Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator
    #1303262 - 02/12/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Does the use of tryptamines violate my sobriety? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1303292 - 02/12/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Truthfully, anything that alters your state of mind can be considered a breach of sobriety. Be it cough medicine or cocaine. I don't participate in drugs, but enjoy my booze. And saying that I haven't met sobriety in quite a while, although I would like to meet him someday.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1303318 - 02/12/03 04:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Who cares what others think? It's you that wants help. If pot is the problem then just stay away from pot.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibletryptamine_skies
For MentalExtensions

Loc: Hicksville
Re: Does the use of tryptamines violate my sobriety? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1303410 - 02/12/03 05:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I definately agree with silversoul. Your intention was to overcome your marijuana "abuse", something you believed you had a problem with. Now I assume you have that under control, there is no reason you should not be able to reasonably indulge in psychedelic substances. Especially since there isn't really any question of addiction with these substances.

Of course you are altering your sobriety, but personally I believe it's healthy to do so in moderation. You are in control, and like silversoul said, you shouldn't even worry about other people. You did what you had to do for you, and now that you are through with it, you don't need to live like a robot.

- trypt

--------------------
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1304868 - 02/13/03 05:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Just like to point out that marijuana is a psychedelic (mind manifesting) drug... a mild one, but hallucinogenic none the less.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Does the use of tryptamines violate my sobriety? [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1305093 - 02/13/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

although weed is 'hallucinogwnic' its lack of intensity gives it a much higher capacity for abuse. i mean obviously its a safe drug and not physically addictive, but because it lacks the mind shattering capabilities of acid or shrooms, its easy to do it everyday as an 'escape' that can be hard to stop, and use often increases to many times a day. still. i love to and personally have no problem going a month with everday smoking to a week or two with no smoking at all. but i also no alot of people who have fucked up there lives with pot, and general laziness.

Anonymous

#1305400 - 02/13/03 09:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I remember those days Xone. You were REALLY cranky for a while.

Even though silversoul had a great point it still is technically a breach of sobriety.

Remember this Xone, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to alter your consciousness! I am sure that the people telling you that you are wrong alter theirs in other ways and aren't even aware of it.

Take care,

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #1305417 - 02/13/03 10:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1305555 - 02/13/03 10:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you have a good handle on what you put in your body, you knew when it was time to put a stop to the weed. I tend to agree with your thinking about tryptamines, they are a benefit to mankind and are not at all addictive. But in the end you have to be the judge.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Does the use of tryptamines violate my sobriety? [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #1305620 - 02/13/03 11:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

although weed is 'hallucinogwnic' its lack of intensity gives it a much higher capacity for abuse. i mean obviously its a safe drug and not physically addictive, but because it lacks the mind shattering capabilities of acid or shrooms, its easy to do it everyday as an 'escape' that can be hard to stop, and use often increases to many times a day. still. i love to and personally have no problem going a month with everday smoking to a week or two with no smoking at all. but i also no alot of people who have fucked up there lives with pot, and general laziness.

I don't disagree. I too once had a problem with pot. I have scaled back my use to no more than 2-3 times and often there are weeks between usage. I was just pointing out the fact.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1306902 - 02/13/03 11:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is interesting.

In my own life, and in the lives of many people who post on these boards, I see more and more examples of strong marijuana addiction that negatively affects the progress of people's lives. Certainly not to such a harmful degree as tobacco, but that is beside the point.

The irony I find is that the Canadian House of Commons cited marijuana as having "the same addictive potential as caffeine," which I think is actually underestimating marijuana's ability to interfere with one's ability to function. I suppose it's a good sign, though, to see governments making mistakes in favour of common sense. But on the other hand; if marijuana were to be decriminalized or even legalized in Canada, it's of the highest importance to ensure that carefully scrutinized data is available to those who regulate and consume it.

Marijuana is not all fun and games, but for the right person under the right conditions it's very liable to become an unhealthy passtime, or vice. Psychedelic drugs, though, are very rarely anything less than profound and immersive. It's not quite so easy to dabble with psychedelic drugs at a whim as it is with marijuana. While yes, in technical terms, using any conciousness altering drug constitutes a "breaching of sobriety," I would say that psychedelic drugs should be exempt from the most widely accepted definition of "intoxicating", that being doped-up and unawake. Psychedelic drugs more commonly fall into the opposite category.

Throughout the past half year of my own marijuana use, I've found that the events of my life greatly impact the way I view marijuana's place in my routine. During periods when I was particuarily dissatisfied with myself or my state of affairs at work, with friends, with parents and relatives, marijuana was used to soften emotional discomfort. In contrast, when my daily life was on a positive curve, I viewed and used marijuana as a tool of thought, of creativity, and a means of understanding ideas and situations I find difficult to grasp. During the positive times, marijuana use was naturally less frequent.

So when it comes to marijuana addiction, my perspective is this: The addictive potential rests more on the individual than it does the drug. That, in my opinion, is a notch in favour of marijuana having a positive role in society.

Best of luck to you.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Does the use of tryptamines violate my sobriety? [Re: Ped]
    #1307745 - 02/14/03 08:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Marijuana is dangerously addictive to some people though. But then again so is alcohol presumably. Probably not best to attach it to emotional comfort, that being a great way to become unable to handle real life and smoke it always.

Anyway.. legalising weed won't do that much but cut down on poor souls who get arrested for distribution and possession. I predict it to be an incredible non-event when it finally does happen. A couple of people will get addicted, but they probably would have got addicted to alcohol instead.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1307997 - 02/14/03 10:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My take: yes, tripping on psychedelics does violate sobriety.

On the other hand, I feel it is really a question of addiction.  Are you shoving mushrooms down your throat every chance you get?  Or are you eating them recreationally?  I cant find psychedelics addictive, no matter how hard I've tried.  :wink:  They end up kicking my ass if I abuse them. 

As long as you are out of addiction, I say you are doing the right thing.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
    #1310273 - 02/15/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There's only one person who can answer that question...
I think you know who that person is...
I would interject advice at this juntion, but I believe it could sway you from the answer...

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1310424 - 02/15/03 06:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, it does violate your sobriety, but it's up to you to decide if that violation brings positive changes, not negative.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies