Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
DMT Extractions
    #1304106 - 02/12/03 11:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I know i could go to DMT world for help with this but I cant seem to get a password for my account as the e-mail i receved of them is just blank.

Ok so the other day in wonderland I asked alice to get me some Psychotria viridis say about 30g. Now I simple got the white rabbit to help powdered the dry leaves and added this to a pot of warm acid water (We used hydroponic PH-) I  then poured the filtered liquid in a container and I got the white rabbit to also do  this three times till the water was clear.

Next I simply left the fluid over night on a very low heat so as to reduce the volume of the liqued. Then I added some Naphtha about 125ml which I shook vigarasly for an hour so as to defat the solution, the neptha was then thrown away.

The remaining solution was then baseifyed and more naptha was addend the same again was done only the naptha layer was kept and rinsed with fresh water. This was then again seperated and the naptha was left to evaporate. Remaining was a fery small amount of brown gunk that didnt do anything. :confused:

I dont seem to understand what i did wrong the naptha layer did seem to collect a quite a lot of slimy gunk. Could the acid of base of reacted with sometinh in the naptha and caused this as the whole process didnt seem to be to clean.
So anyone got any ideas, by the way i am in the uk and stuff is much harder to get over here.

I am stuck in wonder land without a shovel I just want to go as deep as I can  :grin:

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (02/12/03 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: DMT Extractions [Re: EvilGir]
    #1305102 - 02/13/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I hope you didnt boil hcl in a metal pot, metal leaches into the water because of the muriatic acid. What was the exact temp when you evaporated using oven? You should have defatted a few more times, and you dont need to shake much or it's a bitch to separate. What color was it when you basified? Did you add base slowly? What did you use to basify? did you heat the naptha? How was the emulsion in this step? How many time did you use naptha during this step? I usually wait untill I evaporate around 3/4 or 4/5 of the liquid to wash it with water. I need details.

Male

Re: DMT Extractions [Re: EvilGir]
    #1305116 - 02/13/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

About dmt world, I guess they got paranoid after erowid was on the news and now they arent allowing new members, which sucks because i'm very interested in joining.

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: DMT Extractions [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1305238 - 02/13/03 09:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Can someone explain what "washing the naptha" actually means as SWIM did an extraction recently with no said 'washing' with fairly good results....

Male

Re: DMT Extractions [Re: amnesiaseizure]
    #1306431 - 02/13/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Usually when you have your final naptha ready to be evaporated it also may have small amounts of hydroxide (from NaOH) or maybe small amounts of other nasties. When you "wash" this liquid what you are doing is mixing/shaking it with distilled water at around p.h.8 or so and then seperating the 2 layers(discarding the water). This will help some more "contaminants" get out of the naptha before you evaporate it, resulting in a better final product. If you would like to test if this is important you can keep the water and instead evaporate it to see what if anything you took out of the naptha. This isnt in the "QT extraction method", I dont think that method is very complete if you want the best out of your root bark.

Jump to top Pages: 1