Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous #12

Re: 20 and homeless; Seeking direction [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #13167986 - 09/08/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah! If you get no family support and can apply for on campus housing - sweet!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #13

Re: 20 and homeless; Seeking direction [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #13168172 - 09/08/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My past choices put me where I am today. I rent and live check to check, sometimes I don't get to eat a meal for a day or 2, and my heat has been shut off since may. You have to live with in your means. champagne taste on a box wine budget will get you no where. What you do today will directly impact your tomorrow. Keep smoking cigarettes, or try to put together a decent looking outfit from goodwill and try to get an interview at jiffy lube. Your priorities are what will take you to where you want to go.

Anonymous #1

Re: 20 and homeless; Seeking direction [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #13169895 - 09/09/10 11:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, this thread blew up a little more than I thought it would. Thank you for the input thus far.

To #4; claiming responsibility was my first order of business when I was 16. You aren't the only person on this planet who's also had a rough start and made something of themselves.

To explain my entire situation and where I've come from would take to much effort for such a small reward. Looking to the future and keeping a positive attitude are what is most important. I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with my situation, I've lived here my entire life (save for my birth.) This area is all I know, the people, my friends, and even a new love interest. Leaving all that behind for a new start is going to be rough......

I have an opportunity with some family in the midwest, however it's something that I can on my own, without moving. Using these skills for profit isn't something I've been wanting to do, but I feel it's one of my only choices.

Who knows though? Maybe a change of scenery would be good.

Anonymous #7

Re: 20 and homeless; Seeking direction [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13169904 - 09/09/10 11:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Well, this thread blew up a little more than I thought it would. Thank you for the input thus far.

To #4; claiming responsibility was my first order of business when I was 16. You aren't the only person on this planet who's also had a rough start and made something of themselves.

To explain my entire situation and where I've come from would take to much effort for such a small reward. Looking to the future and keeping a positive attitude are what is most important. I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with my situation, I've lived here my entire life (save for my birth.) This area is all I know, the people, my friends, and even a new love interest. Leaving all that behind for a new start is going to be rough......

I have an opportunity with some family in the midwest, however it's something that I can on my own, without moving. Using these skills for profit isn't something I've been wanting to do, but I feel it's one of my only choices.

Who knows though? Maybe a change of scenery would be good.

The strength to detach. :feelsgoodman:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom