Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
ultimate terrarium
    #1305708 - 02/13/03 02:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

my cat does not really want to fan his terrarium twice a day. after reading this:

he decided he would plan and build his own.

the only thing he really changed from the original plan is that he intends to make his completely air proof, so there should be some way of letting the air escape. he decided to glue an air filter on the outside to prevent contams from entering. the pumps would be on a cycle to turn on 3-4 times a day. think it would work. please feel free to give me suggestions. thanks      :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: ultimate terrarium [Re: sancho]
    #1305768 - 02/13/03 02:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hah sancho.
Perhaps you have not been looking hard enough on the forums.
I made up several of those setups, experimented, all WAY too high humidity for casings. That perlite is a huge overkill. RH is always 99%.

Search for "Whimsical Setup" on the Mushroom Cultivation Forums. You can see why that setup wont work for shit. It shows my progress but ultimate failure. Don't even waste your time.

However, I have a new setup that works like a charm! (well I hope) Everything seems fine. It's called "Allow me to introduce HANGING GROW CHAMBER (HGC)." Check it out it may save you some disappointment.

Re: ultimate terrarium [Re: daba]
    #1305776 - 02/13/03 02:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you insist on doing that though, you'll need a direct overhead light source. Here some pictures of what NOT to do.
By the way, if youre determined to cut a hole, cut a hole at the bottom, and don't make it too big. That filter's not going to work if its huge, and it's going to get soggy from all the moisture and may harbor bacteria/mold itself.

Here's a picture of the HANGING GROW CHAMBER.

Use that instead.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation