Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
What has Salvia taught you?
    #1310479 - 02/15/03 06:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I want to let go but don't know if I can.

Salvia's message to me:

The Salvia entity seems to be trying to teach me a different mode of existence, one where we do not exist at any particular point in spacetime. However, I always end up fighting this and trying to prove that I do exist. I might try to be a thought, a "me" in a different reality, but more often I become a point on an inanimate object. After this I will telepathically trasmit something like, "Look, see, I exist here. I'm a table leg".

Right as I'm settling in and feeling secure with my existence as a table leg, the entity will do something perverse as if to convey, "Oh, that's you huh? Really? Well look now". At this point the entity will warp, distort, and tear down that reality only to reveal a new one where i don't have a point of existence. This is the worst feeling I've ever experienced. This cycle repeats itself until I return to my body. It is like dying over and over. After returning I feel rooted in a completely false self-constructed reality.

Miscellaneous points

1. All of my trips share a common theme and each subsequent breakthrough experience seems to increase in intensity.

2. Reality hopping, OOBE, astral projection...it's all there.

3. It seems while going up and coming down I sometimes get caught in a "broken record" loop. A thought or word will catch in my mind and repeat over and over.

Conclusion

I'm interested in the thoughts and opinions of experienced Salvia users. I'm currently at a point where I'm a little scared to continue. I was using yesterday and last night while sleeping I awoke terrified(around 6 times) into a "Salvia reality". It was real, as real as it gets, and felt like it could melt away at any second...think I'm going to lay off for a while.

------Quotes from Erowid reports I can identify with------

"It is a whole new mode of existence. I had always believed that radical modes of consciousness existed because it is my philosophy that infinite realities exist in infinitely diverse ways, but I never thought I could experience them directly." Random Access to Other Dimensions by Nate

"I got somewhat panicky because the ego loss here was startling..I was in a space where 'I' did not exist.. where I was a character in a story.. an idea but not a reality..and I was not alone in this carnivalesque space. It was as if my existence was a mischievous prank." Which of These Arms is Mine? by Cash

In the followng excerpt a user describes the hypnagogic phase of returning to one's body...to this reality.

"The reunion with myself was breathtaking.. as if I had woken from a dream that I had called life.. and here I was finally the dream maker and not the dream." Which of These Arms is Mine? by Cash

"I had not expected fear, but terror came with her and tho I sought a dying moment, she showed me a dying eternity and tho I sought to bring wisdom into the real, she tore the real from me and I was no more, and in unbeing, I lost my fear" Green Gnosis by Lizard

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Edited by rhizo (02/16/03 03:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: rhizo]
    #1310606 - 02/15/03 07:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Not sure Salvia has taught me anything, but refreshed some things I thought I already knew, or made them clearer.

One main thing I get from Salvia is the disalussion of this perception of 'reality' and shows how thin the veil really is.. allowing me to glimpse into higher states of being, albeit very breifly. Each salvia experience I have felt 'lifted' to a slightly higher state of consciousness, where I am able to perceive, experience and feel the connection between all living things.
Salvia has given me a 'reality shock' many times, by showing that this 3d world we live in is full of illusions and darkness and subconscious things all over the place, that there is more than meets the eye to our world. That our thoughts do create our reality and there are many humorous paradoxes everywhere, all the time. It has shown me this, and much more.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #1310818 - 02/15/03 11:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia is the most strangest....herb I have ever smoked. Definitely one of the oddest drugs in my book of course...Every time I did it, during the high, or the peak, I would get this mentality in my head that as if there were this thing where as if there were a sort of a triangular subspace field where I was out of place in whenever I smoked it...I kept thinking if I have to keep my head straight to the left or right while thinking that if I dont, I get this weird out of place and out of touch sense with the universe, all based on one simple little physical adjustment, like as if there were a force slightly pushing me towards the left but not physically, and I'd have some sort of psychological tug-of-war with reality as it falls apart temporarily, and concieve of the truly unconcievable, to the tiniest most infinitesimal detail, but with no profound logic whatsoever....yet disturbing at the same time....

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #1310823 - 02/16/03 12:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OHH And by the way....if you want a REEEEEEEEEALLY cool Salvia trip....smoke it when you're on a good heavy dose of DXM =)

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1311087 - 02/16/03 05:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would have to say that Salvia has taught me a lot and shown me many levels of conciousness that are otherwise hidden. The most profound experiences would have to be where I "wake" up in someone else's life!! Sometimes I will be in another body, in another place, complete with a whole new set of memories and thoughts! I won't even remember that "I" ever existed, or that this reality was created by a plant. Thats about the closest I've ever been to total ego loss or an OBE ( How can you have an ego if you forget that you ever existed! ) Then as soon as it starts, WHAM!, I'm back in my house and everythings fine, like it was all just a dream.  :wink:  Sometimes it can be pretty interesting stuff. Very dreamlike... 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1311121 - 02/16/03 06:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You're very lucky I can smoke a bag of Salvia with no effects - frustrating really!

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: Jackal]
    #1311157 - 02/16/03 06:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia taught me to research before I did a new drug. I never had anything but a little lightheadedness the one time I tried it, simply because the person who gave it to me only left me with a bag of dried leaves and instructions to smoke it out of my bong. I didn't know what I was doing and didn't even bother to look it up and wasted a rather large amount of leaves. This happened several years ago, but I plan to try again someday and hopefully break through.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: Jackal]
    #1311355 - 02/16/03 08:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Try extract

--------------------

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1311373 - 02/16/03 08:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I took the extract. And all it did was slap me with an indifferent hand... I felt like an idiot afterwards. I guess that taught me respect and to humble myself before I take it.

I doubt highly this was a break through experience. I will try salvia again. Im going to quid(<---i think thats the word.) the extract.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1311543 - 02/16/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oh jeez.....um yeah. I don't have a good grasp on what I've learned on Salvia, but it was very 'out there'. I instantly lost my ego and it seemed as if it erased all the memories in my head and defragmented it before putting everything back. I don't know why I was laughing histarically, but I was. As I was coming out of it, I say my friend and all I could say was "Who the fuck are you?" and then to the other as he was coming around the corner.

To sum it all up, I learned that you should be prepared before smoking Salvia. I don't think I was.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1313050 - 02/17/03 12:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What has Salvia taught me?
Hmmm..

I've had some "Dialogue" (entities) on Shrooms a few magical times, sometimes even on 1gr of libs which was highly impressive. But then again, hour after hour of consciousness undulating in all directions might be required..
No.
Salvia has taught me that Dialogue really is nothing that might be mentally blurry or the result of hours of meditation in Inner Space.
I partially believed there was such a thing as Dialogue but now I "know" it as certain as anything can be.

I can get off my ass to my bedroom, meditate, light up on Salvia 10x once, perhaps twice, and I know now that Dialogue WILL HAPPEN. Rite now, within 10-20 minutes. For someone shamanistically inclined this is immensely valuable. Wether it's Salvia or a part of my brain speaking is nonimportant. There's Q&A, there's Teachings, Clairvoyant things going on (objectively: on paper days before it happens), seemingly flippant remarks from beyond and even assistance & advice.
My most important Plant Teachers are Teonanacatl, Cannabis, Salvia and Datura and each is unique. But "There & back again" (like Bilbo calls it) in 5 minutes... Highly impressive.

And then there's the sensation of being in other places (mostly my house) and observing through my livingroom window (where my body isn't) that a red autumn leaf comes flying in and gently lands on my kitchen table. Seeing that leaf, knowing that leaf, BEING that leaf...
And afterwards I go there and the leaf really IS there.

Sure, weird stuff happens too, stuff that seems to have no meaning at all other than being cosmically funny. And I do love the tingling!
Open eyes have no value at all, nor is there reward in high doses for me.

50mg Salvia 10x inna pipe, sucking the lighter flame into it, holding it for like 20sec and dropping back on my matress, exhaling smokeless air, closing my eyes and drifting off into the Salviverse.
The newbie thinks "krakhed", the Initiated knows what I mean  :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
    #1313320 - 02/17/03 05:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it taught me that my life sucks. and that everything around me is just holding me back into this hell. and the longer i wait to get away, the less chance i have.

so basically, salvia taught me that im screwed.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1313344 - 02/17/03 05:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Each of my trips share a common theme: the systematic destruction of my "reality" (whatever it may be) and myself.

I turn into an object, usually very small. Once I was a zipper. I was once a peice of paint on the corner of the mouth on a small plastic fisher-price toy person. I always know exactly what I am at the time. This transformation comes very easily and I have no problems handling it. It feels natural to be in that state. I accept that I am not human.

There's always other beings around with me. Usually whatever friends I have with me at the time. Sometimes others, though. They are also transformed into whatever I am.

Then the destruction of reality begins. This I can't handle at all. I can let go up to this point, but not beyond. I am suddenly faced with the end of everything. This scares the shit out of me. Mere death seems like a walk in the park compared to THE END.

My world comes appart in unique ways. I unzipped my own reality. Someone pulled the head off the toy. Whatever it is, I can watch the tears in reality come towards me.

Sometimes the trip ends suddenly here, before I cease to exist. The times when it doesn't end here, I cannot describe.

What has all this taught me? I am not ready to let go yet. I'm working on it, but not yet.

Something else:
Quite often, on non-breakthrough trips, I get an intersting visual. It looks like whatever object I am looking at is flying away from me, except the object itself doesn't get smaller or appear to move. It looks like the space around the object is stretching out, kind of.

My room mate's computer monitor does something cool. When you first turn it on, for just the first second that the screen is visible, it appears to shrink slightly. The way it does this looks exactly like the visual I just described. If you look at the middle of the screen and turn it on, it appears to fly away from you without getting smaller.  :smirk: 

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: trendal]
    #1313349 - 02/17/03 05:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

trendal:

how do you use the salvia? whats your usual dose?

salvia has never taken my anywhere. ive seen things, but they're always views of my past, and it like they're being dissected, and im seeing how an outsider would view them. this is how it has ruined me, because i know the things that i do wrong, yet cant find the power to change them.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

#1313360 - 02/17/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My only MAJOR experience with Salvia taught me that if you are going to trip around friends, make sure they are GOOD close friends.  My friends and one of his friends who had come over right before I smoked it were sitting on a couch when I went up.  I had to sit up and scream "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" to the new guy because of a few reasons.  They had become dieties of some sort (the kind that ask if you want to go further, or stay that way forever), who were all like "welcome!, it's about fucking time!".  After the question was posed, I balked.  Then I couldn't answer the question anymore.  So I posed carefully thought out questions to my friends looking for answers like "what is this place, who are you, what would have happened if I said yes."  Their answers could have been interpreted DIRECTLY as if they were dieties from Salvialand.  Very bizarre.

Oh, and as soon as I got there, I felt a mexican woman :smile:
Mexican in a wierd messed up way, felt like Yosamete Sam's beard, or the Taco-Time cactus.

Then I realized the nature of the plant.  I walked in the shoes of the first man to take Salvia.  He/I was walking along when the Salvia hit with full force, and he dropped to the ground, face first.  BOOM.  When he hit the ground, his 'soul' just kept going right on into Salvia-land.

Salvia is chaotic in a way that I could never have imagined.  Best I can explain is with this picture I found.

Very enlightening though, very warm, very homey, very intense (if not THE most intense of all trips), very motherly (Lady Salvia = mother nature?), VERY hard to explain. :smile: 

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #1313363 - 02/17/03 05:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i just recently took my first trip into salvia-land, and im still trying to grasp all that happened...so strong, so fast, so different.....weirdest feeling i have ever felt and to know that i just barely scratched the surface with this plant is truely amazing. i am almost scared to try it again, but then again i am also excited and anxious at the same time....i want to break through and learn all that it can teach.

for the moment it has taught me that there are states of being that i never dreamed could be possible...like said in an earlier post, the ego loss was instant. and the tingling i felt in my body had a kind of gravitational pull to it, making every molecule in my body want to spiral down to the ground. it was intence....much respect goes out to this plant

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #1313445 - 02/17/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

or the moment it has taught me that there are states of being that i never dreamed could be possible...

I haven't used salvia yet, but I think this is what is so interesting about psychedelics in general. The fact that we are actually capable of producing and experiencing these states which are so discontinuous with our normal modes of living. It makes you wonder what kind of other realities exist which we couldn't even begin to conceive of or imagine. It's like Mckenna said:

"...what we discover through the psychedelic experience is that in the body, in the body, there are Niagras of beauty, alien beauty, alien dimensions that are part of the self, the richest part of life."

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1313513 - 02/17/03 07:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia cut down some of that internal chatter in my brain and reminded me to live in the NOW, like most psychedelic substances do to me :wink:

The only time you can EVER do ANYTHING is RIGHT NOW!!! and psychedelics seem to help me get closer to the present by minimizing all the hesitence and negative expectations and fears n things like that that sometimes get in the way of following one's plans

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1314529 - 02/17/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

salvia always sems to remind me that i should jsut be enjoying the moment i'm in, don't wory about the past, or the future, just the now.
i like it, it always makes me so relaxed, i haven't really broke though yet, but what i have experence has been very nice.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: What has Salvia taught you? [Re: minusrestraint]
    #1316182 - 02/18/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

minusrestraint: I've tried 10x, regular leaf, and now my own extraction (somewhere around 10-15x).

Leaf is horrible, if you ask me. I can get JUST as high on it as I can on 10x (I'm sensitive to salvia) but it takes a LOT more to get there. Salvia doesn't taste good to me. I have a lot of bad trips when I use regular leaf. I think it's just a bad way to start a salvia trip, choking down some nasty tasting smoke.

The extract I made is turning out to be my favorite. A small bowl, probably 50-75mg, is all it takes for most of my friends to get insane visuals. It puts me right on the edge of a breakthrough. Trips are much easier to handle with extracts. You take one nice toke and hold it in ten seconds or so. Then you have ten to thirty seconds to prepare for the high. You can feel it creep up because you are waiting for it, as opposed to leaf, which I am usually still smoking and coughing from as the trip hits.

I think I've found my sweet spot. I can smoke just enough now to get all the visuals I get from a breakthrough, PLUS the insane story line, and not lose contact with reality. Being able to watch my world disintigrate around me while still talking to my friends about what I'm seeing is fun  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals