Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13180525 - 09/11/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I just think that having a complete set of guidelines and definitions for what constitutes a conspiracy thread would cause a lot of needless bickering and forum lawyering

+1

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mind Exploration Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T]
    #13180597 - 09/11/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is what we have now, needless bickering...hows is that going to get worse if it is laid out as a standard, which IS the problem now because everyone sees what constitutes a conspiracy forum thread differently...if we have the rules, or a standard all you have to do is read and there it is...

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13180606 - 09/11/10 03:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
This is what we have now, needless bickering...hows is that going to get worse

No, the question is- "how will that be better?".

It won't, that's how.

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T]
    #13180645 - 09/11/10 03:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

To be so quick to jump to false conclusions.
How will it be better?  It will be akin to the forum rules for each forum, they are plainly written out, you look oh here it says I can't do this so I broke a rule.  As opposed to what we have now, several mods with there own ideas of what they want talked about in the pub, nobody has a crystal clear notion of what that is and it changes from mod to mod....do you see how it is much more organized, in plain site and standardized if we create this document?  Then we before we post we look at the list and if the topic is on there or the type of argument disallowed is listed then it stops right there, you go to the conspiracy forum, its out there plain for everyone to see.

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #13207736 - 09/17/10 01:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
And hey if nobody else thinks this is a good idea then scrap it! I just think that having a complete set of guidelines and definitions for what constitutes a conspiracy thread would bypass a lot of unnecessary thread moving or locking, hostility for perceived unwarranted/unfair mod decisions (which in at least one case personally I had two mods give me two different answers on what was ok to post in the pub), and it would give EVERYONE the mods and the users a guideline to go off so the posters and mods don't have to guess.  I think a lot of our basic disagreements in this forum stem from this issue, and it should be an easy fix; indexing subjects or types of arguments that automatically should be put in the conspiracy forum. 
I'd even volunteer my time to help this weekend if you want me to...because I feel it will save a lot more pain in the ass, petty shit in the future..

People that run into these problems, what do you think of this idea? Worth it to spend the time now to become standardized and uniform on this 'key' problem or just deal with it as it come up (which I think will lead to more of the same in the end)??

what I'm seeing from this thread

"I'ma try and figure out a way to beat the system"

not like this is your first try at it either

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13213821 - 09/18/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok you can think what you want, I was just trying to figure out the system since it was quite ambiguous.

I was only trying to make it easier for everyone to see what was considered conspiracy forum thread material since there were so many petty arguments popping up over it.  It's funny how you try to make it seem like I was trying to con the system or something though...you really do make a lot of false assumptions about people.
:lol:

I'm curious how do you think I've tried to con the system before???

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13217131 - 09/19/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
I'm curious how do you think I've tried to con the system before???

it's not that it's ambiguous, it's that we arent here 24/7 waiting for you to post

here's a few examples
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13101490#13101490
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13022500#13022500
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12986578#12986578
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13042689#13042689

I'm seriously starting to rethink my position on what constitutes a
conspiracy thread, the new definition is "if you make it, it's a conspiracy thread" :smirk:

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13217465 - 09/19/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No ambiguity?  Why have so many people questioned why their post got moved?

I don't even care now, Ythan was cool enough to give us our own forum so I could care less about this thread now...

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13218223 - 09/19/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

because a few people here seem to believe reptilians are real, that the
Illuminati control every aspect of our lives and that Barack Obama is a
muslim terrorist

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13218226 - 09/19/10 01:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

of which, barack being an islamic terrorist... it's all true, I found irrefutable proof on the internet

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

#13218536 - 09/19/10 02:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Funny how you try to make it seem that all of the cases of thread removal were those relating to clear cut conspiracy theories.  What I was actually referring to are things like asking for opinions about crop circles, and presentations of declassified documents... actual events that seemed to have been moved based on opinion instead of some shroomery standard, which was all I was seeking to establish in this thread...

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
I don't even care now, Ythan was cool enough to give us our own forum so I could care less about this thread

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13218570 - 09/19/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well then why do you keep posting in it?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder