Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Antidepressants [Re: golden1]
    #13102625 - 08/25/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:blush: I want AMT too! Wiki tells me the States is pretty much the only country where it is banned. Stupid States. :nonono:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlorida
Soul Rebel

Loc: Florida
Re: Antidepressants [Re: hpi] * 1
    #13102778 - 08/25/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hpi said:
Quote:

golden1 said:
get a lot of DMT and AMT. there is only a slim chance you could still hate life when you have them at your disposal.

I don't listen to hippies and I hate psychedelics.

Why are you here then?:confused:

--------------------

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: Antidepressants [Re: themostpurple]
    #13102869 - 08/25/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

themostpurple said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Quote:

hpi said:
I think I'm just gonna styart smoking a fuckton of 4 methylaminorex and methcathinone, I'll be a very happy boy,.

Are you really that convinced that your history of amphetamine binges have not worsened your depression? Are you also really that convinced that binging on different but similarly potent stimulants will make your depression better?

I swear to God I like my adderall but tweakers can be so uniquely retarded sometimes.

its called escapism, hes using it as an excuse to put any real life goals on hold, and wasting away in his own addicted waste may just be the only option he has if he doesn't want to have a positive impact on society.

Dude, go fuck yourself. Honestly go fuck yourself.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Antidepressants [Re: Florida]
    #13102889 - 08/25/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Florida said:
Quote:

hpi said:
Quote:

golden1 said:
get a lot of DMT and AMT. there is only a slim chance you could still hate life when you have them at your disposal.

I don't listen to hippies and I hate psychedelics.

Why are you here then?:confused:

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Antidepressants [Re: P-O]
    #13103304 - 08/25/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

(without reading the whole thread)

Maybe you're depressed 'cause your life sucks. Taking anti-depressants isn't going to change that, it's just going to cover up the symptoms while ignoring the root of the problem.

If you hate people and culture, maybe you need to take steps to surround yourself with good people and a culture that doesn't destroy your soul. How you should do this? I can't say, I don't even know you.

But what I do know, is that the roots of depression thrive in an unfulfilling life, not some bullshit chemical imbalance. Taking antidepressants isn't going to solve your problem any more than get piss drunk will.

You need to MAKE THE CHOICE to change your life into something that fulfills you.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Antidepressants [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #13103353 - 08/25/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

creatively live... maybe you can take up something like carpentry and be a new jesus, hpi.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Antidepressants [Re: hpi]
    #13103356 - 08/25/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have to say though, the hippie BS is kind of obnoxious if you've known anybody helped by antidepressants or been there yourself. They suck for some people but for others they can actually be quite helpful. They are probably overprescribed but I have seen them do good for people. It's kind of hard to improve your life using inspirational slogans when you can't find a reason to leave your room.

To say there is no difference between taking antidepressants and getting pissed drunk is :huxleyfacepalm:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Antidepressants [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13103384 - 08/25/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:yesnod:

agreed in full.

:macdre:

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

#13103488 - 08/26/10 12:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, what is causing your depression, hpi? like, how's your lifestyle..?

By the way, some antidepressants say that your moods might get worse, y'know like the ones they advertise? I honestly would get a script, never use them, and then ask my doctor if I could get a recommendation.

I'd tell them that I don't like the side effects of the pills. :stoner:

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#13103532 - 08/26/10 12:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I have to say though, the hippie BS is kind of obnoxious if you've known anybody helped by antidepressants or been there yourself. They suck for some people but for others they can actually be quite helpful. They are probably overprescribed but I have seen them do good for people. It's kind of hard to improve your life using inspirational slogans when you can't find a reason to leave your room.

To say there is no difference between taking antidepressants and getting pissed drunk is :huxleyfacepalm:

I mean, if the OP is suicidal/non-functional because of depression, then sure, maybe meds are the right way to go.

I wasn't trying to offer any inspirational slogans. I was trying to propose that the problem of the OP's depression may be more systemic than "I'm sad, a pill will fix that".

The only times I've been seriously depressed have been when I didn't have anything meaningful or fulfilling in my life, and I medicated heavily with pot and booze because it was the only thing that made shit tolerable. But when I felt like I was doing something meaningful (besides bullshit classes or a bullshit job), I felt like I could actually die without regrets.

And so I stick by my advice: make your life not suck.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#13103535 - 08/26/10 12:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

btw, using the Huxley face palm is super ironic considering the topic of medicating our meaningless lives.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineSillyString525
Much Obliged
Male

Loc: Dirty Dirty South Flag
    #13103799 - 08/26/10 01:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Wow lots of posts in this thread are pretty absurd. 

:2cents: about antidepressants is that they can make you feel better once you get used to them, but they are not a permanent solution to deep seeded problems.  I quit taking mine, and have been better off. 

My only advice (albeit shitty and cliche)  to you is to try and make the most of what you have and just keep hanging on tight.  Seek comfort in the things that you do enjoy.  Good luck hpi, I have always liked you even though you think my pics in ODD suck.  :thumbup:

--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

:gd_icon: Get yourself a powder charge and seal that silver mine :gd_icon:

Offlinethemostpurple
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Antidepressants [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #13103813 - 08/26/10 02:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
(without reading the whole thread)

Maybe you're depressed 'cause your life sucks. Taking anti-depressants isn't going to change that, it's just going to cover up the symptoms while ignoring the root of the problem.

If you hate people and culture, maybe you need to take steps to surround yourself with good people and a culture that doesn't destroy your soul. How you should do this? I can't say, I don't even know you.

But what I do know, is that the roots of depression thrive in an unfulfilling life, not some bullshit chemical imbalance. Taking antidepressants isn't going to solve your problem any more than get piss drunk will.

You need to MAKE THE CHOICE to change your life into something that fulfills you.

:thumbup:

--------------------
-_-_-_-

OfflinedeXtrous
complete tool
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Antidepressants [Re: themostpurple]
    #13103827 - 08/26/10 02:19 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My advice which I treat as gospel,

If you're really messed up, it's going to take a lot of time to get better, so if you want to spend the best years of your life, your young ones, as a normal functioning person, I'd seriously consider some anti-depressants or even benzos.

It may somewhat get you no where in the end, but as I said, if you value your time, I'd go it.

Offlineweathereporter88
Male

Re: Antidepressants [Re: deXtrous]
    #13103852 - 08/26/10 02:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hpi, id be willing to bet a dopaminergic antidepressant like wellbutrin may benefit you significantly. It has great tolerability and no sexual side effects.

Another id recommend is tieneptine/stablon which you can order on the internet everywhere. It increases activity in you mesolymbic pathway, your pleasure center. tieneptine also increases brain plasticity in key areas, and helps quell excessive rage.

Amphetamines or another upper may help, especially because you can personally speak to their efficacy. If you go that route, make sure you've tried some alternatives first and that if you do decide to try amps again, it is done so through a prescribing physician or psych.

Offlinextokex
Stranger
Loc: SoCal
Re: Antidepressants [Re: deXtrous]
    #13103857 - 08/26/10 02:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say setting is the biggest factor in determining who you are.
If you surround yourself with positive and successful people who are going places, then being happy with yourself and fixing up your life will become second nature.

I recently moved out on my own from a shitty and gloomy household to my University dorms.
I wasn't actually deppressed while I was living at home, but I just hated every second I spent there which made me really ambitious to move out.
Now life is much better then before mainly because I'm surrounded by young people like my self and tons of hot girls which motivates me much more then living at my old house which only had old ugly people living there.

My advice is to change where you live to a place which would motivate you to make something of yourself

Once you made something of yourself life gets way easier and it just keeps going.
I wouldn't fuck around with anti deppressants tho

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antidepressants [Re: weathereporter88]
    #13104086 - 08/26/10 05:57 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

weathereporter88 said:
hpi, id be willing to bet a dopaminergic antidepressant like wellbutrin may benefit you significantly. It has great tolerability and no sexual side effects.

Another id recommend is tieneptine/stablon which you can order on the internet everywhere. It increases activity in you mesolymbic pathway, your pleasure center. tieneptine also increases brain plasticity in key areas, and helps quell excessive rage.

Amphetamines or another upper may help, especially because you can personally speak to their efficacy. If you go that route, make sure you've tried some alternatives first and that if you do decide to try amps again, it is done so through a prescribing physician or psych.

I don't speak to their efficacy, I speak to their efficacy of getting me sped out which makes me feel untouchable, uppers make me feel happy but it's not real it's just my brain rushing on speed or whatever upper, can't just stay sped 24/7 anymore.

I quit speed over a year ago and have done very few stimulants since then, I couldn't be a tweaker anymore that shit took it's toll on me over the years of staying awake 24/7 and never being not sped. I just thought that a year later Id be feeling completely back to normal, I was feeling much better and way happier but now I'm just feeling very down again.

My worries with the antideprassants are for long term use, I don't know how they work long term, I know I can't just stop taking them but I also don't wanna be taking them for years or for life.

--------------------

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineJesusGreen
Silly Man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Poland Flag
    #13104135 - 08/26/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely don't go down the route of anti-depressants. They provide temporary relief and nothing more, the majority of positive effects most anti-depressant users see are actually placebo - and once you're done with them, it's a very hard habit to kick. My own mother has been trying to stop using them for 15+ years with no luck because of withdrawals. I've seen them ruin a lot of lives.

Find the cause of the problem, and treat it. Take a psychedelic, sit there, and let the demons come get you - think about all the pain, all the bad things in your life, write them all down, and spend an hour writing possible ways of addressing each one - reasonable addresses. For example, you might say you don't have enough reliable friends - the way of treating it might be to go out more and meet new people. Etc. You're on the shroomery and you're asking about SSRIs when the greatet anti-depressant of all, with the longest history of use - is right before your very eyes. Use it. I think it was you that said you hate psychedelics, that makes perfect sense, if you have problems in your life, a history of substance abuse, etc, the trip will bring those things up - and won't be pleasant, but it WILL help you find a solution, just don't fight it.

Trust me, it works miracles :smile: Speaking from experience.

Edited by JesusGreen (08/26/10 06:34 AM)

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antidepressants [Re: JesusGreen]
    #13104140 - 08/26/10 06:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'll pass of psychedelics. I can't do any psychedelics anymore, after my trips to Salvia space I just can't handle tripping anymore.

--------------------

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineJesusGreen
Silly Man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Poland Flag
Re: Antidepressants [Re: hpi] * 1
    #13104143 - 08/26/10 06:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hpi said:
I'll pass of psychedelics. I can't do any psychedelics anymore, after my trips to Salvia space I just can't handle tripping anymore.

Salvia is a dissociative not a psychedelic. The trips are very different, what may have confronted you in the dissociative headspace won't return in the psychedelic headspace.. Just so you know.. It's not the most pleasant dissociative either. I'm sure a low dose of shrooms would change your mind.

Almost forgot to mention the most important thing. Talk to people, make some new friends, or find some old ones you can talk about EVERYTHING with, and just talk, doesn't have to be about what's upsetting you, but it can be if you feel like it. Talking never seems to help at first - but I had some problems with depression a couple of years back and although I dismissed it as helping at first, it made a massive improvement.

Edited by JesusGreen (08/26/10 06:47 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder