Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
No colonization?! help please... (yes, again)
    #1305513 - 02/13/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ok so, uh... my friend's friend's cat is trying to grow some mushies, put the brown rice flour and verciumulite in a tupperware, sterilized it (microwave) let it cool for about 10-20 minutes and then put the spores in.

It has been a week (exsactly) and there has been no colonization at all. The temputure was ussally between 60-70 but fell to the 50s a few times, never went below 53 tho.

Did he put the spores in to soon and killed them? The tupperware was cool enough to touch (tho it was warm) but I did not risk opening the tupperware to see how the vercimulite felt. should he just put new spores in or should he make brand new cakes? Or should he just wait longer?

Its 7 cakes btw

EDIT: haha, my bad dude, flour not flower, sorry I was in a rush of sorts to ask this question.

Thanks for the advise man!

"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Edited by Sombie (02/13/03 12:49 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
i have arrived

Re: No colonization?! help please... (yes, again) [Re: Sombie]
    #1305534 - 02/13/03 12:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I hate to say it, but you really should use the tried and true method of boiling your jars. If you haven't yet successfully completed the PF Tek, how can you start experimenting right away? You won't have any idea what makes it go wrong (if you fail) or what makes it work well (if you succeed). Usually the prerequisite to experimentation is a solid base of knowledge in the tried and true methods (PF Tek). Otherwise you're just hangin out to dry.

That said, you need to keep your temps up. The temps that you mentioned won't seriously harm the process, but they will definitely make it take much longer. You need to construct some sort of incubator to keep the temps around 80-84*F.

Wait longer (at least another week) and if you don't see anything after a week or two, I'd suggest starting over and following the PF Tek (or Anno's version) to the letter.

P.S. -- Brown Rice Flour

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation