Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSavageHuxley
Friendly Fungus

psilocybes in texas
    #1295454 - 02/10/03 04:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've been mushroom hunting for 5 years now and have yet to find a good specimen anywhere I've looked in Texas.  Lousiana and florida have been good places but living in texas I'm hoping to find a good area for finding shrooms.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? :confused: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: SavageHuxley]
    #1295564 - 02/10/03 05:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Whats a good specimen to you?

You've been looking for 5 years and asking to get pointed in the right direction!?!? :tongue:

Well, after 5 years, I hope you realized that you're going to have to look for Ps. cubensis, which grow directly out of the cow dung in pastures. You better get permission to hunt however if the cow dung happens to be on private property.

Do some searches on cubensis here, you'll find plenty :wink:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: angryshroom]
    #1296878 - 02/10/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, exactly what angry said. Ps. cubensis and research, that pretty much sums it up.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1300494 - 02/11/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

where in texas do u live. i live near san antonio. maybe we can meet up and hunt peace.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1300565 - 02/11/03 04:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey,
Im from Texas and there are a shiznat load of places to find shrooms.  The best places to look is out in the country (duh).  Take a dirt road anywhere there are cows near.  Park your car get out your trash bag and start walkin.  If anyone ask what your doing say your part of the adopt a highway program.  If you dont see any shrooms get back in the car and go to a different area. :blush: 

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1310024 - 02/15/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol, a shiznat?? where in TX are you finding this many to bust out a trash bag to collect the mush? If your anywhere in the H-town area or further down South I understand completely.

OfflineMexicanMushroom
Stranger
Loc: Texas
Yo Yo [Re: SavageHuxley]
    #1311635 - 02/16/03 10:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I live south san antonio. I love studying and research on shrooms. I have yet to seen one in the wild. I grew some out side one time but I have never seen a texan shroom.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #1312051 - 02/16/03 01:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in san antonio too, and I've never even had a shroom. If I didnt look at pictures of them all day, I'd think they were fake like that acid stuff : P

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1312603 - 02/16/03 06:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

heh i live in the DFW area and i havent yet seen an active shroom yet... i know they are out there. but the nearest cow field is off limits kind of so you know... i would say just go and look for some cow fields and start turning some shit over.

im sure there are a lot of different cubensis species in texas we just have to find them... and o... oooOoo how nice that would be :smile: :laugh:

--------------------
What?

OfflinePassmedagreen_02
Stranger

#1312677 - 02/16/03 06:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i live in that h town and i know one really hot spot need a few good men for the up and coming season. holla!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Yo Yo [Re: MexicanMushroom]
    #1312709 - 02/16/03 07:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hey harv and mexican do u know where la vernia is? if not then ur not the only one its a very small town. anyways we should all get together one day and hunt. pm me if ur interested. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1313412 - 02/17/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

LOL! You're not serious about flipping over shit, are you?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Gumby]
    #1313508 - 02/17/03 07:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

*shrugs* , fuck i dont know man lol, if i was looking for shrooms i would. i dont know that much about hunting, i mean i know they grow on certain trees. and by judging from your response i can tell myself "okay they have to be growing OUT of the shit".ive been hunting once or twice, found some coprinus? inky cap? hollow dirty looking shroom. took it home and then looked in the bag and it was seeping black goo everywhere. and then we went to this cow field and we found these plain white shrooms, real thin stem, black gills. they smelt bad and i havent felt any pics that look like them. after being around them i felt kind of a headache, slight  nausea so i tossed them. i need tp learn from the pros :wink: :wink: but then again thats another reason why im here! :smile: :laugh:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1313633 - 02/17/03 08:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, If you're looking for cubes and copes, I can tell you that flipping over cow patties is going to get you no where. I never really understood why people thought of flipping them... doesn't make any sense to me really.

The whole reason mycelium("roots" of a mushroom) produce fruit bodies(mushrooms) is to disperse their spores so that more mushrooms will grow. There really would be no point in producing a fruit body under a cow patty, because the spores would get no where unless something were to eat them.

Long story short, Ps. Cubensis and Copelandia both rely on air to disperse their spores... So all the mushrooms you are looking for will be out in the open growing ON(not under) cow paddies, you won't have to flip over anything or dig any holes. :smile:

There is always the posiblity that they could by hiding on crap in the grass(grass cover provides humid conditions that are good for mushroom growth), but you're not going to find them underground or under cow shit :wink: 

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1313657 - 02/17/03 08:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If you live in San Antonio there are several large dairies in that area.  Yes daries cow milk daries.  I know of a place outside of San Marcos a dairy that will let you fish in there ponds for a few bucks they have about 10 ponds.  So whhile you are fishing look around!!!!!!!  You dont have to turn the cow shit over they grow outta the top (duh again).  They arent in season right now but late march and early april you can pick black trash bags full!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :shocked: :shocked: 

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Gumby]
    #1313665 - 02/17/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey All you PPL arouns San Antone, I've been wanting to hook up with some people around here, check this thread out.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum16&Number=1303927&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineSmylie
Nada
Loc: TEXAS BABY
    #1314153 - 02/17/03 11:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i live on the gulf coast of tx by houston kinda and i find a shit load of shrooms in the fields and shit like that. I live in the country though so it is eaisier to find.
Smylie

Offlineebinbrady
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: ISH]
    #1314168 - 02/17/03 11:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dairies rule!!!! i picked a huge mush mush in west texas one time... i actually ran an experiment that returned great results... i went and took a spore print to a field. found a cow munching down on some grass and scraped off some spores onto the area that he was munching... came back every other day for 2 weeks and found 1 monster mush that was 18" tall and weighed in at about 45 grams wet... now, i don't know if i lucked out or if it was my spores... but dairies are definitely the way to go... especially if you get up at dawn and go search.... peace

--------------------
"i seen the guys walking around the neighborhood that took to much acid man, their head looks like a pumpkin"

OfflineSmylie
Nada
    #1315002 - 02/17/03 04:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well im from a little hole in the ground called palacios, an hour from houston on the bay and i find SHITLOADS of shrooms in the fields, down dirt roads, and places like that.  Go out in the country and if you see a road that has a cattleguard on it then more than likely there will be some on the side.  I have filled trashbags 1/4 way up with ongos around here.  If anyone wants to get something together for texas shroomers im down.  I go to austin, college station, and san marcos frequently so i can meet whereva.  Laterz.
Smylie :laugh: 

OfflineSmylie
Nada
Re: psilocybes in texas [Re: Smylie]
    #1315015 - 02/17/03 04:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Damm double post LOL, didnt think the first one came through.  Oh well.  My position still stands on all i said hehe.
Smylie :laugh: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies