Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNewGlory
Dr. Destructo

Loc: Previously ShroomSkin, 11...
The US Govt has gone insane
    #1313588 - 02/17/03 07:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Its been a while, but I just got this essay in my e-mail and it made me realize what is going on. I'm a patriotic American. I love this country, and it fucking sickens me to see our government literally going INSANE. Anyways, if you live in the US and love this country in the slightest bit, let ourselves be heard. Fuck the media, write to congressman, but let them know that the majority of the US citizens do NOT want to be subjected to this draconian bullshit. Anyways, I'll stop ranting, heres the essay.

The Last Roundup

by Edgar Steele

Loaded: 2/16/2003

February 10, 2003

First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

-- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

A little over a year ago, when the alarm bells first went off in my head about the current federal administration, I started joking that I longed for the day when I was merely embarrassed by a President who couldn't keep his pants zipped. I honestly didn't believe that Bush, Ashcroft, Cheney, Rumsfeld and company were evil or that ultimately they would do anything to endanger us - from either within or without the country. I thought they were pretty much just overzealous boy scouts.

And I'm pretty much a dyed-in-the-wool "conspiracy theorist," too. I believe all manner of things, some of which I won't mention outside my home, not even to this list.

I'm not sure whether it was Churchill or Roosevelt who said of national politics: Nothing is as it seems. I do believe it was Roosevelt, however, in a moment of weakness, who said that all national and international incidents and outcomes are scripted.

I was naive. I am no longer joking about Clinton, either.

Ashcroft is evil incarnate. So are Cheney, Rumsfield and the rest of them. I'm still inclined to give Bush a pass, but only because I think he lacks the mental capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct. In the legal field, we call it the insanity defense. Even so, I'm one of those rare lawyers who thinks the insanity defense should only moderate the penalty, not the conviction, so Bush the Second goes on the docket with the rest of them, in my book.

I saw Bill Clinton talking on TV last night and was amazed to find myself feeling somewhat kindly toward him. You just don't know what you have until you lose it, as they say. Yes, Clinton was a disgrace. Yes, Clinton was a crook. But I didn't feel my family to be threatened by him, either directly or indirectly, as a result of his foreign policy, as I do with Bush and company.

I didn't vote for either Bush or Gore this last election. Previously, I would have felt fine pulling the lever for Bush, like so many others, feeling that I had selected the lesser of two evils. The problem with doing that, of course, is that one still chooses evil. Think about that for a moment. I suspect that most of the people reading this right now did that very thing after closing the curtain on the voting booth. We have only ourselves to blame for what is now unfolding. Possibly the U.S. Supreme Court, too, given what they pulled regarding the Florida vote.

We all know of the danger that America faces today as a result of the buildup of forces in and around Iraq. We all know of Bush's failure to articulate a single defensible rationale for attacking Iraq, too. Incredibly, many Americans seem to think that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9-11.

What so many seem to be ignoring is the danger presented by our cavalier dealings with North Korea.

We are literally on the verge of World War III, folks. It just takes a spark from one of the many powderkegs that Bush and company have emplaced around the world. The big difference from the last two major wars is that this time we are going to start it. You have heard them talking about preemptive strikes - on both Iraq and North Korea. You have heard them talk about even using nukes in those preemptive strikes, haven't you? Probably doesn't matter, because we are rapidly eliminating any options for Iraq and North Korea, so that they will feel compelled to attack, just as we literally forced Japan to attack us at Pearl Harbor. And that completely ignores Al Quaeda and Osama bin Laden (Osama who?).

Even in Britain and Australia, now, the two countries that have been our most ardent supporters concerning Iraq, there is arising a huge cry against America's warmongering. You would be able to hear it from the streets of America, too, if the media were not so tightly controlled. We are walking this path alone. Well, not counting Israel, of course, for whom all this began, in the first place.

We literally have become the most hated nation on the planet and that is why, when the fireworks begin, a goodly amount of them will go off in American cities. Bush and company are well aware of this. Obviously, they consider America's impending casualties to be "acceptable losses." Think of your children in that category - Bush and Ashcroft do.

The inevitable disruption in America to be caused by those strikes will lead to massive civil chaos and unrest. Thus, the need for Homeland Security and the ill-named Patriot Act. Those weren't implemented to protect us, you see, they were designed to control us when the time comes. Thus, the emphasis on domestic "terrorists." Seeing one's family butchered will make a terrorist of anybody - just ask the Palestinians.

It isn't being reported in the media, but there is a roundup taking place of those deemed most likely to lead insurrections against the American government in a time of civil disturbance. The most visible arrest lately has been that of Matt Hale, head of the World Church of the Creator, taken down on what appear to be manufactured charges of soliciting the murder of a judge sitting on a copyright case in which his organization has been involved (and which, incredibly enough, resulted in a judicial order that the church's bibles be destroyed).

Hardly anybody agrees with or approves of Hale. Most dismiss his church as being no church at all, but merely an excuse to vent racial hatred. That is not the point. Hale vehemently disagrees with the policies of the American government and that is the point. Hale is being held in solitary confinement, with virtually nobody allowed to see him and all letters to him being returned, a la the Patriot Act. They are treating him as a domestic terrorist.

Picked up just last week: Ernst Zundel, Canadian expatriate who has been living in Tennessee. Zundel was central to a notable hate speech trial in Canada, which he lost when the court ruled that he illegally was a "Holocaust denier," because he took issue, in writing, with many of the claims made by jews concerning the Holocaust. It didn't matter that he proved his points to be correct. What mattered was that he disagreed with the Canadian government. What matters now is that he disagrees with the American government regarding many things, though he really watches his step. His misstep? He missed a visa hearing of which he swears he never received notice.

A lady named Christine Greenwood was recently arrested in Southern California. Greenwood ran something called the Aryan Baby Drive, which collected children's clothing for distribution for free, solely to needy white people. Government agents found a couple of things that probably are in your garage right now, things they said could be used in the manufacture of a bomb. What were they doing in her garage in the first place? Greenwood has been openly critical of the government.

David Duke just worked out a plea bargain whereby he does some hard time, allegedly for embezzling contributions. The facts literally do not hold water in his case, but he doesn't dare go before a jury on any charge, because a conviction is as certain as death and taxes.

Testimony was taken last week in Spokane from a woman who claimed she received $2,000 from a North Carolina attorney named Kirk Lyons, in exchange for a box of secret documents, part of a cache of such documents that she and her ex-military paramour had amassed. Lyons is waiting for them to come for him. Lyons is the head of the Southern Legal Resource Center, a public-interest law firm that handles many of the Confederate flag cases that you hear about. Lyons has been openly critical of the government. No, of course he didn't do it. It's a setup.

A number of lesser lights have been taken into custody recently.

Rumors abound of investigations into others who are alleged to be racists and/or antigovernment. Erich Gliebe, new head of the National Alliance, has heard them concerning himself and his organization. The National Alliance has been characterized by Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center as being the most dangerous antigovernment organization in America today.

Dees was instrumental in taking down Richard Butler and the Aryan Nations two years ago, and Tom Metzger before that, and a significant chapter of the Ku Klux Klan before that. Rumor is, had Clinton jettisoned Janet Reno after the Waco disaster, then Dees would have taken her place as U.S. Attorney General.

Used to be, the establishment took down one of these high-profile politically-incorrect types every two years or so. Suddenly, all the stops have been pulled out and they are being arrested and locked away faster than I can keep track. Do you believe in coincidence? I don't.

Given the current temperament of political correctness, none of these people dare appear before a jury. Already tried and convicted in the media before jury selection, they simply don't stand a chance of not doing serious time on trumped-up charges. No, I am not kidding. I have too many clients who already have met the same fate, with whom I can prove that tragic assertion.

Aside from shutting these people up and, in some cases, destroying their organizations altogether, the government is getting them off the streets before things blow up. These are the people that logically could be expected to be leading protests when the time comes, you see.

As if that weren't enough, last week the Justice Department took the wraps off Patriot Act II, a significant extension to the already-draconian provisions of the Patriot Act passed last year. I have yet to do a comprehensive analysis of this lengthy document, but what I have seen so far is very troubling, indeed.

Patriot I allows the designation of an American citizen as a domestic terrorist, a governmental designation not subject to review by any court or, for that matter, anybody. After that, the person can be held indefinitely, without trial or, even, being charged. No, I am not kidding. You haven't been paying attention if you didn't already know that.

Now, here comes Patriot II, which allows that "domestic terrorist" to be stripped of his American citizenship and deported to another country for "further processing" (can you say "summary execution" or "torture," boys and girls?).

I suppose there will come a time when I will need to shut down this modest effort at providing a look behind the curtain. It may even come to my being arrested on some phony charge, though I suspect they will work through a number of other people before they get to me. For now, though, I speak up for the politically incorrect among us who are being led away.

How long before they get to you, do you suppose? Of course, you do realize, don't you, that neither I nor anybody else of a mind to do so will be left to speak on your behalf when that time comes?

The time has come for every single American to speak out in protest. Trust me, this is our last chance. The American government has become truly insane and must be stopped. It is our job to do it. Call congresspeople. Tell your friends and coworkers. Flood the media with letters. March. Speak up in public meetings.

New America. An idea whose time has come.

EDGAR STEELE

--------------------
---
I ain't gonna worry wrinkles in my brow
cuz nothin's ever gonna be alright no how
No matter how I struggle and strive
I'll never get outta this world alive -HW Sr.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: NewGlory]
    #1313777 - 02/17/03 09:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

While there are of course some good points and thoughts there, it becomes harder to take seriously anyone who says something as stupid as.....
"Possibly the U.S. Supreme Court, too, given what they pulled regarding the Florida vote."

Since when is upholding the laws as written considered "what they pulled"? No matter how many times Bush haters say that, it's just not true.

And what's just as sad, if Gore had won the same way, I doubt many lefties would say a word.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1313792 - 02/17/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

just as we literally forced Japan to attack us at Pearl Harbor.

what the hell???

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1313801 - 02/17/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And what's just as sad, if Gore had won the same way, I doubt many lefties would say a word.

True, but you can't tell me Republicans wouldn't be putting up a fuss about it.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: silversoul7]
    #1313815 - 02/17/03 09:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Actually I disagree. I think Republicans have a better grasp of the Constitution and Bill Of Rights. I know that in my experience they sure as hell respect it more. (not including the so called Patriot Act)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1313878 - 02/17/03 10:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Then I would agree to disagree. The Bush Administration, and its supporters have shown more negligence for the Constitution and Bill of Rights than any Democrat since FDR.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleadrug

Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: flow]
    #1314160 - 02/17/03 11:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know about forced, but its been said that the U.S. government knew the Pearl Harbor attacks were coming in advance and did nothing to stop them so we would have a legitmate excuse to enter the war (WWII).

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: adrug]
    #1315122 - 02/17/03 05:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It been more than said...the documents have been released, it's fact.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: Rono]
    #1315314 - 02/17/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Could you provide me with a link?

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1315336 - 02/17/03 06:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think Republicans have a better grasp of the Constitution and Bill Of Rights. 

That statement made me laugh.  :smirk:

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1315636 - 02/17/03 10:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You've got to be kidding. The first warning came from Australia. Some of the Japanese fighters made a diversion to Bathurst Island, radio messages warning of the approaching raid were being sent to Darwin

Don't tell me your disputing this "old news." Heres a link.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: MushyMay]
    #1315729 - 02/18/03 01:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Like most fools with an agenda, you point out that which supports your version of events. From your link....

"The Japanese carriers sailed secretly and approached Pearl Harbor on a northern route, rarely used by merchant ships. They did not use their radios and hence were undetected. "

Just a bit of help for the mentally challenged.....
3 entries found for secretly.
se?cret ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skrt)
adj.
Kept hidden from knowledge or view; concealed.
Dependably discreet.
Operating in a hidden or confidential manner: a secret agent.
Not expressed; inward: their secret thoughts.
Not frequented; secluded: wandered about the secret byways of Paris.
Known or shared only by the initiated: secret rites.
Beyond ordinary understanding; mysterious.
Containing information, the unauthorized disclosure of which poses a grave threat to national security.

1 entry found for undetected.
undetected

adj : not perceived or discerned; "they feared some undetected trace of poison"; "she looked around to be sure her faux pas was undetected" [ant: detected]

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: MushyMay]
    #1315830 - 02/18/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Don't tell me your disputing this "old news."

I'm not disputing anything. I just wanted to get a link so I could read it for myself.

Anonymous

#1316932 - 02/18/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

As much of a fact as the theory that our gov't let the WTC attacks happen.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: Anonymous]
    #1317132 - 02/18/03 02:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As much of a fact as the theory that our gov't let the WTC attacks happen. 

no no, thats just silly...THEY WERE FULLY INVOLVED IN ITS EXECUTION.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1317147 - 02/18/03 02:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How about the Japanese submarine we sunk before the attack was initiated?

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: The US Govt has gone insane [Re: Anonymous]
    #1317151 - 02/18/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Two and only two courts of law have decided the issue of whether FDR and Washington or the commanders in Hawaii were responsible for the Pearl Harbor disaster. Both the Navy Court and the Army Board found Washington guilty.

Navy court of inquiry

Top Secret Report of Army Pearl Harbor Board , Oct, 1944, "Now let us turn to the fateful period between November 27 and December 6, 1941. In this period numerous pieces of information came to our State, War, and Navy Departments in all of their Top ranks indicating precisely the intentions of the Japanese including the probable exact hour and date of the attack. " In response to this report, Marshall offered his resignation - the sign of a guilty conscience. Marshall testified at the MacArthur hearings that he considered loyalty to his chief superior to loyalty to his country.

Joint Congressional Committee on the Investigation of the Pearl Harbor Attack, Nov 15, 1945 to May 31, 1946, proved that there had been so much reversion of testimony, coverup and outright lies that the truth would have to wait until all Pearl Harbor records were declassified.

Most of the conspirators were military men, all men of FDR's own choice, men who only followed orders and FDR never delegated authority. Stark, in answer to charges that he denied IQ to Hawaii, publicly offered a Nuremberg defense in August 1945 that everything he did pre-Dec 7, 1941 was on FDR's orders. The handful of military men in DC responsible for the disaster at Pearl Harbor were directly under the control of FDR and were later promoted and protected from investigation; promoted with FDR's full knowledge that they were responsible for not warning Hawaii. On the record, Intelligence tried to warn HI scores of times but were prevented by FDR's men.

ftp://ftp.purdue.edu/pub/Liberal-Arts/History/pha/pearl.harbor/navy.court/

ftp://ftp.purdue.edu/pub/Liberal-Arts/History/pha/pearl.harbor/misc/army_1.txt

ftp://ftp.purdue.edu/pub/Liberal-Arts/History/pha/pearl.harbor/congress/

--------------------

Edited by Rono (02/18/03 02:50 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1317226 - 02/18/03 02:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

None of your links work.

Edit:
Remove the http:// from them and they do.

Next question.... did you read the report or just the summary from someplace?

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/18/03 02:48 PM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1317237 - 02/18/03 02:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

damn...hold on...I'll fix it

Edit* try the links at the bottom....they will work now

--------------------

Edited by Rono (02/18/03 02:51 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1317285 - 02/18/03 03:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so, whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose -- and you allow him to make war at pleasure. Study to see if you can fix any limit to his power in this respect, after you have given him so much ? [power]. If, today, he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada, to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him, 'I see no probability of the British invading us' but he will say to you, 'Be silent; I see it, if you don't.'" Abraham Lincoln

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder