Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineafrosheen
9Lives the cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Embossed spore print? I need an explanation. [Re: Doc_T]
    #13593416 - 12/06/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Controlled test would be to suspend the cap a mm or so above the foil surface and see what happens. That and an extremely sensitive microphone in close proximity to the foil to see if it can "hear" the spores hitting the foil.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekevbo
Manure Connoisseur
Male

Re: Embossed spore print? I need an explanation. [Re: afrosheen]
    #13593572 - 12/06/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder if they would sound like bombs dropping. But I'm sure someone is harvesting now.. why not just make a bunch of prints and NOT fold it over and see what happens. It has to be from pressing on the foil

OfflineMind-Rip
Strange-er
Male User Gallery

Re: Embossed spore print? I need an explanation. [Re: anonjon]
    #20834157 - 11/13/14 09:03 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

anonjon said:
The idea that the force of the spores hitting the aluminum and denting it is utter NONSENSE.

It's exactly what doc said. If you take a pen or something and smooth out the print you'll get this affect.

If the spores are landing on top of the cap, then how on god's earth can they also be plummeting to the aluminum with such force that they dent it. Ridiculous. :wow: :wow: :wow:

If you're that serious about it, figure out the maximum terminal velocity of the spore and see how much the impact force would be. I guess a spore reaches terminal velocity in about an inch of fall or less. 

Terminal velocity implies that it's falling at only one g with air slowing it down. So 25000 g's would make quite a difference.

--------------------
The mushroom is love.
The mushroom is life.
Eateth of the fruit body
And you will become one with everything.

Invisiblebabz89
engrossed:mycophile
Female User Gallery

Loc: PNW! Flag
Re: Embossed spore print? I need an explanation. [Re: Mind-Rip]
    #20834204 - 11/13/14 09:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh peaking my head into the forums again.:wow: The movement is so nominal and the matter in question so microscopic that mass/weight would have to be a factor here to achieve the desired outcome; or at least my pet hamster Dr. Hammy (including a doctorate in theoretical physics) says. ''this is the only relative data to achieve your goal.'' Too many formulas and expressions to attempt to give you a hypothesis as to why this answer is most likely correct... this suddenly seems like not a cult question anymore:psychsplit:

--------------------
"When the war of love overcomes the love of war, the world will truely be a better places. One love"Bob Marley

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale