Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
What if the next Bush is worse?
    #1302809 - 02/12/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think most people will agree that Dubya:

a) is not going to serve another term after this
b) wasn't elected in the first place
c) is a buffoon
d) is a puppet put in place to dance when someone higher up pulls the strings

With this in mind, what if the person who follows him is worse. What if, once he is out of the picture, the people pulling the strings put some nasty motherfucker in charge who will shamelessly abuse all of the new rights the government has thanks to the post 911 developments like the Patriot Act?

If you disagree with what I've just said, fine. Let me know why. Please don't resort to personal attacks. I'm so over that high school crap and I think most other people are too.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: MushyMay]
    #1302818 - 02/12/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i'm hoping it will be some one who reverses all these laws. but i know that really, your scenerio is much more realistic. i actually do think he'll be reeleced though, and he's waiting til then to abuse all his new powers.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Invisibleadrug

Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: zandorf]
    #1302833 - 02/12/03 01:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Or maybe we'll just be bypassing the whole election process from now on and Dubya can just be president until he dies. I'm sure if he had his way that would happen, not to mention we'd all have surveillance cameras in our bathrooms and microchips under our fingernails. I remember before the 2000 elections thinking "anyone but him"....

Anonymous

#1302939 - 02/12/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He'll be re elected.

Unfortunately, there is no other decent candidate. Not that Bush is a good president, but.. better to stick with the evil you know, I suppose.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1303386 - 02/12/03 05:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think most people will agree that Dubya:

T hink he should serve another term....in prison

Quote:

He was, clinton was elected the exact same way, electoral college, he opponents just didnt cry about it...

Quote:

c) is a buffoon

Baboon...maybe just the ass of one...those cheeks are just so rosey

Quote:

they all are....most folks are just too blind to see it

Quote:

With this in mind, what if the person who follows him is worse. What if, once he is out of the picture, the people pulling the strings put some nasty motherfucker in charge who will shamelessly abuse all of the new rights the government has thanks to the post 911 developments like the Patriot Act?

If you disagree with what I've just said, fine. Let me know why. Please don't resort to personal attacks. I'm so over that high school crap and I think most other people are too.

No flames....Look back in history to the '80, Regan and the IRAN/Contra shit...Clinton was involved, mena ark airport was the site for transfers of guns and drugs, Klintoon knew and was a party to it....Bush1, same kinda shit just better coverups....The Clinton Admin....I dont even want to go ther, the bastard shoud have been imprisoned for everything BUT getting the blowjob....
The new Bush....please make it go away, he is an even bigger nazi than clinton

and yes...it just gets worse from here....

Prisoner#1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: ]
    #1303392 - 02/12/03 05:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He'll be re elected.

Unfortunately, there is no other decent candidate. Not that Bush is a good president, but.. better to stick with the evil you know, I suppose.

Remember that when choosing between to evils even the lessor evil is still evil.

Prisoner#1

OfflineTwIg
Pariah
Male

Loc: IL USA
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1303814 - 02/12/03 08:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As a Christian, I'm praying my ASS off that we don't get anyone even remotely like Bush.

I'm praying that Moe the Mad Scientist runs. He'd get my vote.

~TwIg~

--------------------

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: TwIg]
    #1304425 - 02/13/03 03:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well you have to know that things are just going to get worse. Human society is and has been in a state of free fall. Its just that during these days we are near the end of this freefall, but we still have a little ways to go.

Trust me, pretty soon someone will appear as a great man, this man will solve the mid east problems and trick the earth. As bad as a lot of the US policies are, the people that live here will be the remaining caregivers for the world. There is a lot of compassion in most american people overall. I am talking wide scale here. Most of the Christians will know what is really going on.

Pretty soon there will be no question as to weather or not God is real. But I'll let you be the judge of that. We are headed for some seriously bad times, in biblical terms.

Most of the answers are simple, so simple that all you have to do is believe to recieve the truth. Most of the time people need to see something in order to be convinced. But part of the problem is that these people dont even know what to look for. So deceptions will be abundant.

I think in order to get the truth you have to go to a reputable source, and I would say that is the Bible. Now dont't get me wrong I am not being religious at all. I would even suggest to you that God hates religion. Its not about religion, its about life and truth and reality.

The things taking place on a global political scale are just shadows of the real conflict of the universe. This conflict has more to do with spiritual things, but it is very real. All I can really say is if someone comes up to you and tries to force you to choose something evil, dont do it. Even if it means death.

Pretty soon every Christian book store will be sold out. There will be a massive hunger for understanding.

It is scary, but I still think America will be the only place of refuge up untill the very end.

--------------------
----

OfflineDemon
A Drug AgainstWar

Loc: j00/2 m07h3/2
    #1304543 - 02/13/03 04:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

His younger brother Jeb Bush is the governor of my state, Florida. I hope he dosn't run for president, and mostly, if he does, that he dosn't get elected. If he does, he'll probably just continue this Bush Family obsession with domination over Iraq. All republicans and all other types of fascists just want domination. My two cents.

--------------------
"Sex is like a gun.. you aim, you shoot, you run" - Aerosmith

Come visit SacredShrooms.org!

Edited by Demon (02/13/03 04:01 AM)

OfflineDemon
A Drug AgainstWar

Loc: j00/2 m07h3/2
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Demon]
    #1304552 - 02/13/03 04:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

In fact, I'm gona put that statement in my signature

--------------------
"Sex is like a gun.. you aim, you shoot, you run" - Aerosmith

Come visit SacredShrooms.org!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1304554 - 02/13/03 04:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty soon every Christian book store will be sold out. There will be a massive hunger for understanding.

If you want understanding why not go to the only spiritual tools that came with the planet? Sacred plants? Why go to a manmade idea of what you must think?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1304969 - 02/13/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Holy shit that post was great, I liked this part the most;

I think in order to get the truth you have to go to a reputable source, and I would say that is the Bible.

And this one is great too:

But hey man, you gotta believe whatever makes you feel good.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1305098 - 02/13/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

****a) is not going to serve another term after this****

Not only will Bush win the next election but i predict a landslide.  Who's going to beat him?  If you REALLY know american politics then you should know that there isn't a person out there that can win.  But i'm curious who do you think will run and beat Bush?

****b) wasn't elected in the first place****

You aren't familiar with the electoral college are you? (the electoral college is part of our constitution) Since you're australian i'll let it pass. I love all these people who bitch at bush because they believe that he is violating the constitution and in the next breath say that the electoral college should be eliminated in the middle of an election.

****c) is a buffoon****

Not any worse than those that preceded him, including Klinton. 

****d) is a puppet put in place to dance when someone higher up pulls the strings*****

like who?

****I'm so over that high school crap and I think most other people are too.*****

Those that use the word "So" before a sentance should be banished to a life with the valley girls/guys. :smirk:

P.s. This isn't so much an endorsment of Bush as it is questioning your points

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (02/13/03 08:30 AM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1305148 - 02/13/03 08:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Valley girls give great head.

But I'm afraid, very afraid you are right when you say no one can beat him. Damn bullshit. Its not that he scares me, he's pretty harmless, its his damn cabinet. Iraq, Iran, and North Korea may be the axis of evil, but Rumsfield, Cheney, and Ashcroft are the trifecta of evil.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1305345 - 02/13/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Bowlkiller:
Quote:

I think in order to get the truth you have to go to a reputable source, and I would say that is the Bible.

The bible is a good book (obviously THE good book) and a great read too.  A lot of it is boring and I wouldn't exaclty call it a reputable source for much (it was written a long time after the events by people who weren't even there.)  As far as foretelling the future from the bible, you may as well consult a crystal ball.
Quote:

Personally I'd like to see every bookstore sold out.  The sad fact is most people either can't read, can't be bothered reading or don't like reading (I can't believe there are people who actually HATE reading :confused: )  I've had a hunger for understanding for as long as I can remember.  Now things are getting to the point where they are harder than ever to understand and most people feel safer with their heads in the sand.  What you don't know can't hurt you (ignorance IS bliss.)  Information is power but it's also a risk.  Once known there is no unknowing.  I'm an adventurer of knowledge and I don't mind taking risks to learn new things (although there are plenty of things that I know that I wish I didn't.)  Many people just don't want to know whats REALLY happening.  It does get pretty depressing sometimes.

Innvertigo:
Quote:

You aren't familiar with the electoral college are you?

No, I'm not. I'd love to learn more about it though.  If anyone could give me a brief rundown I'd appreciate it.
Quote:

Those that use the word "So" before a sentance should be banished to a life with the valley girls/guys.

I have to agree with you there.  I think my ticket to an eternity of torture is now sealed.  It just seemed like the right thing to put in a sentence about high school crap. :wink: 

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Skikid16]
    #1305382 - 02/13/03 09:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rumsfield, Cheney, and Ashcroft are the trifecta of evil.

Amen to that!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleadrug

#1305386 - 02/13/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous

#1305950 - 02/13/03 01:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c) is a buffoon

a) Yes he will
b) Yes he was
c) No he isn't
d) Could be argued, but I disagree

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1306111 - 02/13/03 02:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wouldnt you agree that he is not making all these decisions himself though? I mean, if he wasn't a George Bush 1's son, I dout he would be quite as involved with Iraq.

I feel that he will not serve another term. What GOOD has he done for the nation. Maybe its just where I live, but, we only hear about the bad things.

He has maybe made this place better for the rich....

Anonymous

Re: What if the next Bush is worse? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1306429 - 02/13/03 05:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He isn't making all the decisions by himself, but he appointed officials who would be best able to make decisions in their respective field. But like I said, this one is open to debate.

I'm also thankful for his tax cut... an extra coupled hundred Washingtons is looked upon favorably in these parts.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder