Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: Wimy]
    #13161727 - 09/07/10 07:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Synthetic doesn't seem to be as potent, if they are giving nine times the threshold dose. Probably more like truffles or crystals - there, but doesn't really grab you by the boo-boo. Just specuating though.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycophyte
Outkast
Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: Wimy]
    #13161888 - 09/07/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm always amazed at the surprise generated by the results of these studies. People have been medicating themselves with all natural plant and animal products for thousands of years, learning the hard way what works and what doesn't. The Americans were using psilocybin as a medical and spiritual treatment long before someone's 17 year old son drove the Beamer into the garage door while tripping on shrooms. It always seems disrespectful to our ancestors to first outright ban and then grudgingly readmit into respectability something they used and treated with a great deal of respect and reverence. Maybe the old prejudices are finally falling to reality

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: Mycophyte]
    #13161951 - 09/07/10 08:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

pertty sweet

my dad emailed me this today!

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: JT]
    #13162056 - 09/07/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm.....or reality is finally falling :lol:

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #13162301 - 09/07/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I fixed the link, check it again. LSD is making its way back to the lab.

The future of lsd is exciting. I'm guessing it won't happen anytime soon but it would be amazing to see medical LSD being used for treatments/therapies in the near future

OfflineWimy
weiliiinmyyard
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE USA Flag
Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today [Re: skatealex2]
    #13162626 - 09/07/10 10:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

LSD will fuck your life up. Lol.

--------------------

OfflineBrownThumb
Versed in sterility
 User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today [Re: Wimy] * 1
    #13163434 - 09/08/10 01:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone.

The study is pretty interesting.  BTW, they used synthetic psilocybin administered in 00 capsules.  I have downloaded the complete article in PDF, and made it available at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5618396/Psilocybin%20in%20cancer%20patients.pdf

(you can read it in your browswer or right click the link to download)

I have also posted a photo that summarizes some of their results:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: curenado] * 1
    #13163662 - 09/08/10 04:51 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

curenado said:
Synthetic doesn't seem to be as potent, if they are giving nine times the threshold dose. Probably more like truffles or crystals - there, but doesn't really grab you by the boo-boo. Just specuating though.

A chemical is a chemical is a chemical, etc. The same.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: MushroomTrip] * 1
    #13163888 - 09/08/10 07:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

curenado said:

A chemical is a chemical is a chemical, etc. The same.

Wrong. That is a generalized and ignorant statement. Just because it suits you. It's not even true objectively let alone subjectively.

--------------------

Edited by curenado (09/08/10 07:27 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: curenado]
    #13163934 - 09/08/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How the hell does that suit me? Do you even understand the implications and meaning of your words?
Please explain how the same chemical can be different. I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #13163969 - 09/08/10 08:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe a whole mushroom might have other stuff in it that affects how it works but those other things wouldn't be present in a pill containing just psilocybin so the experience might be different. There's also a chance that eating a whole mushroom has a different effect on some people's mental/spiritual/ect state than taking a pill. :shrug:

Invisiblefungusmuncher
rabbit chaser
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today [Re: BrownThumb] * 1
    #13163970 - 09/08/10 08:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BrownThumb said:
Hi everyone.

The study is pretty interesting.  BTW, they used synthetic psilocybin administered in 00 capsules.  I have downloaded the complete article in PDF, and made it available at:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5618396/Psilocybin%20in%20cancer%20patients.pdf

(you can read it in your browswer or right click the link to download)

I have also posted a photo that summarizes some of their results:

Thanks for the article, good read.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: MushroomTrip] * 3
    #13163971 - 09/08/10 08:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I realize you are in a serious grown up forum and your sad trolling/pub debate habits of
<<I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds.>>

Won't help at all. There are numerous designations in organic chemistry and the pill is not the same as other forms. Neither is DMT which has numerous designations.
No one even needs to argue about it because this is a place of people experienced in multiple psychedelics and multiple forms of the "same" psychedelic.
Your statement might be "good enough tripe for trash" but it's not accurate at all.

<<Please explain how the same chemical can be different>>

It is well known, I have already said above and go educate your own self - nobody owes you anything in explanation or justification. It's not like it matters what you say?

--------------------

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: curenado]
    #13164016 - 09/08/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like it might be a bad idea to post right now because people seem not all too friendly about this topic but I'm a bit confused. I'm not experienced with psychedelics. I just like to run around in the forest and know the names of the things I find so I'd very much appreciate if you could explain this.

Is it that the method of taking something causes different effects? Like taking a pill vs. getting a shot?

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#13164028 - 09/08/10 08:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

curenado said:
I realize you are in a serious grown up forum and your sad trolling/pub debate habits of

How amazing it is that while you're saying all that, you also say:

Quote:

Wrong. That is a generalized and ignorant statement. Just because it suits you. It's not even true objectively let alone subjectively.

and

Quote:

No one even needs to argue about it because this is a place of people experienced in multiple psychedelics and multiple forms of the "same" psychedelic.
Your statement might be "good enough tripe for trash" but it's not accurate at all.

Am I the only one seeing the irony in all this? :lol:
What kind of a grown-up discussion can it be when your first reply is "wrong!". That's not stupid and childish at all. :rolleyes:
When trying to mimic your superiority, please first consider your own language because otherwise nobody will take you seriously. And spare me with the whole experienced trippers elitism - it's pretty obvious that you use it only to veil your own lack of knowledge.
Of course nobody ows me anything, which is I never demanded for anything. It only made sense to me, since you were so eager to point out that how wrong and ignorant my statement was, that you will also provide an actual explanation. My mistake since this isn't my first encounter with you, and each time there was an exchange between us you were more completely unable to make a valid point, insulting me, all while pretending that I was the one who was being disrespectful.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: sve]
    #13164035 - 09/08/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sve said:
Maybe a whole mushroom might have other stuff in it that affects how it works but those other things wouldn't be present in a pill containing just psilocybin so the experience might be different. There's also a chance that eating a whole mushroom has a different effect on some people's mental/spiritual/ect state than taking a pill. :shrug:

Indeed.
But that's because the whole mushroom contains more than one chemical, which far from saying that one single chemical is different from itself. But that's not what curenado would have you believe. :wink:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: sve] * 1
    #13164036 - 09/08/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

<<Is it that the method of taking something causes different effects? Like taking a pill vs. getting a shot?>>

There is that variable. Also include the form used to make the pill or shot (as it were) and that is just for the synthetics. Organics add even more variables to consider.

Subjectively and in organic forms truffles, crystals and whole fruit have differences and not all subtle ones. The trip quality and features differ and differ in degree.

I was only speculating that their form may be different owing to the seemingly large amounts they were giving.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#13164046 - 09/08/10 08:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

curenado said:
I was only speculating

Then stop trying to turn it into a fact.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Results of Harbor-UCLA Psilocybin Study Published Online in Archives of General Psychiatry Today! [Re: MushroomTrip] * 1
    #13164056 - 09/08/10 08:33 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

sve said:

Indeed.
But that's because the whole mushroom contains more than one chemical, which far from saying that one single chemical is different from itself. But that's not what curenado would have you believe. :wink:

No, that's you twisting around and trying to bail out. :lol: You came in, said a general statement and it was worthless compared to the posting.
I have tried to be clear. Besides, if we do know each other then clearly you just couldn't resist a opp to troll and you failed at it. That's all. :lol:

This isn't a stupid pub debate :laugh2: go troll someone stupid enough to talk to you :lol:

--------------------

Edited by curenado (09/08/10 08:34 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#13164073 - 09/08/10 08:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Besides, if we do know each other then clearly you just couldn't resist a opp to troll and you failed at it.

Which makes perfect sense since you're the one who started flaming. :lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag