Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Regarding Advertising Here at the Shroomery
    #1316783 - 02/18/03 01:41 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I recently had a post closed by Joshua in the Mushroom Pictures Forum where I posted three magazines (shroom related) and one autographed copy of Terence McKenna's Food of the Gods book.

Joshuasaid that although my original post was from a year or so ago when it was legal for people to sell whatever that now it was not cool becasue tof the venodors who pay for sale space for their spore companies.

Joshua since moved the post over here. But I want to bring up an interesting point about selling items here other than
spores and or sporeprints, syringes, etc.

When someone here is interested in buying certain books, they are often refered to pages from Amazon.com or other psychedelic related vendors companies.

For instance there is a post here regarding Paul Stamets Psilocybine Mushrooms of the World. Various prices were listed for the book.

I am curious since everyone here practically worships Paul Stamets as to why you would buy your book from amazon.com and not directly fro Paul's own company Fungi Pefecti which sells many other fine mushroom books too.

So when someone here asks where they can get cetrtain books, field guides, etc, someone always posts a URL to amazon.com

So Then that means we advertise amazon.com who does not also pay the shroomery for space.

Now I am not bitching about this but wanted to point this out.

What I usually offer every year are hanbd-painted batiks and T-Shirts for sale and they usually go very fast. I also have sold a few of my mushroom books here but I do not advertise them for sle here. They are listed at my site for sale, which luckilly is being hosted for me by Thor, 3MShroom and the Shroomery.

Thanks guys and have a shroomy day.

mj

People also advertise cameras here and I too see nothing wrong in that. We need more shroomerites to have nicer cameras so they can post really cool images of what they find on the easter shroomm hunts.

mj

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Regarding Advertising Here at the Shroomery [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1317319 - 02/18/03 05:23 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1317793 - 02/18/03 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

I am curious since everyone here practically worships Paul Stamets as to why you would buy your book from amazon.com and not directly fro Paul's own company Fungi Pefecti which sells many other fine mushroom books too.

It is funny but "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World" cost 29.95$ at Stamets site and 22.75$ on Amazon.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Regarding Advertising Here at the Shroomery [Re: zeronio]
    #1318197 - 02/19/03 04:48 AM (14 years, 5 days ago)

I would rather give my money to {Paul than to a large corporation which cares nothing about the people who buty their books.

Its like buybg pot from your friends or goiing out ont he street and give ing your money to some worrthless street drug dealer who just gores and specnds it on crak.

mj

If you do order from Stamets than be sure to not asked about drugs or they will cut you off.

mj

And yes, Amazon is cheaper and they even sellmy books for less than homestead buyt i would rather they order them from Mind Books or Homestead then from amazon.com.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1320737 - 02/20/03 12:30 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Yes, you're right about that. I just can't figure out how they make it cheaper then the author. :confused: 

Anonymous

Re: Regarding Advertising Here at the Shroomery [Re: zeronio]
    #1321225 - 02/20/03 07:20 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media