Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
A stern indictment
    #1306986 - 02/14/03 03:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well as exhibitionism and voyeurism were playing out in a chatroom I do not participate in a young man dies.He is doing his best to impress electronic chatter on his display,and there seem to be plenty of bored dissafected children to play audience for this sad young man.
Ripper felt (it seems to me from the transcripts) that he was some sort of "hardcore" drug user (funny,most of the O/D was prescription eh?)and set out to prove it,well like so many "hardcore" he proved that drugs will kill you.
The transcript read like a bad movie script and the voyeuristic/sadistic/detached audience seemed to treat it that way,as if what Brandon were doing was somehow F/X not a fatal O/D.
So now everyone is scattering like roaches and playing third person games LOL. Don't you all realize that should by some strange twist you land on LEO's radar it will not matter if your friends gopher did the crime will it?
Brandon's death was a horrible tragic event,I can only imagine how the poor family must feel.But I also wonder why Brandon had so many prescriptions and if they(his family) even knew the danger of his prescription drugs or the way he was abusing them.
IMHO this is playing out like the kids who play on the construction site,despite warnings.Then a kid falls and is killed.The next thing you here and see is that "No I never played there,it was some other guys "gopher" " and the construction site becomes barren until a new group of ignorant kids come along.
So to all of you who are paranoid,well too bad,get over it you've been logging on to a site dedicated to growing hallucinogenic mushrooms,and it does not matter if you have been doing it for a friends gopher or not.
If Rippers death makes you feel nervous and fretful,prehaps you should look to your own lifestyle for similar traits.
All in all I have seen the worst of human behavior over this unfortunate incident,I've watched rats scatter and dissapear,folks talking like schizo nuts and an overall immaturity to reacting to the tragicly insecure Brandon's self inflicted demise.
Has anyone contacted the family to offer condolences or discuss the ramifications of the anonimity which contributed to Brandon's demise?I doubt it as fear of prosecution will prevent folks from doing the "right" thing.
In closing I say to you ALL if your balls are small stay in the hall,The new world has little room for cowards or cravens.And if you think all your 3rd person B/S will mean anything if the shit hits the fan....dream on.If you think running now will help....Dream on.If you think that society set up brandon's death then you are thinking.
So to LEO,Perhaps some investigation into the amount of prescription meds should come before his online habits,There are few scapegoats here.
With this I leave you all to work this out and I will stick to my life as it is and not get my gopher to front for me.I like SPS but the rest is fast becoming ...........FEH! WR

Editorial addition; This is my "philosophy" about this event if the forum mods feel this belongs in Site Feedback,please move it, but do not lock or edit it please! Thanx for the space to say my think.WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (02/14/03 04:49 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: A stern indictment [Re: whiterasta]
    #1309002 - 02/15/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't care.

I'm in Constantinople.

--------------------

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #1310915 - 02/16/03 05:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I heard of Ripper when I couldn't find the chat for a while and came and checked the boards.

I was one of those irritating members that had asked, several times, just WHAT were the rules of the hosted chat. I was told that the chat had NO rules. That, though the shroomery hosted it, it had no intention of policing it for policy abuses.

The continued "look the other way" policy of the Shroomery must end; NOW.

No more bot kiddies. No more allowing for the continued acts of stupidity to be encouraged. NO MORE CHILDREN ALLOWED.

I hold myself to some responsibility in this matter.
Having watched the Shroomery deteriorate I just stopped trying. I failed to continue my, normaly stubborn, one minded logical approach to ending the abuses I saw allowed in the OTD forums and the chat.

The current administration, instead of closing OTD and insisting on a more mature attitude by the MEMBERS, BURIED IT'S HEAD IN THE SAND.
The current adminsitrations answer to the tragedy???
"You should talk in the third person when posting".

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?????

The "philosophy" of this board is and always has been to disseminate HONEST INFORMATION to battle the LIES surrounding mushrooms and other drugs.

Well I'm waiting for some HONEST INFORMATION; drug abuse can and DOES kill.
This FACT should be addressed. It should be addressed by the admin and ALL members that have ANY desire to see people use drugs in a safe and sane manner.

Rasta, I have seldom agreed with you, on occasion, yes but not that much really. In this case I THANK YOU for taking a PHILOSOPHICAL stance on this subject and WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WTIH YOU.

Anonymous

Re: A stern indictment [Re: mr freedom]
    #1311296 - 02/16/03 09:38 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I could say a lot about this but I will try to keep my comments brief.

The indictment against the Shroomery is somewhat warranted but what is openly visible is not the entire story.

The current administration has been trying hard to come up with solutions that are workable and helpful across the board. There are various discussions about the mission of the Shroomery and what we really stand for. Some of the direction that has been taken is good and some could be better there is no doubt about that.

Perhaps the measures that have been taken are not enough. But do not think that the Administration has not thought deeply about these issues, they have.

This is a very serious time for the Shroomery. Currently we will probably be mentioned on the John Walsh show and a strong rumor is being circulated that Smoke2K, the member who baited Ripper into taking more pills and has been banned, will appear on that show with Ripper's family. For those of you who do not know about John Walsh he is a missionary zealot and his mission is to close places like this down and if he could pass international laws outlawing the dissemination of any information about drugs that did not have government sanction.

I personally think our days are numbered and I have been labeled by some a radical in this regard. Time will tell if I am right.

If you think good information isn't available on this site you are sadly mistaken. However, it does not slap you in the face when you get here.

Here is our disclaimer that you must read in order to join:

http://www.shroomery.org/disclaimer.html

And here is a piece I wrote and is found in the FAQ section under "Other Drugs".

I wrote this months before Ripper died.

"We live in a world filled with drugs. They can be used in smart ways or dangerous ways. Certain authorities, i.e. politicians, police officers, pastors, parents etc will often lie or be hypocritical about drugs. Many of your friends may use drugs and you may have opportunities to experiment with them yourself if you haven't done so already. Even though certain authorities are dishonest about the dangers of drugs they do not want used it does not mean those drugs are safe. All drugs are dangerous.

If you never use drugs you can be certain you will never have a problem with them. That is the only way you can be certain of that. There is nothing wrong with that decision and if you make that decision you might have more choices open to you than your friends who use drugs. Remember that if someone tries to pressure you into taking drugs. Others may think you aren't cool if you won't use drugs but you really will not be missing anything. Every experience you can have with drugs can be had in others ways. If you decided to experiment with drugs, whether approved or disapproved, make sure:

1. You know exactly what you are taking.

2. Where they come from.

3. How they will affect your body and mind.

4. What precautions you should take to contain their potential for harm.

Forming good relationships with drugs requires awareness and practice.

Don't use drugs unconsciously and don't spend time around people who do.

If you use illegal drugs remember the terrible things that being arrested can do to you and your family. On the other hand don't think the just because a drug is legal it is safe. Some of the most dangerous drugs are legal. You are less likely to have problems if you take mild forms of natural drugs by mouth now and then, and even more so if you take them for positive reasons according to rules you set for yourself. You are more likely to have problems if you take strong drugs often especially you take them because you're unhappy or bored or just because you have them or can get them easily.

Lastly, wanting to feel high does not mean they is something wrong with you. Or that you have an unhealthy desire to escape reality. It is normal to want to vary your consciousness. Drugs are just one way of doing it, though, and if you come to rely on them before you are mature you may not be able to appreciate a whole range of non-drug experiences that are more subtle but more rewarding over time. There is no question that drugs can make you high. But they are difficult to master and may fail you if you take them all the time."

So do not make the mistake that they aren't proactive on this issue, they are.

But we are human.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: A stern indictment [Re: ]
    #1311360 - 02/16/03 10:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You have one hundered and seven rates....

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (02/16/03 10:15 AM)

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1311406 - 02/16/03 10:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You mean the Shroomery is going to be mentioned on "America's Most Wanted"?  :confused:     

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1311608 - 02/16/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Brandon didn't die "on the internet" he died in his bedroom.

Some people just don't seem to understand the difference.

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: A stern indictment [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1311699 - 02/16/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

BH what you are not getting is even though Ripper was "alone".The web link will be used to place as many in the room with him as possible,as well as pursue those who provided the unmoderated,unchecked environment in which "The Ripper Show" was broadcast.This WILL expose and DESTROY the Shroomery.
Granted I am not privy to admin decisions,however I do know that when a "respected" member of a cannaboard gets in trouble there is community, fundraisers and support for the family.
Ripper gets to watch the rats run from that which he helped create and which ultimatly killed him.
Ripper's family I am sure has only heard from those they have tracked down.Where is the show of support for Ripper's family?
There is a lot of gall involved when people call a drug forum a community.It is much more like the phoney sincerity of a bar than any "community" I have lived in.
I find it terribly ironic that when I find SPS and a group of EXCELLENT minds I also find that much of the population of the rest of the site is younger than my kids and FAR LESS EDUCATED!
Mr.Mushrooms,It has been an absolute pleasure,Sclorch,Swami,Nomad,Papaver,Joshua,Moe and too many others,I am a far richer man for the short time we have interacted.To the Shroomery I bid farewell and Bon Chance.Perhaps I shall stop in to gourmet and medicinal from time to time and will check in on you MM once in a while,but on the whole I have too little life left to dabble in dookie except for my happy hobbies.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :wink:WR 

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1311947 - 02/16/03 02:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The worst case scenario would be if the shroomery gets alot of publicity, which attracts a couple thousand new dumbasses.

The Admins delete all accounts of anyone who joined after a certain dte, and stop letting new people in for a few months. Eventually it will all be forgotten. (By the public)

The Shroomery isn't in any way liable, neither are the other people who were in that chat room that night, because it was not in any way anyone's falt other than Brandon's.

>>>I do know that when a "respected" member of a cannaboard gets in trouble there is community, fundraisers and support for the family.<<<

Fundraiser for what? He's dead, not in jail.

All the stuff that's going on with the Shroomery and the admins, is probably ultimately pointless. In times like these people do things to make them feel like something is being done to make themselves feel better, and to hide from themselves the fact that nothing can be done. Eventually It passes, and they move on to the next healing stage.

I'm not sure what the next stage is, or how many there are.

Probably 12.  :smirk:

The Shroomery is far from doomed.

EDIT:

I'd like to confirm what Mr.Mushrooms pointed out.

I do in fact have little to zero knowledge as far as the law is concerned in this case, and I am not privy to what is going on in the hearts and minds of the Shroomery Administration.

Please don't sue me.

I will however stand by my belief that nobody has any reason to  feel  guilty about  ANYTHING.

--------------------

Edited by Baby_Hitler (02/16/03 06:37 PM)

Anonymous

Re: A stern indictment [Re: David_Scape]
    #1312188 - 02/16/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You have one hundered and seven rates....   

Thank you David. :smile:

People around here love me or hate me for what they think is right.  Ratings do not matter to me and yet I have been rated far more than anyone on the Shroomery.

Thank you for your kind rate. :smile:

Cheers,

Anonymous

Re: A stern indictment [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1312194 - 02/16/03 05:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You mean the Shroomery is going to be mentioned on "America's Most Wanted"?  :confused:     

That was John Walsh's previous show.  He know hosts a show called the John Walsh show which goes after certain things that he finds wrong with society.

His daughter was killed and he is a man on a mission.  He will use whatever tools he has to do whatever he can to shut us down and other drug sites.

The titles of his books are telling:

Public Enemies
Tears of Rage
No Mercy

Not a very good picture.

Anonymous

#1312196 - 02/16/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Mr.Mushrooms,It has been an absolute pleasure

Same here WR! May we meet somewhere sometime in the future, what there is left of it.

Anonymous

Re: A stern indictment [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1312214 - 02/16/03 05:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Son, you have no idea what you are talking about.

What is your background in law?

I have acted as an attorney pro se up to the Superior court level (that is right under the Supreme court).

What do you know about Internet law?

What do you know about the Administrators actions?

I attend the meetings in the Mod forum and regularly communicate with them via several mediums.  I know their mind on this.  You don't!

The Shroomery isn't in any way liable, neither are the other people who were in that chat room that night, because it was not in any way anyone's falt other than Brandon's.

The Shroomery may in fact be liable under negligence which is: "Failure to exercise the degree of care considered reasonable under the circumstances, resulting in an unintended injury to another party."

And the people that cheered Brandon on as he took mouthful after mouthful of pills are certainly liable!

Do some research before you shoot your mouth off about things that you know little to nothing about! :mad:

This topic is CLOSED! 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology