Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: madcreator]
    #13186376 - 09/12/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

god those are nice baeos man!! i hope i find a few this year! its been over a decade since ive seen one in person!!

:thumbup: keep them pnw finds coming people!! :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemadcreator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13186933 - 09/12/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
god those are nice baeos man!! i hope i find a few this year! its been over a decade since ive seen one in person!!

Wow, ten years without seeing any? Is that ten years of active hunting? What latitude are you? I found these within Seattle city limits.

I was pretty shocked when I found them cause I've never been able to find Baeos or Stuntzii before. The spot is in a fairly high traffic area so I'll have to make sure not to give it away when I'm harvesting. After I found them I spent another 3 hours walking around the same neighborhood looking for similar conditions and couldn't find anything. It's so early that I doubt anybody else has been picking, so they must just be rare to find.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: madcreator]
    #13186999 - 09/12/10 09:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Congrats on the find man.:congrats: It begins!!!!!

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: NeoSporen]
    #13187031 - 09/12/10 09:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

P. Stuntzii 8-29-10

P. Stuntzii 9-7-10

P. Baeocystis 9-7-10

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

#13187094 - 09/12/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

madcreator said:
Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:

Wow, ten years without seeing any? Is that ten years of active hunting? What latitude are you? I found these within Seattle city limits.

I was pretty shocked when I found them cause I've never been able to find Baeos or Stuntzii before. The spot is in a fairly high traffic area so I'll have to make sure not to give it away when I'm harvesting. After I found them I spent another 3 hours walking around the same neighborhood looking for similar conditions and couldn't find anything. It's so early that I doubt anybody else has been picking, so they must just be rare to find.

ya man ive been hunting since the early 90's. ive only found them in my town once and that was in some wood chips in a graveyard. they use mostly cedar here so we dont get alot of those nice wood dwellers. but ive never found them in lawns . i live in a small town with little new development and newly laid lawns and well manicured settings,so that might mean something.if i was to hit up vancouver i'd probably have a better chance, but then there would be competition. :shrug:

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
Congrats on the find man.:congrats: It begins!!!!!

thanks dude! nice blue ringers and blue bells. its nice to see those baeos making a nice early apearance. whats the habitat like you guys get em in? i want to re find those bad boys again! this may be the year.

--------------------

Offlineaamon
your own personal jesus
Male

Loc: washington Flag
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #13187145 - 09/12/10 09:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i think i found some baeo's last year and mistook them for mutant libs, i thought i had a unusually strong trip off of those for being libs an not only that but they bruised really strong blue for libs as well. a nice mistake though i guess. i know what i will be looking for this year as well.

--------------------
Before you ask the answer is Yes, you have to say the whole thing and yes you have to say it every time, and yes that includes the "a pimp named" part.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#13187151 - 09/12/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have found them in healthy grass, alder/ maple wood chips, moss with grass, and in like a baseball field, but it was really swampy and wet. I just look in new housing developments in between the sidewalk and street, if there is a grass strip. if not, look in the same environment, but in the lawns of houses for sale. I've found that houses for sale don't get their lawns mowed too often, which makes for prime chances of finding some baeos.

--------------------

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#13187160 - 09/12/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

here is what the grass looks like where I find mine.

--------------------

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
    #13187296 - 09/12/10 10:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:congrats:  I love this thread.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

#13187350 - 09/12/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:

my god thats a stellar patch!! i may have to go for a drive tommorow!!

--------------------

OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
    #13187400 - 09/12/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
Quote:

bfogg8706 said:

my god thats a stellar patch!! i may have to go for a drive tommorow!!

Im so jealous at the fact of how much more mushrooms you guys got in the puget sound than we do in Ore..Is it that huge rain cloud going over or sprinklers or both?

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: OregonChronic]
    #13188500 - 09/13/10 08:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hey you got azzies there man, i dont here in BC.......... yet!! :wink:

it fuckin rained for almost 48 hours straight now! ya that rain cloud is HUGE!!
wish me luck today. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

Loc: Observable universe
    #13190097 - 09/13/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

greetings all, went out yesterday,expecting to only find some blue ringers with the hopes of a baeo or two as well. this was just after i was telling my buddy that although theres probably a few select cyanescens patches sprouting somewhere we should mainly look for baeos/ringers.

Well these were the first ones we found.

most of the pins were growing from "islands" of old myc from last year that had dried somewhat this summer, but otherwise survived well.

i could tell as soon as we got there the landscapers had been there recently, this half of a patch of pins looked like it survived the dreaded rake monster.

we werent too surprised with these finds considering this was basically the same patch that was fruiting on JUNE 20. They are definitely a wavy carmel capped woodlover, but, could they be something other than P. cyanescens, maybe cyan variant?

We also found a single baeo.

If it matters i finally found out how to load my phone pics onto the computer, these are the cyans(?) i found fruiting in june this year. We were in the middle of harvesting mycelium so dont mind the attached stem butts.

sorry for the shitty phone pics, we found some blue ringers too, hooray! all were found in snohomish county in the same general area in soil heavily enriched with wood debris.

oh yeah, Now that your cought up on whats currently growing, get your lazy asses out there look for some mushies

--------------------
Slayer of robot dinosaurs in a futuristic landscape

OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: Topcorn]
    #13190254 - 09/13/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I for sure wont be looking until i get some rain here in Ore..

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

OfflineHighOregonCouple
Oregons Own
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: OregonChronic]
    #13190364 - 09/13/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think those are cyans... But who knows?

--------------------
One Cross, Three Nails, Equal Forgiveness!!!

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: HighOregonCouple]
    #13190408 - 09/13/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HighOregonCouple said:
I don't think those are cyans... But who knows?

They look like cyans to me.

edit: not that last picture though.

:thumbup:  Nice!

Edited by shroom360 (09/14/10 02:57 AM)

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: shroom360]
    #13190790 - 09/13/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

nice finds topcorn!! so those first ones are cyans already!! thats awesome. and those from the spring are interesting, get prints? they may have been subaeruginascens/ovoid or i dont know? cool tho!

heres some BC hay field stuntzii from today. :grin:

and some more conocybe cyanopus from my original spot from this summer.:tongue: from the EXACT same clover patch! :lol: and a pair from down the way. not so much blueing today tho.

--------------------

Offline3rd Eye
Sound Alchemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #13190870 - 09/13/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nice stuntzii and great pics! I hope to go hunting soon once we get some consistent rainfall here in Seattle.

--------------------
As above, so below

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Re: THE 2010 PNW ACTIVE MUSHROOM THREAD ( tripple header day!!) [Re: 3rd Eye]
    #13190921 - 09/13/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks man. the numbers arnt big right now. it should be really hopping in 2 weeks. these stuntziis were found in a field i checked hard just last week. so things can change fast.

--------------------

Invisiblenorthgahunt
Genesis 1:30, 9:3

#13191189 - 09/13/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great finds everyone...I want to come out there to hunt!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix