Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebhannkb
Stranger
Shrooms at sts9!
    #13167813 - 09/08/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So I'm going to a sts9 concert this Friday at a venue called red rocks and i want to try shrooms for the first time. Keep in mind this venue is outdoors with a very wide open surrounding but im going to be front row with thousands of people next to me on both sides and behind me. I have been reading a lot about tripping at concerts for first timers and i have read mixed reviews. I will be with a few friends who I really trust and won't be tripping. My biggest concern is that I will be overwhelmed by all of the people, i don't think this is a good comparison but I have rolled super hard in a big crowd of people and had no problem, so im semi-used to sensory overload but I've also heard that it is a totally different feeling. Im afraid that the trip may go bad but I'm going to bring my ipod so that if need be i can go to one of the bathrooms and just zone out. I was also thinking that I could just zone out a lot in the music, but I would be standing the entire 3 or 4 hour concert. Any input would be great! especially asap since the concert is Friday!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: bhannkb]
    #13167823 - 09/08/10 09:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

We can't tell you how YOU'LL feel, since everyone is different.. though I've tripped many times at concerts and have never had a bad experience.

--------------------

Offlinebhannkb
Stranger
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: dwtk]
    #13167832 - 09/08/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dwtk said:
We can't tell you how YOU'LL feel, since everyone is different.. though I've tripped many times at concerts and have never had a bad experience.

i realize that but i'm more concerned about having it just be terrible like me seeing scary shit, but a bunch of my friends said that it would be hard to have that intense of visuals since I am only gonna be taking a half eighth. Had you tripped before the concerts?

Invisiblekergan
Male User Gallery

#13167844 - 09/08/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I don't like to trip around people. Unless they are tripping too.
You might want to try them out and see what they are like before you go into a big crowd.
Anyway I hope you enjoy your first mushroom trip. :feelsgoodman:

Invisiblejustaguy
Loc: Flag
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: kergan]
    #13167851 - 09/08/10 09:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Acid >

--------------------

Offlinebhannkb
Stranger
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: justaguy]
    #13167871 - 09/08/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a very public person, so I'm probably wrong in saying this, but I feel like if i'm front row and dancing and everyone else is i'm just gonna feed off their vibes and have a good time

Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: Treasure Coast
    #13167907 - 09/08/10 09:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

everyone at a show or concert is putting off good vibes and good feelings and the excitement of being there is the best so it is hard to have a bad trip with all the good feelings going around.  Hope all is well and yes I would def take them:cheers:

--------------------
Everything I say is a work of Fiction and should not be taken seriously

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
    #13167910 - 09/08/10 09:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If you're only eating a half 8th you should be fine :thumbup:

Trust me, the music will take care of you more than you think. ESPECIALLY Sound Tribe :wink:

--------------------

Offlinebhannkb
Stranger
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: dwtk]
    #13167926 - 09/08/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everyone! My main concern is the people around me because it will literally be inevitable to not touch them, will this be a major problem or if i just accept it will i be fine?

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #13168077 - 09/08/10 10:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bhannkb said:
Thanks everyone! My main concern is the people around me because it will literally be inevitable to not touch them, will this be a major problem or if i just accept it will i be fine?

Do it for sure then go with the flow. When you feel like moving to a different spot with more room you'll just flutter away.

--------------------

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: muistrue]
    #13168346 - 09/08/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

mushrooms, for me, are very special and certainly have a time and place.  i am very experienced with shrooms, and never take less than 3.5 - 4 g anymore when i do take them.  typically, i dont take them at shows, although i have in the past and have had some of the best times of my life (i.e. first phish show, 4.2g of my homegrowns...tears fell.)  i'm one of those that think they are best enjoyed with close friends in a comfortable/outdoor setting.

however, the first psychedelic experience of one's life is something that you'll most likely never forget...

so i say definately take them.  its sounds like you've at least done your homework, and at least aren't a drug noob (rolled) so you should be fine.  and especially since you only plan on taking 1.7g.  i would highly recommend eating a little bit more though...this is personal opinion, but i think low dose mushroom trips are a tease and almost uncomfortable (not quite there, but not quite sober feels weird to me).  but its always good to start low with an unknown, so....

however much you eat, just remember to relax and have a blast at the same time.  just go with the flow and enjoy the music, lights, friends, venue, vibe, etc.  sound tribe will take you there and back, you'll love it if you just let it happen.

and if you need any advice or comfort, just find me.  i'll be the one dancing my ass off on saturday night  :awedance:

--------------------

Offlinefurthurrr
Stranger
Loc: Flag
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: redHue]
    #13168362 - 09/08/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah eat those boomers right up, sound tribe will take you to new places friend, let the vibes take a hold....and to whoever said outdoor setting/ with good friends...yeah thats the perfect environment plus the super good music, have fun

--------------------
love this life.

Invisiblecalicyco

Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: bhannkb] * 1
    #13168395 - 09/08/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good thing its not Slayer  :evil:

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: calicyco]
    #13168410 - 09/08/10 11:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Moshing on shrooms would be nutty.

--------------------

OfflinePeacefulJedi
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: muistrue]
    #13168467 - 09/08/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Eat em for sure. Red Rocks is a magical venue man. I was there for SCI this year and the good vibes there are crazy strong. I would say it would be an amazing first trip. Something magical as the rocks themselves

--------------------
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #13168790 - 09/09/10 02:18 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I can't stay down close to the stage very long at Red Rocks because the view of Denver is so amazing at the top.  Usually there are lightning storms to watch too!

That said, it is without a doubt absolutely possible to take lots and lots of psychedelic drugs at Red Rocks and dance around in the middle of the crowd and not have any problems at all.  Most guys don't have very good aim after a while, so chilling in the bathroom with your ipod would be disgusting. The bathrooms at the top in the museum building are all deluxe though and have stalls where you can do whatever.

Just don't smoke cigarettes if you're in the middle of a row, security likes you to smoke on the sides.  They don't seem to care about weed, but don't quote me on that.

Have fun!

Invisiblefloridaguy
 User Gallery

Loc: North America Flag
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #13168810 - 09/09/10 02:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

acid is better for STS9, i would never eat shrooms at sts9.

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #13168952 - 09/09/10 05:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

IMO shrooms are not a good drug for shows and concerts. Buts thats just for me, might be different for you.

The come up is too uncomfortable and the trip is too weird.

Acid and ecstacy are my top 2 drugs for a concert.

But you'll have a great time at STS9 regardless. They put on a great show.

--------------------

Offlinethechosen
VISIONARY
Male User Gallery

Loc: North FL Flag
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: RobMarley420]
    #13169061 - 09/09/10 06:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dude i went to an sts9 concert a few months back here in florida, i took my own shrooms with me and realized that i should have took ecstacy instead, sts9 concert on shrooms was an odd experience. i definitely do not recommend it, especially when it seems like evevyone is rolling their asses off and having a great time, and you're like WHOOOOAAAAA!!

InvisibleBASSnympho
Stranger
Re: Shrooms at sts9! [Re: thechosen]
    #13169270 - 09/09/10 08:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

STS9 puts on an AMAZING show. I saw them in baltimore about 3 weeks back and candy flipped for it --- the show ended before I was ready and I was still faced for the after party and drive home haha. Definitely do cid over boomers for a concert like soundtribe. You wont regret it. I hear lucy out in the midwest is mad easy to come by too. 60 a strip here in the southeast, I'm guessing no more than that, but probably less out west. Split a strip with a friend and have an awesome time man... I wana go to red rocks soooo bad... I might make the road trip out to see furthur =)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder