Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #13169636 - 09/09/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #10 said:
Yeah I went to a gig last night with 3 people I've known for years, I realised I pretty much hate all of them. Nothing happened I just think they, like most humanity, are pointless. I was hoping the car would crash the whole way home, willing nukes to drop on London etc.

But then I went to the mosque this morning and everything is super! The island-size ball of plastic in the Pacific disappered, pollution stopped pouring into every water system on the planet, people stoppped making worthless junk from petro chemicals, they stoppped driving their cars when they could walk or ride a bike, TV stopped being full of nothing but banal crap, wars stopped and everything else was just peachy!!!

you assume that the path to enlightenment prevents a time when the good and the bad are experienced while the world learns

would you have a comfy home and a low rate of infant mortality without the high level of science there is?

that science can not exist without large amounts of energy being extracted, the path to better things is full of mistakes and dead ends

you cant go from mining deep underground with nothing but pickaxes, shovels, sacks, wheelbarrows and burning wood and hammering and chiseling tools to perfection

to high precision surgery, electronics, and various automations

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #8

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #13169695 - 09/09/10 10:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what the hell are you talking about holmes? Science and technology?

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #13169711 - 09/09/10 10:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
what the hell are you talking about holmes? Science and technology?

responding to the satire thinking that religion cant be taken seriously because humanity is not perfect

Anonymous #11

#13169760 - 09/09/10 10:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why everyone so anti religon????
I do NOT claim a faith, however, the ideas of loving your fellow man ring true in nearly all faiths in the world, even Satanic beliefs.
In addition, the exposure to a group of fellowshiping humans could be benneficial to an individual suffering social axiety, not perscribing.  Playing devils advocate.
OP
I totally identify with you, I have about 5 people I communicate with regular on a face to face basis, my two wives, my son, my adopted son, and my father.
Try to slowly emmerse yourself into socialization, it is working for me.

Anonymous #8

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #13170295 - 09/09/10 12:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, most faiths preach some form of the golden rule, going back way way before Jesus.  That doesn't mean religion gets some kind of monopoly on empathy, its a basic human trait that most people have. 

Why can't we just love our fellow man and appreciate the beauty around us without subscribing to some bullshit ancient dogma?  Is that really so difficult?

And I agree that meeting with groups of likeminded people would be great for social anxiety, I just don't see why that has to be church.  Wouldn't it be even more therapeutic to meet with people with similar actual interests and hobbies and not just random people who drank the jesus kool aid along with you?

Anonymous #12

#13170568 - 09/09/10 01:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i have the same problems op. not exactly like yours. but close. when i dropped out of school,i started hanging out with losers and lost contact with my friends from before. then i pissed off the group of losers by being better than them. so i had no friends. i went through my fone the other night to try to set up a little gathering, and i realized i had two friends. anyone else i party with are tag alongs with my friends. and im scared shitless of people. they seem so alien to me. i cant have a conversation with the average person. i can barely talk to my own family. its fuckin sad. it makes me think that theres somethin really wacked out about me. if it was just strangers, i wouldnt be concerned, but my own mom, brothers and grandpa i have a hard time holding a meaningful conversation with. its easy to see the social plays people make and its annoying/disgusting. sorry to rant, i pretty much just wanted to say that i get ya. i just dont know what to do for you. have a couple beers b4 social hour. that helps me sometimes.

Anonymous #2

#13172010 - 09/09/10 07:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Yes, most faiths preach some form of the golden rule, going back way way before Jesus.  That doesn't mean religion gets some kind of monopoly on empathy, its a basic human trait that most people have. 

Why can't we just love our fellow man and appreciate the beauty around us without subscribing to some bullshit ancient dogma?  Is that really so difficult?

And I agree that meeting with groups of likeminded people would be great for social anxiety, I just don't see why that has to be church.  Wouldn't it be even more therapeutic to meet with people with similar actual interests and hobbies and not just random people who drank the jesus kool aid along with you?

people dont become religious leaders by being bad at helping people, with this kind of hate in the heart how could anyone recover from loneliness

Anonymous #13

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #13172628 - 09/09/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm think the same way as you OP but it seems to come in waves for me. I have a couple friends left but
really i could care less if they weren't my friends anymore i almost want it to happen just so im utterly alone.
I push my family away so i dont have to talk to them and now i harldy ever see them and they live about 10minutes away.

For some reason i just want to isolate myself from the world and not bother interacting with anybody. So
I go about this way of thinking then the wave ends and i realize now im all alone with harldy any friends and
a family i rarely talk to and it makes me sad but i did it all to myself so really i shouldnt be sad
cause this is what i wanted...right.

Well thats the way i think at times and maybe you have a similar thought pattern that happens cause it
sounds like you pushed everyone away cause you wanted to be alone and are now realizing maybe it wasn't for the best.

You must like talking to people deep down cause your own a forum which is just full of people talking about random shit.
I also know what you mean about been 'normal' around people, its like everyone seems to be acting a certain way
but you dont act like that so you just feel like an outcast and say they're all fucking idiots for acting that
way so it makes you feel better about the way you act or the way you dont act.

Anonymous #1

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13173153 - 09/09/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I feel a little better knowing there are people who feel some  what of what I do. I'm not crying out for help or anything, I just wanted to reassure myself that Im  not completely doomed. Right now I am trying to get back into school, so I guess I will keep my mind on that, have it be my main focus. I can act like I like people, but like many of you said, you spot the pointless nonsense of how people act. Deep inside your mind your thinking of getting away from everyone, or just flat out telling them to shut their fucking mouth and walking away. I wanted to post on this forum due to the fact that people are faceless on here. and about the only people I can stand to talk to right now. I did talk to a person a while back who was seeing a psychiatrist, he explained to me that people can develop serious psychological disorders from social isolation, and trust me Im now seeing how this is true.

Who knows, maybe one day Ill meet the right person who can tell me to snap the fuck out of it and help me deal with the nonsense world. I know deep down that not everybody is bad, but I feel ... I dont know. Distant, like if I put my trust into other humans it will be my downfall.

As for the religious guy, I may be conflicted but Im not a fool. Muslims and Allah worshipers are parasites. Our god tells us to save you, and your god tells you to kill us.

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13173263 - 09/09/10 11:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I feel a little better knowing there are people who feel some  what of what I do. I'm not crying out for help or anything, I just wanted to reassure myself that Im  not completely doomed. Right now I am trying to get back into school, so I guess I will keep my mind on that, have it be my main focus. I can act like I like people, but like many of you said, you spot the pointless nonsense of how people act. Deep inside your mind your thinking of getting away from everyone, or just flat out telling them to shut their fucking mouth and walking away. I wanted to post on this forum due to the fact that people are faceless on here. and about the only people I can stand to talk to right now. I did talk to a person a while back who was seeing a psychiatrist, he explained to me that people can develop serious psychological disorders from social isolation, and trust me Im now seeing how this is true.

Who knows, maybe one day Ill meet the right person who can tell me to snap the fuck out of it and help me deal with the nonsense world. I know deep down that not everybody is bad, but I feel ... I dont know. Distant, like if I put my trust into other humans it will be my downfall.

As for the religious guy, I may be conflicted but Im not a fool. Muslims and Allah worshipers are parasites. Our god tells us to save you, and your god tells you to kill us.

if everyone keeps quiet about their true thoughts, then how do you know that the majority out there isnt exactly like you, but also choose not to speak up because it seems like nobody else is like them?

its too bad you are afraid of talking to a religious leader, it doesnt matter if you go to an imam or a priest, or a philosopher policeman, there are people that have experience in helping you deal with life and not all of them are the way you imagine a psychiatrist would be where they basically just make you talk about yourself and then attempt to "treat" you

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #13178677 - 09/11/10 04:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #13 said:

You must like talking to people deep down cause your own a forum which is just full of people talking about random shit.
I also know what you mean about been 'normal' around people, its like everyone seems to be acting a certain way
but you dont act like that so you just feel like an outcast and say they're all fucking idiots for acting that
way so it makes you feel better about the way you act or the way you dont act.

Most people on earth can be described by this.
What is random to one may not be random to another.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder