Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemushroomj
Nub Sauce
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: FlagPharmer]
    #15378874 - 11/16/11 01:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I stole this from a site a couple of months ago, but it is crazy good and makes it own gravy :shocked: Enjoy!!

Lion's Mane Mushroom Recipe

Here's a simple lion's mane mushroom recipe that's delicious on pasta or crackers. The butter and cream are a little heavy, but you can substitute olive oil and milk for a lighter mushroom recipe.

This cooks down to gravy, although you can omit all the liquids if you like and still have a delicious topping for pasta, tofu, or other dish.

Ingredients:

•1/2 lb lion's mane mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
•3 tablespoons butter
•2 cups light cream
•1/2 yellow onion, chopped
•2 cloves garlic, chopped
•3 tablespoons flour
Melt one tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they seem to have given off most of their liquid.

Throw in the onions and garlic and cook until the onions have softened and the mushrooms are brown.

Add the flour and the remainder of the butter. Cook several more minutes, stirring frequently to mix the melting butter with everything else.

Slowly pour in the cream. Turn down the heat and allow the mixture to simmer until it has reached your desired consistency.

Serve on top of pasta, rice, or crackers. Delicious!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: mushroomj]
    #15390543 - 11/18/11 09:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Chanterelle Burgers

Ingredients
  • Ground Beef
  • Fresh Chanterelles
  • Butter (or olive oil)
  • Garlic (and/or shallots)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Herbs & Spices
  • Worcestershire Sauce

Chop Chanterelles and dry saute them until most of the water is evaporated.
Add diced garlic and some butter or olive oil and continue to saute for a few more minutes. Set this aside and let it cool down
Take ground beef and work in some salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and other spices. I like to use some paprika, tumeric, and italian seasonings.
Then work in the sauteed Chanterelles, mixing it with the ground beef really well.
Form balls or pattys and make either meatballs or hamburgers.
The pattys will fall apart if you don't mix the meat up into the right consistency. The right ratio of chanterelles to ground beef varies so find what works.
The flavor of these burgers is out of this world delicious.
It's a really simple "bar food" style recipe but don't underestimate how insanely good these things taste. Gourmet.

ps. use good beef for elite results.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Recipe Thread. Mushroom 'tea' [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15439244 - 11/29/11 09:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Post your recipes here.  Any recipe with mushrooms in it qualifies.  They don't even have to be the main ingredient.

One of my projects for this winter is to make a few mushroom cooking videos and have them free on my website.  Lots of people have no idea how to go about cooking mushrooms.  At any rate, post your favorite recipes here, and if I use any of them on my website, I'll give credit to whomever credit is due.
RR

Grind x amount of whatever species you prefer and add to ~500ml of boiling water in a small pan, reduce heat to simmer/pasteurising temps for 5 minutes or so, add pepper/salt garlic /herbs to taste with a little Marmite/Bovrill and a thickening agent, either gravy granules or agar...enjoy.

RR. Have you released these mushroom cooking videos yet?

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

OfflineNonBobAnon
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recipe Thread. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15525771 - 12/16/11 01:28 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Mushroom cream sauce

Ingredients:

1 T olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms (this was excellent with L rubrilacteus, and I used a lot more than a cup)
2 t minced garlic (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup dry vermouth (or dry sherry or dry white wine)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 t fresh thyme
1/2 t fresh sage
1 cup cream (or replace with 1/2 c half-and-half, and a 1/2 c creme fraiche or sour creme)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, then add the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about another minute. Add the vermouth (or sherry or wine), simmer and reduce for a few minutes. Then add the chicken broth, and simmer about 5 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Add the cream, thyme, and sage and reduce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over pasta. Excellent with steak or pork chops.

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recipe Thread. [Re: NonBobAnon]
    #15527068 - 12/16/11 06:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

From a link related to the cultivation of Lentinus polychrous Lev that
member Sparkle posted recently.

I give you: Mok Hed
======================================================
The easiest and tastiest recipe is Mok Hed or "Mushrooms Roasted in Banana Leaf."
Ingredients: Mushrooms, beaten egg, lightly mashed green chilis, hoary basil or Thai basil (add fish or chicken if preferred).
Mix all ingredients together, flavor with salt or fish sauce.
Wrap in banana leaf and roast (or bake in clay oven).
======================================================

I cannot just run to the grocery store for most of this, but it does
sound veeery tasty.

You can see it here:
http://anonbiotec.gratis-foros.com/t534-topic#1487

Take care,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

InvisibleTrametes
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread. [Re: Javadog]
    #15614121 - 01/04/12 09:58 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Mushroom Soup with Bacon

Ingredients

5 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch lengths
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
    Kosher salt
    1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped
    1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, stems removed and sliced (recommended: shiitake, cremini, or oyster)
    2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, diced
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup dry sherry
    4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish

Directions

Add the bacon and butter to a wide, large pot and bring it to a medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring frequently until it gets crispy and has released a lot of fat. Reserve the bacon and set aside.

To the bacon fat, add the diced onions and another pat of butter, if needed. Season the onions with salt and cook until they are soft and very aromatic, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and cook until they are soft and have released their juices, about 6 to 7 minutes. Scoop 1/3 of the mushroom mixture into a bowl and reserve.

To the pot, add the diced potato and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. Add the sherry and cook until it has reduced by 1/2. Add the stock and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Taste the stock and season with salt, if needed. Simmer the soup for 30 minutes. Add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes more.

Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and add the reserved bacon and mushrooms. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning, if needed.

Garnish the soup with the chopped fresh parsley.

Offlinechristopherbear
Forest Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia Flag
Re: Recipe Thread. [Re: Trametes]
    #15657121 - 01/12/12 09:43 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I eyeball my ingredients and let my tasting tell me what to do.  This is my Italian breakfast that I love to make.  I change the ingredients based on what I have but I have no set measurements.  Here are the ingredients I never change.  It tastes best with fresh herbs.

Chris's Italian Breakfast

1 box of your favorite pasta, I chose larger noodles like spaghetti or fettuccine
1/2 cup olive oil
1 garlic cloves or teaspoon of garlic powder
2 pinches of your favorite Italian herbs (fresh oregano is divine)
6 eggs
2 tbsp sweet cream butter
salt and pepper to taste
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups or more of any mushrooms (I used oyster recently)

Boil your pasta til soft and drain.  In saucepan melt the butter mixing the garlic and seasoning evenly.  Place in thinly sliced mushroom and gently brown.  Add the noodles and oil and bring the temperature up to medium.  Crack the eggs into the pan, toss the pasta to ensure that the egg coats the noodles.  You should end up with a cottage cheese look on your pasta.  After the egg is cooked serve immediately onto a plate and add grated cheese to the top.  I garnish with olives and a piece of parsley or shaved basil.  Next time I make it I will add a picture to this.  :wink:

InvisibleAleon
The Power of Our Origins
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: Recipe Thread. [Re: christopherbear]
    #15692088 - 01/20/12 12:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Got my favorite breakfast/brunch recipe, for when i need max NRG through the day.  Hope Y'all enjoy!

Egg Sandwich with Mushrooms

Makes 4 sandwiches

Ingredients:

- 4 Chicken or Duck Eggs
- 4 Slices of homemade or Ezekiel bread
- +/- 1lb of Mushrooms; King Oyster, Oyster, Lions Mane, & Shiitake Mixed together is what i normally do, but you can really use any type of mushroom
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Slices of cheese (any kind)
- Mixed greens and onions (optional)

Prep and cook the mushrooms.  Start toasting bread, at the same time cook the eggs on a pan with oil or butter; eggs are cooked over-easy (i poke the yolk to cook it, as uncooked eggs scare the sh** out of me; this style is actually called "over-hard"), but they can be scrambled or really cooked with any style.  Once the bread is done toasting coat each piece with 1/4 of a mashed avocado.  When the mushrooms are ready set them on top of the avocado.  Then put the cooked eggs on top of that. Then if desired put mixed greens and raw onions on top of the eggs.  Then put the cheese slice on top of that.  At the table i normally top with freshly ground Himalayan seas salt + mixed peppercorns and ground kelp/dulce/alaria/etc.  Eat with your hands. YUM!

--------------------
Mushroom medicines available at:
www.swordandshieldwellness.com

OfflineOICU812
NC Tree Farm owner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foothills of NC Flag
Breaded Chicken Sacaoppine with mushroom sauce [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15698569 - 01/21/12 07:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Breaded Chicken Sacaoppine with mushroom sauce

3/4 Lb. Chicken breast, boneless
1-3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 egg
3 slices fresh bread
2 T. Freshly grated parmesan cheese
3 T. Olive oil
2 T. unsalted butter
1/4 C. chopped onion
2-1/2 C. Sliced Shiitake mushrooms
1 T. Fresh minced garlic
1/2 C. white wine

In a blender or food processor, chop fresh bread and parmesan cheese together  until you gave course crumbs.  Slice the chicken breast across the grain about 1" thick and pound to 1/4" thick medallions. 

Beat the egg thoroughly in a shallow bowl.  Put the bread crumbs and cheese in another shallow bowl.  Sprinkle the chicken with salt & pepper and dredge in the egg, then coat with the bread crumb mixture on each side.

(Meat can be pounded and breaded 5 -6 hours abead and put, covered, in the refrigerator.)

At cooking time, Heat the oven to 180°F.  Cook chicken medallions in hot skillet about 1-1/2 minutes per side until nicely browned.  Put cooked chicken medallions on a plate in the oven to keep warm. 

Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and onion to the skillet and sauté for one minute.  Add the sliced mushrooms.  and 1/2 teaspoonof salt  and 1/2 cup of white wine and sauté for 2-3 minutes more until the mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is almost evaporated.  Melt the other tablespoon of butter into the sauce.  Spoon the sauce over the chicken medallions and serve.

--------------------
--------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

"Those who give up liberty for security won't have, or deserve, either.". . . Benjamin Franklin
----> Read: The Fight of our Lives - Defeating the Ideological War Against the West - by Victor Davis Hanson

Offlinenewgui
मशरूम की दोस्त
 User Gallery

Re: Breaded Chicken Sacaoppine with mushroom sauce [Re: OICU812]
    #15713343 - 01/24/12 09:53 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Here's an extremely simple vegan recipe that I will use quite often as a snack/meal that would take a small amount of time.

Newgui's Vegan Indian appetizer

-Take your favorite mushroom to use (for this recipe, maybe some tasty chanterelles...) and fry them up a bit in vegetable or chickpea oil
-next, bread them....this sounds fucking delish to me.
-you could do this for a bunch of other vegetables at this stage, give yourself a little more variety. Good to do with cauliflower, green chilies
-find yourself a delicious chutney or sauce. I find that tamarind would be AWESOME for this because of how delicately sweet and savory it is.
-ENJOY!

--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/

:vegan:

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: newgui]
    #15778119 - 02/08/12 10:26 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Mushroom ragout

Mushroom stock
1# Mushroom steam, roasted
1 C. White onion, chopped
1 C. Carrot, chopped
1 C. Celery, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, smashed
5 peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 qt. cold water

Put all ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for 2 hours. Strain and reserve.

Mushroom Ragout
1 # Chopped mushroom(a mix is preferred)
1/4 C. Minced shallot
4 Strips of chopped bacon
1 clove of garlic
1 qt. Mushroom stock
2 C. Heavy cream
1/2 C. White wine( Madeira or Marsala works better but not usually on hand)
1/4 C. chopped fresh herbs(parsley, tarragon, chives-just parsley works though)

In a sauce pan brown the bacon on medium heat to render out the fat. Scoop out the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve. Add the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and saute until aromatic.
Add the bacon back in and then the wine. Reduce the wine by half then add the mushroom stock and cream. Reduce this down by about 2/3 to 3/4 its original volume until thick and creamy. Finish with salt and pepper and the fresh herbs.

At work we usually serve this with a steak, or lamb, stuff it into potatoes, or just as a side dish. So good and has a very rich mushroom flavor to showcase all the hard work we put into growing.

Enjoy!
Chefin
(p.s. I've probably god a hundred recipes using mushrooms if interested)

--------------------
Check out my youtube videos. the Mushrooms Naturally series by chefinainteasy

My new business is now on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MushroomsNaturally?ref=hl

MY Garden:grin:

InvisibleAleon
The Power of Our Origins
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #15779457 - 02/08/12 04:41 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

chefinainteasy said:
Mushroom ragout

Mushroom stock
1# Mushroom steam, roasted
1 C. White onion, chopped
1 C. Carrot, chopped
1 C. Celery, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, smashed
5 peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 qt. cold water

Put all ingredients in a stock pot and simmer for 2 hours. Strain and reserve.

Mushroom Ragout
1 # Chopped mushroom(a mix is preferred)
1/4 C. Minced shallot
4 Strips of chopped bacon
1 clove of garlic
1 qt. Mushroom stock
2 C. Heavy cream
1/2 C. White wine( Madeira or Marsala works better but not usually on hand)
1/4 C. chopped fresh herbs(parsley, tarragon, chives-just parsley works though)

In a sauce pan brown the bacon on medium heat to render out the fat. Scoop out the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve. Add the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and saute until aromatic.
Add the bacon back in and then the wine. Reduce the wine by half then add the mushroom stock and cream. Reduce this down by about 2/3 to 3/4 its original volume until thick and creamy. Finish with salt and pepper and the fresh herbs.

At work we usually serve this with a steak, or lamb, stuff it into potatoes, or just as a side dish. So good and has a very rich mushroom flavor to showcase all the hard work we put into growing.

Enjoy!
Chefin
(p.s. I've probably god a hundred recipes using mushrooms if interested)

Nice ones, loving the stock recipe.  I always give out a similar recipe to people who want to know what to do with the stems, that or I tell them to make a tea.

--------------------
Mushroom medicines available at:
www.swordandshieldwellness.com

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Aleon]
    #15800074 - 02/12/12 11:06 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

I did a vegan dish the other day with them as the "meat" feature. It was espresso,chili and cinnamon rubbed oyster mushroom over a chipotle chickpea puree, saute green beans with sofrito, and a toasted almond chimicherri foam. I could eat those kings all night!

--------------------

My new business is now on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MushroomsNaturally?ref=hl

Offlinenewgui
मशरूम की दोस्त
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #15800304 - 02/12/12 11:51 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

oh my GAWD that sounds good...

--------------------
http://picnic1.bandcamp.com/

:vegan:

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Lions Mane Ragoon's [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15802308 - 02/13/12 12:23 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

Ingredients

12 ounces chopped lions mane mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
48 wonton wrappers

Directions

Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine garlic, cream cheese, crab, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce in a bowl.
To prevent wonton skins from drying, prepare only 1 or 2 rangoon at a time.
Place 1 teaspoon of filling onto the center of each wonton skin.
Moisten the edges with water and fold the wonton skin diagonally to form a triangle, pressing edges to seal.
Moisten one of the bottom corners.
Create a crown by pulling both bottom corners together and sealing.
Arrange the rangoon on the baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.

*** note ***
ragoons may also be pan fried  or deep fried

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Lions Mane Ragoon's [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #15810422 - 02/14/12 10:44 PM (9 years, 24 days ago)

Filet with asparagus, truffle Parmesan potatoes, and mushroom ragout.
Recipe is above. Happy VD wify

--------------------

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Shitaki Mushrooms that taste like BACON! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #15822640 - 02/17/12 11:29 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

MUSHROOMS THAT TASTE JUST LIKE BACON!

VERY simple:
Mix large bowl of shitaki mushrooms with a little olive oil (just enough to coat them, don't drown them.
Add a few punches of some salt
Bake @ 350 degrees F. For 1 hour.
Mix, flip, rotate mushrooms every 10 minutes.

Hour cooking will remove most of the water and make them crunchy like Bacon. Great for salads or other garnish. What DOESN'T taste good with a little bacon?!

Edited by po0dingles (02/17/12 11:57 AM)

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Shitake Mushrooms that taste like BACON! [Re: po0dingles]
    #15827121 - 02/18/12 11:43 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

MMMMMmmmmmmm.......love shitake bacon. When we do it at work we usually just use pan spray after laying the shitake on a baking sheet so they just get a really light coating, then the salt. Well we use smoked sea salt for that really smoky bacon flavor. Its like popcorn and bacon had a love child!

--------------------

InvisibleRigVedaLXVII.Soma
Bacteri/Phyc/Bry/Myc/ology
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: Shitake Mushrooms that taste like BACON! [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #15914077 - 03/07/12 03:42 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

I need a quick suggestion please.

I just bought a bag of dried Michigan Picked Chanterelles.

Any suggestions on Making a quick and simple, yet delicious meal?

Preferably something simple, as I live alone, and have a very poor selection of food right now.
It's kinda like the movie "friday" "You got some Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly." 
My cupboard is pretty randomly stocked. 

So any quick recipes that will bring out the flavor of the Chanterelles yet, not require a lot of food?

Maybe even a list of foods that go well with them?

Thanks a bunch guys.
Peace and Love.
:peace::aum:

--------------------
"While clinging to the moronic belief that they constitute a "counterculture," they share our society's overriding urge for expediency. They make no attempt to learn about the organisms they eat and it always struck me as ironic that people with such a low level of consciousness should be seeking "higher consciousness." -David Arora

"Man is placed in the middle between two infinities - the infinitely great and the infinitely little - both of which are equally incomprehensible to him." -Pascal

MyPostImage Gallery  Trade List
Spores I Am Looking For  Seeds I am Looking For
:peace: Solanaceae, Amanitaceae :peace:

Offlinefalcon
In the green

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shitake Mushrooms that taste like BACON! [Re: RigVedaLXVII.Soma]
    #15914887 - 03/07/12 06:49 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Dried chanterelles are going to be a bit chewy.

You can chop them fine and add them to soup. Or add them to rice before you cook it to add some flavor to the rice and some chewy bits for contrast.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Agar, Delicious Bacon

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms