Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Valentine's Day & Romantic Love
    #1307999 - 02/14/03 10:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Type I

Is love passive?

Is it a feeling?

Joe to Mary: I love you. You are so beautiful. Translation: I have feelings for you because you are genetically acceptable and arouse my primal urges.

Mary to Joe: I love you. You are so big & strong. Translation: I have feelings for you because you are genetically acceptable and can protect and provide for me.

Joe to Mary: I don't love you anymore. Translation: You let yourself get fat. I no longer have feelings for you because you no longer arouse my primal urges. I can do better elsewhere.

Mary to Joe: I don't love you anymore. Translation: You are such a loser. You got laid-off and have not lived up to my financial ideals. I doubt your ability to provide for me anymore. I can do better elsewhere.

Type II

Or is love active?

Is it a choice?

Joe to Mary: I love you. You are so beautiful. Translation: I will take care of and support you because you have intrinsic worth and I gain pleasure and satisfaction in making you happy and helping you to grow spiritually.

Mary to Joe: I love you. You are so big & strong. Translation: I will take care of and support you because you have intrinsic worth and I gain pleasure and satisfaction in making you happy and helping you to grow spiritually.

Joe to Mary: I don't love you anymore. Translation: it is not possible to stop loving someone once you glimpse their essence. You may choose to no longer be with them physically, but this choice is not emotion-based.

Mary to Joe: I don't love you anymore. Translation: it is not possible to stop loving someone once you glimpse their essence. You may choose to no longer be with them physically, but this choice is not emotion-based.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Valentine's Day & Romantic Love [Re: Swami]
    #1308011 - 02/14/03 10:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Where have you been? This forum's been getting tad too metaphysical without you.  :wink:

I believe true love is a passive feeling, a connection that is built from a deep rapport between two people. If you choose to love I think this is more an infatuation, and mutual infatuation does not equal love. When you really love someone, you don't judge them, at all, not even on their appearance (though a lot of us choose our mates this way). Real love is a connection on a deep level beyond physicality.

As an aside, I had a dream just last night where, for the first time ever, I felt true love. It was the most incredible dream I've ever had, and I was perplexed how this feeling in a dream could feel so absolutely real when I've never experienced love ever while awake. I thought it was ironic also that I had it just before Valentines Day. Maybe my psyche is trying to show me something.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1308012 - 02/14/03 10:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i do believe in love, as a soul mate. someone who you are just connected too.
but very rearly do people ever find there soul mate. i think a soul mate is waht true love is like, and when/if you do find it, it would be like nothing you've experenced befor.
and it dosen't even have to envolve anything sexual...just pure soul connection....
ture love is something most people will never find.

but that dosen't mean i'm not ever going to date anyone, even if it is just a chemical thing, i dont' see there being anything wrong with feeling what you do...
it's something you can't help, so insead of trying to ingore it, and letting it eat at your brain. just embrasse it...

(not that your ingoring....just sayin)

:smirk:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Anonymous

#1308019 - 02/14/03 10:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That sums it up for me.

Eros versus Agape

I would like to hear Markos' opinion on this as well.

Cheers,

And stop being such a stranger around here! :tongue:

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1312670 - 02/16/03 06:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

:cue neil young's 'good to see you':

My personal definition of love is the one you labelled as Type IIType I is a very common occurrence in our country today, but it is not what I would call love.  I believe my mom and my stepdad are really in love.  Why?  Well, my mom got fat, old and bitchy, but my stepdad still loves her! :laugh:

I think I'm in love, too.  I couldn't imagine ever having sexual relations with the girl that I'm in love with, but I definitely feel that Type II kind of love for her.  I live with her, but (alas!) she has a boyfriend!  I'm just "The Best Friend."  :crazy:

:cue jefferson airplane's 'somebody to love':

Missed you, Swamster!

:cool:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1312763 - 02/16/03 07:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think it is important to note that this duality isn't real... it helps to categorize, but it isn't absolute. Most people subscribe to a combination of both "types" of love. Though, I also think that the particular "type" of love people have is directly related to their level of introspection. The more introspective a person is, the more they lean towards type II. And vice versa.

Then there's that whole Freudian subconscious thing...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflinetEarDroPsAlaModE
InterestingConcoction

#1312880 - 02/16/03 09:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A balance?
I believe love is a constant fluctuation betwixt the passive and active parts of our identity, an attraction/addiction type relationship. The attraction is passive love and the addiction is active love, but a perfect synergy of the two is true love. And even if its just for just one second, finding that special inbetween spot with someone, is as good as it gets.
( = No pun intended = )

A Heartless Romanticist DaySleeper found love with a Compassionate Essentialist DayDreamer?

--------------------
you have nothing unless you have nothing

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #1313023 - 02/16/03 11:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a scientific man and i enjoy to classify and order things. But love? c'mon.
When you are without love you become cynical. Its comforting to seek refuge in Jungian and Freudian theories. But why bother.

Just when you have everything neatly ordered it strikes you. Love. All those explanations and theories go right out the window. Your love for that person is all that matters. When I'm in love i do not question my motives, I don't care if i the real reason I'm attracted to that person is because she has great genetics or if it is because I'm just a horny son of a bitch.

Love is great.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order