Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: The perfect mushroom: Macrolepiota procera? [Re: Woombleshamba]
    #13138900 - 09/02/10 02:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I went back and the 5 from the other day were all dried and unhappy looking. I was sad and was kicking myself for not taking them the other day when I spotted a sixth that hadn't been there before (or at least not mature enough to be noticeable) and was in really nice condition. It has a really nice pattern of veil pieces on the cap. I took it home and am about to cook it. I'll upload photos later. :laugh:

I'm surprised that such a large mushroom is able to fruit right now. It hasn't rained since two Mondays ago and the weather has been over 90 degrees so it's quite dry. Is this a species that likes dry weather or is it just more tolerant than some others?

Edited by sve (09/02/10 10:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: The perfect mushroom: Macrolepiota procera? [Re: sve]
    #13146020 - 09/04/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

When I got to the spot, all I saw were sad mushrooms, like these:

But then I looked more and found this:

Everything was the same as the others and it printed white:

I didn't have breadcrumbs so I sliced it (there were no bugs to be seen, surprisingly) and cooked it with oil, white wine, garlic, and onion. It was reeeeeeally good. My plan now is to agar the bulb and the print and make gallons of LC which I can then douse the trail with.

Offlineobladi oblada
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #13146118 - 09/04/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Aww, I found these a few days ago. Maybe check the spot now after it rained yesterday?

--------------------
:shroompick: :regularshroom: :amanita2: :supershroom: :mushroomgrow: :mushroom2: :pinkshroom: :1up: :greenshroom:

Offlinesve
ape
Female User Gallery

Re: The perfect mushroom: Macrolepiota procera? [Re: obladi oblada]
    #13148073 - 09/04/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. Check the spot and if its the same mushroom, devour them. I went back today with a friend and they were dried from the sun but still in good condition so he took them and is going to rehydrate them and eat them.

OfflineLadyBytch
Gorn

Loc: Slovenia
    #17010141 - 10/11/12 06:38 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sve said:
Yes. Check the spot and if its the same mushroom, devour them. I went back today with a friend and they were dried from the sun but still in good condition so he took them and is going to rehydrate them and eat them.

Old thread, I see that... But:

rehydrate?  ...rehydrate a parsol?!

...rehydrate a parsol to eat it?!?! That's a good one!

If your friend have ever eaten a fresh good battered parsol he'd better mourn the dry mushrooms and move along, but if he had not eaten it ever before, and will hydtrate&eat them.. well...  good luck.
He'll just cloud an unknown supposedly superb mushroom taste with...  well... 
I realy don't know how to call it...    bad tasting&smelly goo?

Have you ever put a young parsol(yes, the bulb like one, yes macrolepiota procera) into a jar of water? You can do that but don't put to much water inside the jar for it to "bloom" or open up otherwise u'll just ruin the cap. It will just soak all the water up in no time and you'll end up with a soaky spunge that will deteriorate at the speed of light, and we're at goo again.

I do still want to grow/fruit them thoo...  :laugh:

Have some on agar with some nice growth...  still can't decide to try to fruit them indoors (I read it's a pain/ cannot be done) or just try to LC them and see if they'll grow "accidently" in the forrest&plains behind our house... could spray loads of LC "accidently" all over the place  hehehehe

It would take A BIT MORE time to see the results in the forrest thoo...  :P

A big fresh battered parsol... A full 20-25 cm size cap, 1,5-2 cm thick...  MMMMmmmmm...

I like to eat mushrooms, but I love meat.
I will still dump a good steak/ribbs/chicken/in_whatsoeverever_shape_meat_can_be_done a couple(as many as can be) of times a year for a battered parsol... 

Rehydrating a parsol for food would be like... 
rehydrating a dry egg (rotten years back) for food.

or a watermelon...

You do like eggs/watermelons, right? :crazy2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds