Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Future Theroy
    #1309248 - 02/15/03 04:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think that in about 100 years (if we are still here), we will be mending man with machine for health reasons- and this will lead to immortality (to an extant)! We have mechanical hearts now, so maybe in the future we can replace all organs that malfunction. If this can happen, we could have a very long lifespan considering we could change out our 'parts' when they go bad. Eventually of course, one would die from brain decay or whatever, but if we can learn about how to preserve the human brain, we would no longer die from natural causes.

Does anyone else see this as a possability?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: Future Theroy [Re: Murex]
    #1309285 - 02/15/03 04:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's a definate possibility, but what happens when your skin and bones start to decay?

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#1309286 - 02/15/03 04:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Anything is possible my friend.. anything....

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Future Theroy [Re: fredthetree]
    #1309304 - 02/15/03 04:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's a definate possibility, but what happens when your skin and bones start to decay?

They would be replaced.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

#1309312 - 02/15/03 04:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that'd be pretty neat... every couple years, go in, get your skin replaced :smile:

think about the body-mods ppl would have :shocked: 

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
    #1309333 - 02/15/03 05:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

once that happens though, how will we still be man? humans are by design flawed. idk how to put whats in my head...

Lets say, we're 100 years from now and this is really happening. Would you like to live an unnaturely long life, with parts of your body no longer belonging to you? I would not consider having a mechanical heart, having my heart. I mean, teh journey is supposed to be passing into life and back out of it. If we worry so much over avoiding that passing out of life, we'll forget the joy of being alive. If we can't die, because we can just fix ourselves, the beauty that is part of being alive will fade.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Future Theroy [Re: minusrestraint]
    #1309412 - 02/15/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard of a theory related to this. Eventually, with the advancements in technology, microscopic machines controlled by doctors would be placed into your body. These replacements for surgery would repair and clean tissue at the level where decay and cancer occurs. I think this is called nanomechanics or something. Not sure.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
Re: Future Theroy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1309426 - 02/15/03 06:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah its nanomechanics or bionanomechanics. ive heard of it too.

i still do NOT like this idea

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

Re: Future Theroy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1309429 - 02/15/03 06:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, nanotechnology is some pretty interesting stuff :smile:  Pretty scary at the same time though.  Imagine nano-terrorism...

Ok, I think this is getting off-topic :tongue: 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1310036 - 02/15/03 01:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"what happens when your skin and bones start to decay?"

we'll just whip up some more skin n bones!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1310208 - 02/15/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

think about the body-mods ppl would have

I know I'm gonna have cooling fans with multicolored LEDs, a clear plexiglass side window so everyone can see my components, neon strobe lights wired to flash to my harddrive access, and a cool metallic blue paint job with matching wireless keyboard and mouse. Oh wait, body-mods, not case mods.... DAMN!

Well, I guess that could all carry over, just gotta make the strobe flash to my memory access or heart beat, and drop the mouse and keyboard....

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1310277 - 02/15/03 04:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Some people might not want this technology, but I think most will.

But maybe with longer lives, we can begin to use that time to understand the afterlife or other dimensions of contiousness. I don't think I would mind being biomechanical for a while- I could always have them 'pull the plug' on me if I feel my time has come.

:grin:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1310303 - 02/15/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It'll happen in less than 100 years.

InvisibleRoom4Shroom
 User Gallery

#1310408 - 02/15/03 05:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yeah its nanomechanics or bionanomechanics. ive heard of it too.

i still do NOT like this idea

What is there to not like about fixing cancer and dying tissue? What if it were your boyfriend/girlfriend/mother/father/best friend...anyone of extreme importance in your life, and they're suffering every single second that they live because of the cancer eating away at the only living parts of their body...would you still hate it then, when it has the potential to save that life? I know I wouldn't, that's for fucking sure

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1310450 - 02/15/03 06:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Some people might not want this technology, but I think most will.

But maybe with longer lives, we can begin to use that time to understand the afterlife or other dimensions of contiousness. I don't think I would mind being biomechanical for a while- I could always have them 'pull the plug' on me if I feel my time has come.

:grin: 

Most people are scared of new technology, or accept it with a negative non logical attitude.  But once it has been out for a while it will become as common as television today.  I love the idea of all this wonderful new technology such as nano technology.  I also think living longer will allow people to learn how to decipher their own nervous systems and learn more.  I think eventually we will learn how to become immortal and transfer human consiousness to silicon. 

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: Future Theory [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1310867 - 02/16/03 02:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a big believer in science. And i think that cybernetic implants is the wave of the future. However if we look at this in a long perspective, say thousand years.

What effect would this have on natural selection and evolution? Since machines would be doing all the dirty work evolution would seize to function. If we stop evolving, our dna etc would stop improving thus leaving us with genetic deficiencies and mutations that are not beneficial for us in the long run.

We would be cheating nature and no longer be in sync with evolution. Sure we will probably be practically immortal but who can really tell what will happen when we choose to not play by the rules?

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Anonymous

#1310879 - 02/16/03 02:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty vague.

Could happen, I doubt it tho. The technology will only appear if its profitable.

Anonymous

Re: Future Theory [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1310880 - 02/16/03 02:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Since machines would be doing all the dirty work evolution would seize to function.

Only we ARE evolving. Through machinery. So it hasnt stopped.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Future Theory [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1310920 - 02/16/03 03:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What effect would this have on natural selection and evolution? Since machines would be doing all the dirty work evolution would seize to function.

Correction, Evolution would have stopped, biologically - the body, for humans - not everything else. Think about it - we would no longer need to evolve our bodies and could persue brain evolution - which I'm sure you all agree would be excellent - and in the meantime, we wouldn't need to mess with nature to provide ourselves with the food, clothing, and shelter needed to survive. We could overcome these factors with machinery (sp?) and as a result, be helping nature by removing ourselves from the ecosystem so many societies like Green Peace are sworn to protect. No more cutting down trees, no more clearing land for homes - we could let nature flourish and be one with our surroundings.

The information age. It has arrived, and it has only begun.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Future Theory [Re: nubious]
    #1311520 - 02/16/03 09:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Right!

Since our bodies would be mostly machine, we would need less food and we could leave nature alone for the most part.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Anonymous

Re: Future Theory [Re: Murex]
    #1312015 - 02/16/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Bah. What is life without death? I believe if such things were available to me, I would avoid them for the most part. Where is the line drawn? Well, thats an ethics thing.

Bah. What is life without death?

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Future Theory [Re: ]
    #1312054 - 02/16/03 01:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I remain skeptic about that whole thing, until some kind of real, amazing shit happens. like a guy can upload his thoughts onto a text program, or transmit imagery in his mind into a harddrive. then we could truly get lost in the wired like in lain.

but damn im stoned.

--------------------

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1312159 - 02/16/03 02:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

See the anime Ghost in the shell.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1312363 - 02/16/03 04:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think we will definitely mend man with machine as Murex put it, but i think also cloning and stem cell research will also be heavily implemented. It could definitely extend our lifespans!

I mean once cloning is down pat they will be able to grow individual organs, "farm them" as such, and even match them to your own genetic material so there is no chance of rejection. im sure transplant surgery will also become amazingly advanced. Stem cell research will cure M.S, paraplegia, quadraplegia, huntingtons, ALS, so many horrible diseases will be "cured". Im not sure, but I think that natural body parts will always be better than anything man made (maybe its some psychedelic philosophy coming out in me there :smile:

Although I also wonder 100 years from now, how much bacteria and the other nasties will have evolved to take us on. Im sure we'll probably need all the advanced medical technology we can lay our hands on :smile:
The way anti-biotics are abuseed currently, the next 20 years or so, the current ones will be useless! (scary thought!)

Sorry, for taking it so off topic btw :frown:

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#1312387 - 02/16/03 05:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Eventually of course, one would die from brain decay or whatever, but if we can learn about how to preserve the human brain, we would no longer die from natural causes."

Yeah, just apply the same rationale to the brain. Eventually we will map all the brain connections and recreate them as software in a computer or hard-wire it all. Electronic vs Electro-Chemical Neurons could be millions of times faster, allowing us to think quicker and better by many levels of magnitude. Plus minds could be networked to each other and or vast stores of information...and memory could be perfect. Ray Kurzweil talks about this alot in "The Age of Spirtitual Machines".

It'd be like one massive and eternal shroom trip, thinking really fast and losing your individuality/ego.
i look forward to it. :smile:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: Future Theroy [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #1312992 - 02/16/03 11:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"It'd be like one massive and eternal shroom trip, thinking really fast and losing your individuality/ego.
i look forward to it."

Sounds an aweful lot like the Borgs in ST. Not my idea of a quality lifestyle.
ill keep my individuality thanks.

--------------------
--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Future Theroy [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #1313045 - 02/17/03 12:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hrmm, im thinking about how the struggle for power would translate into all of it...

at first the technology would be sold at top dollar, so only your friendly neighborhood rich scumbags would have it... thus creating even more of a class system and a rift between each other.
it would become uncivilized to not have this technology in your body, and the 4/5 of the world that couldn't afford it would seem more like animals than people.

of course the technology could easily be spread world-wide... every human on earth could experience a healthy life, but that would really hurt the market.

i dunno, im just rambling. i hate people

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Re: Future Theroy [Re: Grav]
    #1313099 - 02/17/03 01:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Totally!

--------------------
--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Future Theory [Re: chunder]
    #1314161 - 02/17/03 11:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Not exactly nano technology but, there was a man who was paralyzed from the neck down and had some kind of gadget implanted in his brain that interfaced him with a computer. He could type 2-3 words per minute through thought alone and he maintained this ability for the rest of his life.

The doctor who invented the device is continuing the research on them and improving them. He would like to reduce their size and implant 3-4 of the devices in quadripeligics.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds