Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUber
Wash ufungi,drive me tofruitenzi

Loc: DRC
popcorn jars: shake immediately after PC cools?
    #1312594 - 02/16/03 05:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Didn't see this in the tek.  I just PC'ed some pint jars of white popcorn which I plan to knock up tomorrow with some yummy shiitake WBS spawn.  Do I need to shake these up as soon as the PC cools down (which will happen in about 10 mins) or would it be ok to wait about 15 hours.  I'd prefer not to open my PC until tomorrow evening when I am ready to knock up the jars (with shiitake). 

Uber

PS: I only grow shiitake.  And I don't exist either.  Nor do you.  This is all just a dream, so reply to my post and pinch yourself and wakeup :wink:

--------------------
"The old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse becomes a ludicrous
statement when the laws themselves are rooted in ignorance"

- Adam Gottlieb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: popcorn jars: shake immediately after PC cools? [Re: Uber]
    #1312613 - 02/16/03 06:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think you'd have to, but I would. Why don't you want to open up your pc?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineUber
Wash ufungi,drive me tofruitenzi

Loc: DRC
Re: popcorn jars: shake immediately after PC cools? [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1312629 - 02/16/03 06:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I like to keep the jars in the PC until I am ready to use them so the outside of the jars don't get contams on them. The jars are going to be opened inside my glovebox tomorrow. I'm kind of anal about keeping things as sterile as possible.

I'm going to go see if the PC is depressurized yet, and if so I will shake 'em up. I guess it will be ok since I plan to wipe them down liberally with disinfectant.

--------------------
"The old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse becomes a ludicrous
statement when the laws themselves are rooted in ignorance"

- Adam Gottlieb

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
    #1312856 - 02/16/03 08:52 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

u dont need to with popcorn in any teks ive read and it doesnt clump or anything my neighbors friend ron has been doing a lot of p-corn lately and he said shaking isnt nessecary, shaked after incol thou but thats cause ron used sporewater i think

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

InvisibleWheedhead!
Test subject #1

Loc: Area 51
    #1312877 - 02/16/03 09:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Deprave is right. AFOAF told me only to shake popcorn when using multispore og liquid syringes (to get even colonisation) . He claims to have done alot of pop-jars, and never had problems with moisture when not shaking directly after pc.

But since i dont grow i really cant tell ya if this is true  :crazy: 

--------------------
I just  :heart: The Shroomery

Monkeys might fly out of my butt

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. "
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds