Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13169813 - 09/09/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is an extension of a current issue of much importance

http://www.aclu.org/national-security/obama-administration-reportedly-authorizes-targeted-killing-us-citizen

More current:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/targeted-killing-death-without-due-process

IMO it would have been better moved to the political forum, but pris would just tuck it away where he wants it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Taco Chef]
    #13170283 - 09/09/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i wasn't speaking of you personally, so no harm intended.

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mind Exploration Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Taco Chef]
    #13172005 - 09/09/10 07:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry for the bad assumption,

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13174429 - 09/10/10 09:23 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He's right, moving political discussions to the political forum is bullshit! Also, you motherfucking fascists better stop moving my music videos from the marketplace, and my bunt cake recipes from cultivation. This tyranny will not stand!

:rabble:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13174474 - 09/10/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You got a good bundt recipe?

(:lol:)

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: curenado]
    #13174504 - 09/10/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

LEMON CHEESE FILLED BUNDT CAKE
1 pkg. butter yellow
3/4 c. apricot nectar
1/4 c. butter, softened
3 eggs
FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. flaked coconut
GLAZE:
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. apricot nectar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10 inch bundt or tube pan. In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients. Beat with electric mixer per cake package. Spoon thick batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients, beat until smooth. Spoon filling around center of batter in pan, being carefully not to let it touch sides of the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool upright in pan 1 hour remove from pan. Cool. Combine ingredients for glaze until smooth, drizzle over cake.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13174581 - 09/10/10 10:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:lol::congrats::congrats:
Thanks Blew!
:lol:

OP:
Yesterday's Conspiracy Theory is Today's Front page.
(I can only relate this from my own perspectives but)
in 1998 I said "Evil has come on us and great famine and pestilence are coming." Boom! Off to the "sky is falling!/Conspiracy" closet even if backed by the union of concerned scientists.
in 2010 however, the thing has happened and when I said "Well it has not beat these approaches" Bam! Front page
I have been using plant antibiotics almost exclusively for over 10 years (to the rate of 99.9%) then "Oh nobody does that! You're the only one!" Now, "Organics are the "new frontier" of antibiotics and vaccines!" (MedScape Infectious Diseases Journal)

People are nuttier than the fringe themselves and it has nothing to do with accuracy or merit, it is just what is currently mainstream and what is not. It's a total monkey thing.
I am not saying that next year we will all know 9/11 was true and worship Terrence McKenna - I'm saying that presence in conspiracy theory actually has nothing to do with fact or merit per se.

Global warming not too long ago? Boom! off to the fringe box. Now? "Hot topic at the Pub! Come and enjoy talking!"

So I hope that helps ease your angst some. If not, nobody cares and the calls made are individual judgements of people who have the power to say "Nee!" and that's about that.

("We are the Mods who say Nee!, and we fart in your general direction! :lol: :lol:)

Edited by curenado (09/10/10 10:31 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #13175454 - 09/10/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
I made a post about a declassified government document, clearly a real document, and this is deemed a conspiracy and moved...but why?

you know that PMing the mod directly often yields the answers, it's a
plan that was never implemented, just one of thousands of scenarios on
intervention into cuba or canada or some crazy place, to use something
like this as 'proof' that the government intends to harm us definately
falls into the realm of tin foilery

Quote:

For Those of You Who Think the Government Wouldn't Harm It's Own Population
"Operation Northwoods: Declassified documents from the 1960s that discusses creating "terrorism" in the US, shooting Americans, bombs killing American civilians, hijacking airplanes, all for a pretext for war."

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: curenado]
    #13179452 - 09/11/10 10:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you all of you who posted sincere responses.
So if I'm understanding this right, really its up to the mod to make the call of what forum it belongs in based on the categories (like political forum, or science forum).  And I'm good with this except it gets a little grey when its in reference to a conspiracy. 
I think there is a great deal of ambiguity in reference to the conspiracy forum, I mean I see posts daily complaining that the subject matter was not conspiracy, or unjustly moved...I think a lot of the animosity towards mods would be diminished if there was a standard everyone could see that the mod has to default to to make this decision, rather than their discretion, which obviously differs with the mods.
Could we generate a standard algorithm or complete list of "conspiracy" topics so we can stifle this unneeded hostility and confusion? 
For example as one senior member pointed out the purpose of this site is based on a massive conspiracy to keep drugs that for the most part are harmless illegal.  The reasons of protecting the children and society are seen by many as ways to perpetuate the drug war to further the industrial prison economy, police and government budgets, control of US citizens and control of foreign nations (mexico, columbia,..ect)  Or news clips that pop up where there are conspirators of drug manufacturers who are busted...but these threads seem to be an ok topic in the pub...

Anybody else think that a standard should be developed and posted for everyone to see so we know what is inappropriate for the pub?  A standard that takes any bias a particular mod may have out of the equation...or at least standardizes the bias :smile:?

--------------------

Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #13179552 - 09/11/10 11:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There is a system currently in place. The forum title is sufficient.

If there is a forum for a subject, it does not belong in the Pub.

Political Discussions = not Pub worthy.

Science or Tech = not Pub worthy.

gatherings = not Pub Worthy.

See how easy?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #13179581 - 09/11/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what is the big deal about having a thread moved?

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #13179628 - 09/11/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

The mods are covering up the truth bro'! I've got the documents that prove it.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

#13179638 - 09/11/10 11:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
There is a system currently in place. The forum title is sufficient.

If there is a forum for a subject, it does not belong in the Pub.

Political Discussions = not Pub worthy.

Science or Tech = not Pub worthy.

gatherings = not Pub Worthy.

See how easy?

I said that exactly, but if you read on what constitutes a conspiracy is not so well known...

Quote:

novumorganum said:
what is the big deal about having a thread moved?

It's not a huge deal most of the time, I just would like to know exactly what is conspiracy so I can put it in the right place to begin with and not piss off the mods (even more?).

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

#13179662 - 09/11/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
The mods are covering up the truth bro'! I've got the documents that prove it.

That's pretty funny :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to figure out their definition of what is a conspiracy and what topics are taboo for the pub (like 9/11 truth...and...unknown facts about whodunit...ect).
I've seen probably 4 users complain in the past few days about this exact same shit and think this would be a relatively easy fix and get rid of a lot of animosity towards mods and provide clarity as to what threads belong where, and at the same time taking away the bias of individual mods.

I really don't see it being that hard to understand and it doesn't seem unreasonable to me...

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #13179668 - 09/11/10 11:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Check the Wikipedia list of "conspiracy theory topics" and if your topic is on the list, there you go.

Another way to tell: the Pub is for "laid back discussion".

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Doc_T]
    #13179689 - 09/11/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Is that the shroomeries official stance? and they stick to it then cool, but with a quick glance I see nothing about crop circles...and I don't think it will be that simple, but we will see.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13179771 - 09/11/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
and at the same time taking away the bias of individual mods.

ok, so mods shouldnt have an opinion? the pub should go back to fluffy
rainbows and gratefuldead video threads, all others should be locked,
personal opinion on topics should be stamped out where ever it rears
it's ugly head... I'm down with your new plan

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#13179795 - 09/11/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JackthaTripper said:
Is that the shroomeries official stance? and they stick to it then cool, but with a quick glance I see nothing about crop circles...and I don't think it will be that simple, but we will see.

we wouldnt want you to think we're conspiring to keep you
in the dark on what a conspiracy theory could consist of

http://conspiracywiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerys Stance on What Constitutes a 'Conspiracy Theory Forum' Thread [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13179858 - 09/11/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Damn man I didn't say anything about the shroomery conspiring to keep me in the dark... and you say the list is what a conspiracy could be, does that mean the shroomerys stance is anything on that list? Or does your "could" mean things on this list, except for some, and with the addition of others?
Or what are you saying? Do you have the authority to even say what the shroomerys stance is or are you just using your version (bias)?  While another mod can pick another list to choose from?

Is this so hard to answer with certainty because no official list or algorithm exists or will exist, allowing the mods to pick and chose so that the users are left in the dark in some of these grey areas?

--------------------

InvisibleJackthaTripper
MSME!
Male User Gallery

#13180478 - 09/11/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

And hey if nobody else thinks this is a good idea then scrap it! I just think that having a complete set of guidelines and definitions for what constitutes a conspiracy thread would bypass a lot of unnecessary thread moving or locking, hostility for perceived unwarranted/unfair mod decisions (which in at least one case personally I had two mods give me two different answers on what was ok to post in the pub), and it would give EVERYONE the mods and the users a guideline to go off so the posters and mods don't have to guess.  I think a lot of our basic disagreements in this forum stem from this issue, and it should be an easy fix; indexing subjects or types of arguments that automatically should be put in the conspiracy forum. 
I'd even volunteer my time to help this weekend if you want me to...because I feel it will save a lot more pain in the ass, petty shit in the future..

People that run into these problems, what do you think of this idea? Worth it to spend the time now to become standardized and uniform on this 'key' problem or just deal with it as it come up (which I think will lead to more of the same in the end)??

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder