Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
i have an asking
    #1310063 - 02/15/03 01:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

(haha just pickin atchya fugu) anyways, if my conditions are optimal, how long sould i expect half pint jars to colonize at 75-82 degrees f, with creeper, and brf/verm, i am going to use hipie neglect tek, but i have to do it inside a speaker box for concealment, so i need some advice on how to keep the jars at a high temp, rite now i have a heat pad for a reptiles cage, and two lights that are for closets, lil bitty 3 double A battery type lights, and these only bring my box to like 60 degrees f, cause my box is in the cold ass basement, so i need something that will raise the air temp about 30 degrees, i was thinking fish tank heater in a qaurt jar of water, or a bigger light source, like a 40 watt light bulb? anyways try to think of some heat sources for me guys :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: i have an asking [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1310124 - 02/15/03 02:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i thought that title sounded like fugu, lol
try wrapping a towel around the jars, and the heat pad around that, then more insulation around that .
maybe a bowl of perlite somewhere in there to keep rh up .

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: i have an asking [Re: deanofmean]
    #1310127 - 02/15/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

dude i need not rh, cause im not heating a grow chamber, im heating just jars, via hippie neglect tek, will humidity rot my speaker box, and why do i need rh you think, does it raise temp that much?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

#1310139 - 02/15/03 02:48 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

humidity will help distribute the heat and keep your jars from drying out .
and yes, will also rot your speaker box . :frown: 

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1310144 - 02/15/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i think i may just use a 40 watt light bulb, that should deffinetly do the trick on the heat problem, and if it doesnt, ill be busting out the 700 watt freakin spot light

--------------------

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

#1310159 - 02/15/03 03:05 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

perlite is optional, the main thing is insulation to keep heat from escaping .
also, a 15w light bulb will put out 115*F , 40w may be too much .

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1310186 - 02/15/03 03:31 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes you must have some humidity so the substrate doesn't dry out. Trust me with a heat rock it will. Unless you do something about it as the other guy said. Putting them in seperate containers helps.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: i have an asking [Re: SixCee]
    #1310301 - 02/15/03 04:47 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

uh im doing a hippie neglect tek, my cakes are never even gonna leave the jars, except to plow the feild, why would i need humidity when the jars are airtight, and the lids are all taped up?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1310324 - 02/15/03 05:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You're going to need much more air exchange in neglect jars than if you were just colonising. It probably won't be an issue if you dunk. You may still want to mist the vermiculite on top (I'm not sure if you remove that or not.)

They will definitely dry out if you don't do anything.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: i have an asking [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1310974 - 02/16/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

yes u need some humidity or yer gunna be disapointed, a dry heat incubator is horrible, finding a method to heat water seems to work best, just anything to have some heated water with some h202, as long as its not dry heat the jars are exposed to, especialy with invirto, beleive me dry heat sucks ass as an incubator

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies