Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMattm
Hellbent
Male

Loc: Gone Flag
So I ponder...
    #13187842 - 09/13/10 01:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

On the subject as to whether or not psychedelics permanently awaken the spirit to the infinity of life, and if this awareness stays for eternity.

--------------------
Good bye to everyone, my time here was well spent, and I think I have gained a lot from coming here. The internet has become to much of a priority for me, and I think I am ready to let it go for a while. < Who am I kidding...I'm hooked for life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I ponder... [Re: Mattm]
    #13187936 - 09/13/10 02:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Even the best-taught lessons are eventually forgotten if not refreshed occasionally.  Drink deep and grok fully.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlineel.oscuro
Midnight Rambler

#13188054 - 09/13/10 04:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I believe that once you've visited the immaterial world you'll never forget it - but it takes a life time of practice to become 'one' with it.

--------------------
Aah philosophy, so many wasted hours. Now I know the true question;

How do you smoke a cigarette in the shower?

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #13188149 - 09/13/10 05:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mattm said:
On the subject as to whether or not psychedelics permanently awaken the spirit to the infinity of life, and if this awareness stays for eternity.

I don't know, but you're going to have to wait a really long time to find out.

InvisibleHut

Loc: homb
Re: So I ponder... [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #13188304 - 09/13/10 07:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I came down
every single time
but not a minute goes by
where I don't vividly remember
what I experienced
whether it was simulated
or authentic
forever changed

--------------------
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you. - Robert Anton Wilson

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
Re: So I ponder... [Re: Hut]
    #13188330 - 09/13/10 07:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

permanently
infinity
eternity
forever

The antonyms of these words mean just as much in this context, I think.

Incidentally, I just found that R.A.W. quote in your signature recently, and have been thinking about it a lot lately.  One of his books is on its way to me, I look forward to reading it.  His lectures I've heard on podcasts have been great. 

Ambien and wine, I must retire, I can't write properly.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#13188364 - 09/13/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There are no lessons.  You are a pleasure-seeking, getting high motherfucker, like everyone else on this forum.  Any lesson or integration on a trip is just you forcing some meaning onto nonsense, like reading your horoscope and saying, "Oh yes.  That fits just nice."  Once you figure that out, psychedelics lose some of their charm.  This is was the most psychedelic lesson of all.  It's called freedom from drug induced mysticism and mythology.  Try it, it's awesome.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinephx1
Stranger

#13188412 - 09/13/10 08:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Your pondering is pondered MattM and so is your ponder. The answer to your question is yes, no, and maybe so. The mind is the driver in these deep voyages, it is up for you on the up and on the down to integrate and become a more conscious and authentic being living in the true light of infinity - not shackled by self-limiting beliefs and always open to new experiences and possibilities.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I ponder... [Re: joemolloy]
    #13188421 - 09/13/10 08:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
There are no lessons.  You are a pleasure-seeking, getting high motherfucker, like everyone else on this forum.  Any lesson or integration on a trip is just you forcing some meaning onto nonsense, like reading your horoscope and saying, "Oh yes.  That fits just nice."  Once you figure that out, psychedelics lose some of their charm.  This is was the most psychedelic lesson of all.  It's called freedom from drug induced mysticism and mythology.  Try it, it's awesome.

"...if you don't think drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em.  'Cause you know what, those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years?  RRRRRRRRRRRRRREAL fucking high on drugs." - The Immortal Bill Hicks

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

OfflineiEATsingularities
ŠᴼᴸᶁîᴱɌ OӺ ƸƝǑƇН
Male

Loc: Orion Nebula Flag
Re: So I ponder... [Re: the spiral]
    #13188976 - 09/13/10 11:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ambien and wine, I must retire, I can't write properly

thats not healthy...

tiger...

--------------------
.GIVE :peace: A CHANCE.

InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

Re: So I ponder... [Re: iEATsingularities]
    #13189243 - 09/13/10 12:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just as some people don't learn their lesson from a jail sentence, some people don't learn their lesson from psychedelic trips. I know that I'll never forget the lessons of my first trip. In that way, something within me has been permanently awakened.

Offlinebluecurry
Dragons don't
Male User Gallery

Loc: half past purple, between... Flag
    #13189993 - 09/13/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

WHOA BUSTER! You're kind of ignoring the entirety of biological action that is inherent with any drug effect. I can make no claims to your personal opinions, however misguided they may be, but you cannot deny that psychedelics can unlock aspects of the mind not present in normal waking consciousness. These changes in perception aren't just psychological. It's not like a placebo where you take the 'drug' and will yourself into a certain way of thinking. It is not indoctrination (like religious/mythological thinking) either, unless you count culture as indoctrination.

Psychedelics can be invaluable tools for viewing the subconscious, and just because the meaning of the experiences was lost on you does not mean it will be lost on others.

OfflineiEATsingularities
ŠᴼᴸᶁîᴱɌ OӺ ƸƝǑƇН
Male

Re: So I ponder... [Re: bluecurry]
    #13191238 - 09/13/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Jeffrey Dahmer gave the girls in his cult large doses of LSD and convinced them he was jesus christ...that takes something more than a drug, like bluecurry said thats full blown indoctrination and brain washing. alcohol or any other hard drug wouldnt have had a similar effect except maybe psilocybin

food for thought... :ifyoucanawe:

--------------------

Offlinegushtunkinflupped
#########

#13192168 - 09/13/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

soooo there are no lessons...but this is, your saying, is their ultimate lesson?

ok you sound very certain, i believe you
:huxleyfacepalm:

Research. we wouldn't have the internet without psychedelics..or the mouse, or countless other devices and breakthroughs of all sorts in countless fields. wake up from your self-fulfilled bubble mate

--------------------

Offlinea2theDawG

Loc: 2 Da Brain
Re: So I ponder... [Re: gushtunkinflupped]
    #13192198 - 09/13/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

jibberish

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13192943 - 09/14/10 06:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iEATsingularities said:
Jeffrey Dahmer gave the girls in his cult large doses of LSD and convinced them he was jesus christ...that takes something more than a drug, like bluecurry said thats full blown indoctrination and brain washing. alcohol or any other hard drug wouldnt have had a similar effect except maybe psilocybin

food for thought... :ifyoucanawe:

I think you might be mixing up Jeffrey Dahmer with Charles Manson.

--------------------

OfflineiEATsingularities
ŠᴼᴸᶁîᴱɌ OӺ ƸƝǑƇН
Male

#13194447 - 09/14/10 01:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yep my bad...
i dont brush up on my serial killers much haha
thnx :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblespuzzchukka
trillodite!!!!
Male

Loc: Flag
    #13194895 - 09/14/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

jeff dahmer ate a bunch of gay cunts lol the only thing he gave to any1 was a cock-meat sandwich. i learnt stuff from shrooms, i would say they are very enlightening for your soul!!:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I ponder... [Re: spuzzchukka]
    #13195073 - 09/14/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

spuzzchukka said:
jeff dahmer ate a bunch of gay cunts lol the only thing he gave to any1 was a cock-meat sandwich. i learnt stuff from shrooms, i would say they are very enlightening for your soul!!:mushroom2:

yeah I would definitely say that calling young, innocent victims of murder and cannibalism "gay cunts" is a sign of a very enlightened soul.

--------------------

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
    #13195466 - 09/14/10 05:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I say I haven't felt the same since I tripped really hard..I came back with insight and a different view of the world..I can instantly see through the fakes and the ill purposed and see peoples true intentions..it's quite crazy.

OfflineiEATsingularities
ŠᴼᴸᶁîᴱɌ OӺ ƸƝǑƇН
Male

#13195703 - 09/14/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the spiral said:
Quote:

spuzzchukka said:

yeah I would definitely say that calling young, innocent victims of murder and cannibalism "gay cunts" is a sign of a very enlightened soul.

honestly.

Quote:

I say I haven't felt the same since I tripped really hard..I came back with insight and a different view of the world..I can instantly see through the fakes and the ill purposed and see peoples true intentions..it's quite crazy.

im like that too, its just a weird thing that happens to alot of people. ive had friends and family tell me my attitude and demeanor are alot different (not bad things : more patient, kind, honest, etc.). its extremely common to have a changed perspective of things and people after trips, thats kind of the point :wink: id say thats sufficient enough evidence to say it stimulates or enhances an area of the brain allowing you to channel that energy whatever way you want. whether or not you remember everything for a long time is - atleast for me - challenging. i can have profound thoughts and moments that i want to remember and reflect on later but i end up smoking a bunch and forgetting. but ill all ways remember a few very important basic aspects of what doing psychs is all about and the positive aspects will all ways reflect on my personality.

--------------------

OfflineIzangi
He who Invites
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a field in FL
    #13195882 - 09/14/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:werd:

--------------------
chris606 said:
some 1 told me to try long brown rice and water and vermiculite and pressure cook for 1 hour i did but nothing happen that is y was wonting to no if i need spores
RogerRabbit said:
Nothing gets more sterile than red hot.

All posts are intended for fictional or educational purposes only.

No statements in any post or message by myself should be taken as fact. Use of contained information or opinions may be in violation of local, provincial, and/or federal laws.

OfflineiEATsingularities
ŠᴼᴸᶁîᴱɌ OӺ ƸƝǑƇН
Male

Re: So I ponder... [Re: Izangi]
    #13195899 - 09/14/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:biggrin:
same with the majority of you guys and gals :peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom