Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Anyone else suffer from social isolation?
    #13168369 - 09/09/10 08:16 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Just curious. I never thought it would effect me, but years from that time I now see how I am psycologically messed up. I actually have a passionate hate for humans I have ben away from them for so long. What I am finding out is once you cut off contact with people, it's near impossible to reconvert into them. They seem almost like parasites that you cannot stand to see, listen to or stand to be around. I've also noticed speaking with people is close to impossible. Some days I can have a descent convo with the right person but on other days I just bob my head and say yea just so they will shut the fuck up. Im just curious if anyone else suffers from this, Im learning to control it, but I dont think I will ever be "normal" around people. I feel too sketched out, and distant. That goes with women aswell, which is conflicting. As much as I want to fuck and be around them, and have a relationship I cannot stand to be around them. When ever they flirt with me, or I meet someone online I like, I cut them off or end it ubruptly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13168383 - 09/09/10 08:18 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Just curious. I never thought it would effect me, but years from that time I now see how I am psycologically messed up. I actually have a passionate hate for humans I have ben away from them for so long. What I am finding out is once you cut off contact with people, it's near impossible to reconvert into them. They seem almost like parasites that you cannot stand to see, listen to or stand to be around. I've also noticed speaking with people is close to impossible. Some days I can have a descent convo with the right person but on other days I just bob my head and say yea just so they will shut the fuck up. Im just curious if anyone else suffers from this, Im learning to control it, but I dont think I will ever be "normal" around people. I feel too sketched out, and distant. That goes with women aswell, which is conflicting. As much as I want to fuck and be around them, and have a relationship I cannot stand to be around them. When ever they flirt with me, or I meet someone online I like, I cut them off or end it ubruptly.

How have you been away from humans?
Why do you hate?
Why is your sexual drive in so much control over you?

Anonymous #1

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #13168438 - 09/09/10 08:35 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

After high school the ones I thought where close friends where not. So I ended up not having friends, after that I just stayed in my house. I never went out on the weekends or even the weekdays unless I had to go to work. Even then I kept contact and talking with people to a minimum, kept convo short, and simple. It was not bad at first but after a year or so of making it a routine, I started thinking. Being alone I had allot of time to think of people, their ways, where the path of man is heading. And it kept going on from there. I eventually started to hate what man is, started to hate how so many people suffer on a daily basis from what we do. In the myst of all of this I acquired medical problems, I then could not take care of these problems because I could not afford them. I noticed how my condition would eat away at me, and make me hate humans even more.
It's ben about five solid years since I have had a friend, girl friend, or someone to talk to, or even share ideas with. It's like I am re programed somehow. On some days being around people actually makes me sick. The best way to describe it, is it is like being on mushrooms, the feeling you get of having your brain pulled in 100 different directions, but you are sober. On a daily basis I have to fight with my mind, coax it in to thinking not all humans are bad. In one hand I want to go out, explore the world I have missed out on for so many years, get my life on track, on the other hand... I feel Ill never be able to work around them without biting my tongue. Almost like a feeling of being pacified, like when I am around people they are always expecting me to seek their approval. Like ill never be at their level.
I don't think my sexual drive has control over me, I have control over it. As much as I want to give into it, and the urges I just cant bring myself to do it. It's almost like Ive ben alone for so long and have had so much time to visualize things that I have a heightened visual mind, as strange as it sounds. Whenever I meet someone or see a picture of someone I might be attracted to its like a whole lifetime or rather highlights of that life run through my head, and I lose interest. The same with jobs, people even going to events. I can see how it plays out and end up letting it pass by.

Anonymous #3

#13168471 - 09/09/10 08:45 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

you need to chill and hit the werk out festival in ohio this weekend!

:awedance:

Anonymous #4

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #13168527 - 09/09/10 09:04 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

This: http://www.fastseduction.com/
Forget all the shit about fucking girls, but go out in public. Interact with everyone. Anyone. For however long, anyway you can. You'll get rejected and blown out a lot, yes. Or you can commit to dying slowly and surely.

Anonymous #2

#13168572 - 09/09/10 09:20 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
After high school the ones I thought where close friends where not. So I ended up not having friends, after that I just stayed in my house. I never went out on the weekends or even the weekdays unless I had to go to work. Even then I kept contact and talking with people to a minimum, kept convo short, and simple. It was not bad at first but after a year or so of making it a routine, I started thinking. Being alone I had allot of time to think of people, their ways, where the path of man is heading. And it kept going on from there. I eventually started to hate what man is, started to hate how so many people suffer on a daily basis from what we do. In the myst of all of this I acquired medical problems, I then could not take care of these problems because I could not afford them. I noticed how my condition would eat away at me, and make me hate humans even more.
It's ben about five solid years since I have had a friend, girl friend, or someone to talk to, or even share ideas with. It's like I am re programed somehow. On some days being around people actually makes me sick. The best way to describe it, is it is like being on mushrooms, the feeling you get of having your brain pulled in 100 different directions, but you are sober. On a daily basis I have to fight with my mind, coax it in to thinking not all humans are bad. In one hand I want to go out, explore the world I have missed out on for so many years, get my life on track, on the other hand... I feel Ill never be able to work around them without biting my tongue. Almost like a feeling of being pacified, like when I am around people they are always expecting me to seek their approval. Like ill never be at their level.
I don't think my sexual drive has control over me, I have control over it. As much as I want to give into it, and the urges I just cant bring myself to do it. It's almost like Ive ben alone for so long and have had so much time to visualize things that I have a heightened visual mind, as strange as it sounds. Whenever I meet someone or see a picture of someone I might be attracted to its like a whole lifetime or rather highlights of that life run through my head, and I lose interest. The same with jobs, people even going to events. I can see how it plays out and end up letting it pass by.

go to a local mosque, friend, you know that all humans are not bad and your isolating is deeply damaging to you :sad:

Anonymous #3

#13168630 - 09/09/10 09:42 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

:megapsycrankey:

Anonymous #1

#13168653 - 09/09/10 09:53 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Lol, Death to americans! I dont think so..I was just curious if anyone else suffers from what I do. Maybe if they do I can find out how to retrain the mind, or how they cope with it, or maybe their experiences. Or maybe Im just really fucked in the head, I don't know. I becoming more and more aware that it's not healthy to live life this way, and is holding me back.

Anonymous #5

#13168662 - 09/09/10 10:02 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Misanthropes FTW!

:toast:

Anonymous #2

#13168671 - 09/09/10 10:05 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Lol, Death to americans! I dont think so..I was just curious if anyone else suffers from what I do. Maybe if they do I can find out how to retrain the mind, or how they cope with it, or maybe their experiences. Or maybe Im just really fucked in the head, I don't know. I becoming more and more aware that it's not healthy to live life this way, and is holding me back.

You have a misconception about islam.
It wouldn't hurt to go to a mosque and ask help with this. It may be the right guidance, and at least it will get you out of the house.

Anonymous #6

#13168830 - 09/09/10 11:54 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
It wouldn't hurt to go to a mosque and ask help with this. It may be the right guidance, and at least it will get you out of the house.

Fuck off with the prosthelytizing your stupid muslim garbage.  Is there any problem, oh great enlightened imam, that going to a mosque can't solve?

Last thing OP needs is to have his head shoved up his ass by some religious idiot.  If he's already feeling isolated, well islam isn't exactly winning any popularity contests at the moment in this country.

And seriously, stop pushing your fucking garbage religion on people.  I know EXACTLY how the OP feels, and dealing with some self-appointed missionary on a god given mission to spread hate filled fairytales is not going to get him turned on to people again.

Seriously OP, do ANYTHING besides joining a mosque, church, temple, etc.  Otherwise you might as well base your life on Hansel and Gretel or maybe some Dr. Seuss.

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13168872 - 09/09/10 12:23 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #6 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:

Fuck off with the prosthelytizing your stupid muslim garbage.  Is there any problem, oh great enlightened imam, that going to a mosque can't solve?

Last thing OP needs is to have his head shoved up his ass by some religious idiot.  If he's already feeling isolated, well islam isn't exactly winning any popularity contests at the moment in this country.

And seriously, stop pushing your fucking garbage religion on people.  I know EXACTLY how the OP feels, and dealing with some self-appointed missionary on a god given mission to spread hate filled fairytales is not going to get him turned on to people again.

Seriously OP, do ANYTHING besides joining a mosque, church, temple, etc.  Otherwise you might as well base your life on Hansel and Gretel or maybe some Dr. Seuss.

Islam is a religion of peace, and no rightful islamic leader will try to convert him. He can get guidance from a spiritual leader on his journey to a better life.

Anonymous #7

#13168888 - 09/09/10 12:47 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

In one hand I want to go out, explore the world I have missed out on for so many years, get my life on track, on the other hand... I feel Ill never be able to work around them without biting my tongue.

I completely relate to you, OP.
I'm never out or around people that often, and don't care to be around others for the most part. I just prefer to do my own thing away from everyone.
Fuck people.

Anonymous #8

#13169006 - 09/09/10 02:47 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

I have certainly felt like you have, perhaps not as intensely.

I used to absolutely fucking hate social situations, I would show up at a party or gathering and instantly start to panic.  Mind goes blank, cant think of a goddam thing to say and the urge to just turn and run away would win over me most of the time.  I felt like I had nothing in common with these smiling jabbering idiots, talking only about who they fucked most recently or exactly what kinds of liquor in what ratios they consumed last weekend.

The only way you're going to get better is to immerse yourself in those situatuions which make you feel uncomfortable, over and over again.  Its gonna suck at first but over time you'll realize its not that bad and will get used to it.

Walk around town and talk to random strangers about the first thing that pops into your head.  The weather, local events, politics, what the fuck ever.  Talk to everybody you see about whatever you want. Some will think you're a weirdo, sure, but fuck them they're strangers.

The human brain can get used to pretty much fucking anything, just gotta make it habit and routine.  Since you have conditioned it into misanthropy, it will take some time to become better.

I still struggle everyday and am pretty far from being a social butterfly, but its way way more tolerable than it used to be.

oh and PLZ PLZ gtfo with that religion shit, for fucks sake.

Camus was right to call religion "philosophical suicide". It may make you feel better about your tiny little life, but you'll always know that you're lying to yourself.

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #13169062 - 09/09/10 03:47 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
I have certainly felt like you have, perhaps not as intensely.

I used to absolutely fucking hate social situations, I would show up at a party or gathering and instantly start to panic.  Mind goes blank, cant think of a goddam thing to say and the urge to just turn and run away would win over me most of the time.  I felt like I had nothing in common with these smiling jabbering idiots, talking only about who they fucked most recently or exactly what kinds of liquor in what ratios they consumed last weekend.

The only way you're going to get better is to immerse yourself in those situatuions which make you feel uncomfortable, over and over again.  Its gonna suck at first but over time you'll realize its not that bad and will get used to it.

Walk around town and talk to random strangers about the first thing that pops into your head.  The weather, local events, politics, what the fuck ever.  Talk to everybody you see about whatever you want. Some will think you're a weirdo, sure, but fuck them they're strangers.

Why do people keep giving this 'seduction/the game" advice? What if OP needs to find what OP actually wants out of life.

The lot of you giving this type of advice are not helping. You see a person that obviously is having problems with finding a purpose in life and you tell this person to become an automaton. That's all you will be if you start playing the numbers game, will turn into those people that do nothing but talk about what they drank last weekend.

OP is that what you want? If it is there is lots of advice to be given, but will it satisfy you? Will it make you hate humanity less?

Quote:

The human brain can get used to pretty much fucking anything, just gotta make it habit and routine.  Since you have conditioned it into misanthropy, it will take some time to become better.

I still struggle everyday and am pretty far from being a social butterfly, but its way way more tolerable than it used to be.

oh and PLZ PLZ gtfo with that religion shit, for fucks sake.

Camus was right to call religion "philosophical suicide". It may make you feel better about your tiny little life, but you'll always know that you're lying to yourself.

And going out and being something you aren't for the sole reason to win a game that is pointless is not a lie? Going out and having sex with people only to do what? To show off? It won't make you feel good to have sex with a new person every week, it won't fulfill anything but short term pleasure, and most of all it won't help you find long term peace in life.

What scares you guys about religion, do you think OP will walk into a mosque and get brainwashed? Religious leaders are, if not graduated with a degree relating to it, at least experienced in dealing with and helping people find purpose. Once again, no one is going to force OP to convert in exchange for good life advice.

OP don't play the game of fitting in, it won't make you happy. You didn't become who you are now because you never wanted that life anyway. Don't get confused by your loneliness.

Anonymous #8

#13169104 - 09/09/10 04:14 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Wow dude, you completely misinterpreted me.

That "game/seduction" shit you refer to is beyond fucking retarded, anyone with half a goddam brain knows that.  What I'm talking about is the very simple concept of getting better at social interaction through practice.  This will not make you an automaton, but rather you can learn to have interesting and hopefully enlightening discussions with people and discuss your interests and beliefs, which is the only way anybody can grow. I'm still extremely introverted, but at least now I can better communicate to thoughtful quiet chums like myself.

Just like I'm sure you had enlightening and interesting discussions with your super sophisticated imams and their bullshit circular logic they learned with their degrees.

btw thats HILARIOUS that you warn the op about becoming an automaton just to fit in and then in the next line recommend organized religion :lol: :lol:

organized religion is the OPPOSITE of finding your purpose in life.  Its saying,"I'll just copy-paste this HUGE group of people's beliefs into my own because I feel lost and meaningless and these nice people are telling me everything's ok".

Anonymous #2

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #13169286 - 09/09/10 05:29 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Wow dude, you completely misinterpreted me.

That "game/seduction" shit you refer to is beyond fucking retarded, anyone with half a goddam brain knows that.  What I'm talking about is the very simple concept of getting better at social interaction through practice.  This will not make you an automaton, but rather you can learn to have interesting and hopefully enlightening discussions with people and discuss your interests and beliefs, which is the only way anybody can grow. I'm still extremely introverted, but at least now I can better communicate to thoughtful quiet chums like myself.

Just like I'm sure you had enlightening and interesting discussions with your super sophisticated imams and their bullshit circular logic they learned with their degrees.

btw thats HILARIOUS that you warn the op about becoming an automaton just to fit in and then in the next line recommend organized religion :lol: :lol:

organized religion is the OPPOSITE of finding your purpose in life.  Its saying,"I'll just copy-paste this HUGE group of people's beliefs into my own because I feel lost and meaningless and these nice people are telling me everything's ok".

You misunderstand faith completely if you think that is what it is. You find true purpose in life when you give up everything.

Anonymous #9

#13169520 - 09/09/10 06:29 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I just bob my head and say yea just so they will shut the fuck up

ah yes...ye ol 'smile an nod' routine

I have used this one many a times myself  :cheers:

Anonymous #5

#13169571 - 09/09/10 06:40 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

OP I have news for you.

You are Larry David.

Anonymous #10

Re: Anyone else suffer from social isolation? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #13169596 - 09/09/10 06:45 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah I went to a gig last night with 3 people I've known for years, I realised I pretty much hate all of them. Nothing happened I just think they, like most humanity, are pointless. I was hoping the car would crash the whole way home, willing nukes to drop on London etc.

But then I went to the mosque this morning and everything is super! The island-size ball of plastic in the Pacific disappered, pollution stopped pouring into every water system on the planet, people stoppped making worthless junk from petro chemicals, they stoppped driving their cars when they could walk or ride a bike, TV stopped being full of nothing but banal crap, wars stopped and everything else was just peachy!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals