Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Police state - the only way out...
    #1305753 - 02/13/03 12:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

..for your government which is typicall oligarchy to stay where it does not belong. Leading American people.

In other words.

Your government is not democratic. It is a choice between two same sides. Democrats and Republicans. They are not actual alternative. you can easily imagine they are one party. Oligarchy.
Now, in the era of the internet, the stuff that will bring us to direct democracy, the only way out is to stop this is "war". So they made up this war, to get the legitimacy for the censourship.

They will try to make you terrorist, if you try to avoid the censourship, or to use encryptic code, or anything "dangerous" (for them off course). If you keep it up, they will shoot you. In the complete silence.

This is the war for the freedom and democracy. This is not about osama or anything like that. bio weapon is a shit. Everybody has it, but it it is not going to be used. because it will mean dead for the civilisation. Wake up. this is IT.

Edited by Crobih (02/13/03 12:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: Crobih]
    #1305819 - 02/13/03 12:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

New Zealand is starting to sound real nice.........

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: Skikid16]
    #1305863 - 02/13/03 01:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

bout the censourship stuff

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1305873 - 02/13/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

To this day, I continue to wonder why people still regard "1984" as just "science fiction".

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1305896 - 02/13/03 01:11 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

we can fight it. we have internet

Edited by Crobih (02/13/03 01:11 PM)

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #1305902 - 02/13/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thats all fucked up.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: MushyMay]
    #1305941 - 02/13/03 01:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

no its not. the e-democracy movement has taken solid roots in germany and even in us. That stuff will bring us to democracy. That was not posible before the internet, casue capital hold mass media. and mass media made the public opinion.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #1309447 - 02/15/03 06:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Look man, America is ancient rome. Rome killed thousands of people to get land and resourses. That is what America is doing. Rome fell and so will america in a couple hundred years.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: downforpot]
    #1309460 - 02/15/03 07:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you are ignorant fool. this is the new age. when anybody can kill everybody. where more optimised system eliminates worse. the revolution is happening now. Even you are not aware of that, yet.

anyway, it is a question of day, not a century when the new order will happen.

yeah, its our decidion do we want democracy or 1984. I am giving my part. Cause knowing this I could not stand the fact I did not try.

Edited by Crobih (02/15/03 07:11 AM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #1309878 - 02/15/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

shut up, america will kill thousands and it will fall. I dont care what age it is.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Anonymous

Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: downforpot]
    #1309937 - 02/15/03 12:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

*millions.

and rome fell because it got too big for its own good. it was impossible to govern territories that were so far away in that day. with modern technology and a globalized economy, america can probably sustain an "empire" of unprecedented size indefinitely. i hope not though.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1310192 - 02/15/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Your government is not democratic.

look...you obviously dont know what a democracy is....

....de?moc?ra?cy : Pronounced; di-'m?-kr&-sE - three wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner

Prisoner#1

Anonymous

Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1311036 - 02/16/03 05:02 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

how do you think decisions regarding public policy should be made if not by majority vote?

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: ]
    #1311389 - 02/16/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Decisions regarding public policy are not made by majority vote.

Anonymous

Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: Xibalba]
    #1311546 - 02/16/03 09:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

perhaps that is so. but he was attacking the ideal of democracy. i was just wondering what he thinks a viable alternative is.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1312138 - 02/16/03 02:32 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i was just wondering what he thinks a viable alternative is.

I believe there is none, currently, and for this reason we are shit outa' luck. I don't think we're intelligent enough to make near to flawless system of government.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Anonymous

#1312153 - 02/16/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

unfortunately, with mass media, it is very easy to manipulate public opinion. with huge corporations, it is easy to buy politicians. there are problems with the system, yes. i think there are ways it could be improved though... but i haven't the time to get into that right now...

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1312296 - 02/16/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

i was just wondering what he thinks a viable alternative is.

I believe there is none, currently, and for this reason we are shit outa' luck. I don't think we're intelligent enough to make near to flawless system of government.

Yeah, I agree. On the one hand, democracy is the only system of government that gives the governed a peaceful means of deciding who their leaders are and removing those leaders who are a menace both to their own country and to the rest of the world. On the other hand, in a nation of jackasses and morons and the easily brainwashed, democracy is an absolute disaster. It's putting power into the hands of people who are totally incompetent to exercise that power wisely, and who keep electing one lying, corrupt sheister after another.

So democracy is far from perfect, but I still believe it is absolutely essential because nobody has yet to put forth a system of choosing leaders that will not eventually lead to even worse forms of favoritism, corruption, etc. Democracy is bad, but everything else out there is even worse. The only hope for democracy, however, is an educated, informed, and engaged populace. I personally think that the politicians in the US, at least, DELIBERATELY keep public education in a state of perpetual disrepair, for two main reasons:

--a well-educated populace is far more difficult to manipulate

--well-educated people are less likely to accept low-paid, demeaning, dirty, and dangerous jobs. The harsh reality of life is that, without having millions of people willing to do those jobs, society would completely collapse in about twenty minutes. Of course, those people could be paid more, but that would cut into the profits and luxurious lifestyles of the elite (to which most politicians belong).

My own personal pipe dream is that people who want to vote should have to get a "voter's license," just as they have to get a driver's license. The test for a "voter's license" would basically be exactly the same as the test that immigrants have to take when they want to become naturalized US citizens: it would test their knowledge of the US Consititution, the Bill of Rights, and major facts of US history. It would also test their knowledge of who their current elected representatives are. My personal feeling is that if foreigners have to take this test in order to be allowed to vote in the US, why shouldn't everybody else? Why should some illiterate asswipe who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground be allowed to vote for the nation's leadership just because he was born on this soil? People who don't take or don't pass this test will still enjoy all of the other rights of citizenship, they will simply be ineligible to vote.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1312980 - 02/16/03 11:04 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Polititions should do no more than draft bills.Then the bill is put before the people in a referendem vote.It's still rule by majority,just a little more pure.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Police state - the only way out... [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1313117 - 02/17/03 01:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

EchoVortex writes:

Democracy is bad, but everything else out there is even worse.

Exactly. The only way to make it less bad is to strictly limit the areas in which government may involve itself, through documents such as the US Constitution. Unfortunately, history has shown that democratic governments tend not to pay much attention to such limits, so even THAT tactic works for only a short while.

My own personal pipe dream is that people who want to vote should have to get a "voter's license," just as they have to get a driver's license... (snip)...People who don't take or don't pass this test will still enjoy all of the other rights of citizenship, they will simply be ineligible to vote.

A truly excellent idea. Sadly, I agree with your opinion that it will forever remain nothing more than a pipe dream.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom