However, would this be reasons to vote "no" for the repeal of prohibition?

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Terrapin
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13188071 - 09/13/10 04:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Care to shed some insight on why you don't support it?

Quote:

Ubitsa said:
Anyone who smokes and doesn't support this law is basically saying they'd rather send 1000's of people to jail than settle for an imperfect legalization effort.

That's selfish as all hell, and waaaay too optimistic that this level of support can be garnered in a bill that doesn't involve taxing it.

Well I feel bad that people are getting arrested still but No Ubita 1000's of people are not going to jail in California for pot LOL did you just make that up? you pretty much get a ticket if they even bother with it.  Unless you have lbs and lbs and doing something shady with them, then there are the mexicans growing on National Park land which will get fucked with, and the occasional pigs in the sky dropping in on some excessive fields.  But come one if you are dumb enough to smoke pot in california with out paying the 100$ doctors fee, which is all it takes, then I do not really have much sympathy for you.  And don't try and tell me its a $ thing...

It is absolutely ridiculous that they are trying to tax and regulate a fucking plant, who the fuck do they think they are.. Oh ya its the US government and they don't a flying fuck about anyone's personal freedom, just about money and power.

If it becomes legal with this prop 19 then it is just going to open the door for big ass corporations to start mass producing pot, which is gonna fuck over all the mom and pop pot growers who vend to dispensaries now.  Is that what you want?

Yes it will eventually break down like beer breweries and wine vineyards, large corporations and microbrews etc. but its not ideal at all

This is a medicinal plant they have no right to fucking tax it let a lone make it illegal

If we want a real effort we need to say no FUCK YOU we are not getting taxed on a plant we have everything HUMAN right to grow, however I supposed it will be a step but more of a sideways step then a step forward, yes it may give more precedence to other states legalizing medicinal, but at what cost?

Pick Your Poison

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: MagicMaker]
    #13188088 - 09/13/10 04:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

...man I don't like to swear that much but the drug war infuriates me :grrr:

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

#13188206 - 09/13/10 06:34 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:

(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual’s personal consumption, and not for sale.

(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.

- source: http://yeson19.com/node/6

If you can cultivate for personal use, there is no tax.

I also hear people saying that the quality will decline as "large corporations" take over and sell poor quality cannabis. I don't believe this to be true, as the black-market would flourish.

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #13188312 - 09/13/10 07:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMaker said:
If it becomes legal with this prop 19 then it is just going to open the door for big ass corporations to start mass producing pot, which is gonna fuck over all the mom and pop pot growers who vend to dispensaries now.  Is that what you want?

Uh... yea, it is actually.  Those people are taking advantage of weed being illegal for most, and making a killing off it.  Like in any other business in this country, they can make their money by offering something large manufacturers can't, or they can get a new profession.

I'd love to sit around growing weed my whole life too, but life's not always so easy.  Those people aren't entitled to anything, and certainly not at the expense of other people's freedom.

Seriously, anyone who would take money over freedom is no american in my books, he's a greedy bastard who needs to learn a thing or two.

Quote:

MagicMaker said:
It is absolutely ridiculous that they are trying to tax and regulate a fucking plant, who the fuck do they think they are.. Oh ya its the US government and they don't a flying fuck about anyone's personal freedom, just about money and power.

Dude you're not living in reality.

I paid a tax on my potato chips today, I'll pay a tax on my gasoline later, then I'll pay a tax on all my growing supplies, in fact almost anything I buy I pay a tax - I even pay a tax on my own damn property and house!  And all the while I'm paying a tax on every dime I make - BUT GUESS WHO'S NOT?   People growing weed illegally.

Everything is taxed these days, you need to grow the fuck up and pay taxes like the rest of us.  It's part of the way things work these days, even if it seems like it sucks. 

Freedom is priceless, you have no idea how lucky you are to have the choice to give up a bit of money for increased freedom.

The drug war infuriates me too.  If I thought that a non-taxed legalization bill would pass in 2012 even, I'd be tempted to support that instead.  But a non-taxed legalization bill would be many years away, and the USA needs California to show them weed can be legal NOW.

--------------------

Edited by Ubitsa (09/13/10 07:39 AM)

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Ubitsa]
    #13188667 - 09/13/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The growers that are clamoring to keep Prop. 19 from being passed are little more than modern day robber barons, trying to make their cash off prohibition. Fuck those selfish pigs that put dollar signs above decency - they're on the same footing as the DEA Agents that raid dispensaries.

An incomplete law is better than no law at all. That's been proven time and time during the extent of American history - it's better to take what you can, when you can and then try and fix it later down the road than simply walking away from the table because of a few stipulations. Look at Civil Rights during the 60's for a textbook example of gradually progressing legislation.

InvisibleDango_Bill
Seven
Female User Gallery

#13189283 - 09/13/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMaker said:

What about tobacco? Tobacco is a plant, and it's taxed and regulated. If it weren't taxed and regulated, then people of any age would be allowed to smoke cigarettes - you're saying we should have 8-year-olds addicted to nicotine, and teenagers getting lung cancer?

Like Ubitsa said, you are not living in reality. It needs to be regulated, and as far as taxation goes - that's the way living in a modern society works, you pay taxes on things. People have been paying taxes for thousands of years (see ancient Rome) - without taxes we'd have no roads, no drainage systems, no bridges, many would have no running water or sewage disposal - without taxes, we'd be living in the fucking stone age. If you don't agree with taxes, then get the fuck out of my society.

To anybody who is under 21, and is voting no because they want the minimum age to be 18 - you need to realize that if prop 19 doesn't pass this year, it will not be an option to vote on again for a very, very long time - it could be twenty or thirty years until we get the chance again. Even if you disagree with the min age being 21, you still need to go vote yes - If you vote yes and we pass this thing this year, you'll be able to smoke legally in 3 years. If we don't pass this thing this year, you won't be able to smoke legally at all. Think about it.

Edited by Dango_Bill (09/13/10 01:11 PM)

Offlinetheshroom
    ʇɥǝsɥɹooɯ
 User Gallery

Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: Dango_Bill]
    #13189994 - 09/13/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ITS A FUCKING PLANT FOR FUCKS SAKE
Why is it illegal in the first place?

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: theshroom]
    #13190670 - 09/13/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theshroom said:

Because some humans can't stand the thought of other humans using a plant for beneficial purposes.  It's a little weird, I know.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

Re: Prop 19 "Money Bomb" on Monday 9/13 [Re: SuperD]
    #13191044 - 09/13/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
Quote:

theshroom said:

Because some humans can't stand the thought of other humans using a plant for beneficial purposes.  It's a little weird, I know.

There are tons of plants that legal and used everyday for beneficial purposes.

The real reason marijuana is illegal is because about a hundred years ago we didn't like Mexican workers and back then their drug of choice is mary jane.

We decided to go after their drug and therefore be able to control the Mexicans.

Same thing happened with nearly all drug illegal for many races. Opium with Asians, cocaine with blacks, etc.

Prohibition was formed on racism and desire for control.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#13194426 - 09/14/10 01:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great news, Shroomery members: Yesterday's money bomb goal was $50,000 and we raised over $60,000.
Thanks to everyone who donated.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13194560 - 09/14/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I had some big rebuttle to your arguments Ubita and Dango, however it got deleted as my comp got shut off before i could send it, im not going to retype it just realize that you are threatening a way of life of 100,000s of people and they are not gonna be happy about it,

I wish i could get the fuck out of your society believe me im trying, but its not that easy, I was born into this system and I need to use/abuse it to get it out.

And though you have valid arguments you are all just jealous

And dango your comment about 8yr olds smoking is crazy, parents should regulate that, the reason why so many people smoke cigs is because of the taboo thing and trying to be cool in highschool etc. and its the advertisements and restrictiveness that stimulates them to do it IMO, take highschool drinking in USA vs Europe for example

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order