Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
The Be-Do-Have Paradigm
    #1315228 - 02/17/03 07:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1316188 - 02/18/03 08:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting. This concept has intrigued me greatly in the recent past. The fact that your thoughts become realities and so on. Don't know if it was "God" who told Neal this, but it certainly seems like a good way to live. What are your thoughts on this?

The mind is extremely powerful... :wink:

Peace and Love
Andrew   

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Teragon]
    #1316417 - 02/18/03 10:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's a great way to live. If the concept of thoughts creating reality intrigues you, you should check out this site.

http://www.thegreatillusion.com/introduction.html

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Teragon]
    #1316447 - 02/18/03 10:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Self-improvement books. Not spiritual books.

They are about achieving goals. Neale does not have the guts to do the spiritual move, which would be questioning the goals.

And did I mention that I can prove that he is not talking with God, using only book three and a basic knowledge of Star Trek?  :wink:

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1316462 - 02/18/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that's awesome. I live by that. Once you tell yourself that you are something over and over, eventually you and everyone else will see you as that.

Nomad:
Quote:

They are about achieving goals. Neale does not have the guts to do the spiritual move, which would be questioning the goals.

I don't understand what you mean here.

Quote:

And did I mention that I can prove that he is not talking with God, using only book three and a basic knowledge of Star Trek?

How could you prove that?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Learyfan]
    #1316529 - 02/18/03 11:36 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't understand what you mean here.

If you want to become rich, Neale's self improvement books are probably a good choice. But I feel that a mature spirituality would question the goal of becoming rich. Or even the goal of becoming happy. Probably there are no goals? Don't know, something like that. I'm just rambling because I have nothing to do until I'm tired enough to sleep. Don't listen to me.

How could you prove that?

Heh, I hoped someone would ask.  :laugh:

I'm proud to announce that I'm the only one who ever noticed this. You won't find it anywhere on the web. If you should find it anywhere else, I will still maintain that I have figured that out for myself.

In book three, God says that not interfering with the will of another soul is like the prime directive used by "Kirk, Picard and Janeway". But the prime directive was only invented in the Next Generation series. When James T. Kirk was captain of the Enterprise, there was no prime directive. One would suppose that God knows this, since, as he claimed, he has "written half the episodes". 

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Nomad]
    #1316565 - 02/18/03 11:49 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

In book three, God says that not interfering with the will of another soul is like the prime directive used by "Kirk, Picard and Janeway". But the prime directive was only invented in the Next Generation series. When James T. Kirk was captain of the Enterprise, there was no prime directive. One would suppose that God knows this, since, as he claimed, he has "written half the episodes".

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man that is cool.  :grin:

Edited by dee_N_ae (02/18/03 11:50 AM)

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Nomad]
    #1316637 - 02/18/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I gotta admit, you've got something there.

It still doesn't change my belief that the CWG series is the closest to reality and most important spiritual paradigm ever put on paper. I just wish that Neale would have just said he wrote it from the start if it is fake.

Good detective work though.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1317627 - 02/18/03 08:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In life, you do not have to do anything.
It's all a question of what you are being.

You do NOT have to work to earn money, buy food and pay the rent; you just have to be. (Welfare?)

Yes, folks, all you have to DO is to BE wealthy first, then riches will follow. The law of causation has been repealed.

I should write some double-speak New Age books and make my fortune as the flock is ever ready to hear fantasy.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Learyfan]
    #1317634 - 02/18/03 08:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Once you tell yourself that you are something over and over, eventually you and everyone else will see you as that.

I tell myself that I am a tall, young man over and over, but no one is buying it. How many repititions or is the secret in the volume?

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: Swami]
    #1319198 - 02/19/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think its meant to be so materialistic...just a thought. :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

#1319202 - 02/19/03 12:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I read that recently from a link on a thread here. Was that you who posted that? If so, thanks for links...cool stuff.  :wink: 

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

#1322325 - 02/20/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's all a question of what you are being.

You do NOT have to work to earn money, buy food and pay the rent; you just have to be. (Welfare?)

Yes, folks, all you have to DO is to BE wealthy first, then riches will follow. The law of causation has been repealed.

I should write some double-speak New Age books and make my fortune as the flock is ever ready to hear fantasy.

Your ever present materialistic reductionist view is stifling.

Basically what this says is that happiness won't be obtained as a result of materialistic ventures. It says that whatever situation you are in, you should have fun make the best of it and enjoy it whenever possible. To be as happy as possible in the here and now. Having attained this end, you can work for whatever goals you want, and even if you fail, it won't be so bad because you have learned how to be happy with what you have (that's not to say you shouldn't attempt to get more).

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1323227 - 02/20/03 08:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Your ever present materialistic reductionist view is stifling.
What does it stifle? Your ever-present reduction of a person is somehow expanding?

Basically what this says is ... blah, blah, blah
Basically what is says is : "In life, you do not have to do anything." If he wanted your expansion, would he not have written just that?

This is a falsehood no matter how many words you use to "explain" it. In life, there are MANY things that one MUST do.

You remind me of the Bible-thumpers that want war. When I ask them, didn't Jesus say that to harm another was sin and that the ultimate law is love?

And they respond: "What Jesus r-e-a-l-l-y meant was ..."

--------------------

Edited by Swami (02/20/03 09:07 PM)

Anonymous

#1323231 - 02/20/03 08:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok bucko, I got my  on you. :wink:

And it's my good one. :laugh: 

OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
    #1323579 - 02/21/03 02:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I tell myself that I am a tall, young man over and over, but no one is buying it. How many repetitions or is the secret in the volume?

Swami start making friends with really old midgets and you'll experience being young and tall. And yea repetitions work well if you can believe what your saying is true.

Edited by StrangeDays (02/21/03 03:49 AM)

OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
    #1323642 - 02/21/03 03:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In life, there are MANY things that one MUST do.

Because Swami, that is what you have choosen to believe.
Why must we do something that we believe we MUST do ?
Yes, it would be a good idea to pay off my cell phone bill because I havn't paid it in 9 months and the creditors are threatening to take me to court. Maybe i'll go to jail! If I don't want to go to jail, then I MUST pay it but I don't have to, so I get sent to jail. In jail I get knifed and I die. There is no such thing as death and I am still apart of Life and Life goes on and I am still choosing and deciding what to experience next.
Fear of death is the greatest reason why people choose to believe that there are things that they MUST DO.

If your on welfare then your being needy. Stop being needy and start being wealthy. Money is subject that many people have crazy beliefs about that causes them to not have any.
They believe they do not deserve it, they believe they are not worthy of it, they believe that desiring it is greedy and they do not want to be greedy, they believe that if they want to Life a true spiritual Life they will have to give up all material
stuff, etc. So if you wish to create a Life in which you cease to experience lack of money start off by changing your beliefs about money. You are worthy. You deserve money.
It is not greedy to desire to have money. LOVE MONEY.
Use the 3 tools of creation. Thought. Word. Deed.
First become very clear in your thinking about what you want.
Think about what you want to be, do and have.
Think about it often until you are very clear about it.
Then, when you are very clearn, think about nothing else. Imagine no other possibilities.

Throw all negative thoughts out of your mental constructions.
Lose all pessism. Release all doubts. Reject all fears. Discipline your mind to hold fast to the original idea.

When your thoughts are clear and steadfast, begin to speak them as truths. Say them out loud. Use the great command that calls forth creative power. I Am. Make I-Am statements to others. "I AM" is the strongest creative power in the universe. Whatever you think, whatever you say, after the words "I Am" sets into motion those experiences, calls them forth, brings them to you. There is no other way the Universe knows how to work. Therre is no other route it knows to take.
The Universe responds to "I-Am" as would a genie in a bottle.

Harnessing your thoughts, excersising control over them, is not as difficult as it might seem. (Neither, for that matter, is climbing Mount Everest). It is all a matter of discipline. It is a question of intent. The first step is learning to monitor your thoughts; to think about about what you are thinking about. When you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts - thoughts that negate your highest idea about a thing - THINK AGAIN!. I want you to do this, literally. If you think you are in a doldrum, in a pickle, and no good can come of this, THINK AGAIN! If you think the world is a bad place, filled with negative events, THINK AGAIN! If you think your Life is falling apart, and it looks as if you'll never get it back together again, THINK AGAIN!. You can train yourself to do this.

-The G Man and Me

Edited by StrangeDays (02/21/03 03:38 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Be-Do-Have Paradigm [Re: StrangeDays]
    #1323673 - 02/21/03 03:55 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

First become very clear in your thinking about what you want.
Think about what you want to be, do and have.
Think about it often until you are very clear about it.
Then, when you are very clearn, think about nothing else. Imagine no other possibilities.

Tried that, then Shakira got a restraining order against me.

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

#1324770 - 02/21/03 01:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It dosen't matter how many words you use to refute the definition presented, it means what it means. Furthermore it makes no claims that you don't have to DO anything.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1324913 - 02/21/03 02:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Furthermore it makes no claims that you don't have to DO anything.

Huh?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology