Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMeSaUsA
journeyman
Tek idea, and request info about straw
    #1312123 - 02/16/03 04:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Whats the best kind of straw? Feed grade? My plan is to use a paper sherder and shred up a bunch of straw then cut it in to smaller peices. I was then going to soak straw in bottled H20 with a lil H2O2 for a couple days. Then pasteurize straw soup in oven at 170 for 2 hours then drained like noodles. Spawn straw and wait. This was just a breif tek idea i am going to try i was wondering any ideas or comments

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Tek idea, and request info about straw [Re: MeSaUsA]
    #1312546 - 02/16/03 07:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think that it really matters what kind of straw you use per se. I am not sure what 'feed grade' straw is, but realize that there is a distinction between straw and hay. Animals usually eat hay, but sleep on straw. Anno has some nice pictures to distinguish the two, just do a search.

I think that putting the straw through a paper shredder isn't a great idea. I can see it being more disasterous than anything. If you've got access to a craft store such as Micheal's, they usually sell 'craft straw' or something along those lines that is perfect in size. You can use regular tap/well water for soaking, it doesn't need to be Avion for shrooms to grow. :wink: H202 is fine, overkill, but it won't hurt as far as I know, and in all reality probably won't do much. As long as you are pastuerizing correctly everything will be all fine and dandy. Other than that you should be good to go. If you need anything else, be sure to check the bulk section of the FAQ's, there is some very good info there concerning straw.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Tek idea, and request info about straw [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1312647 - 02/16/03 08:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What about pasteurizing in poo water? I was thinking this would add the nutriwnts of the poo into the straw. Will this help?

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Tek idea, and request info about straw [Re: resin]
    #1312664 - 02/16/03 08:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I imagine that it would probably help to a small extent. A lot of it is going to depend on the Nitrogen content of the water and how much of that water the straw is going to ultimately retain. Either way, it won't hurt.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation