Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBowlKiller
----
How can enforcers be so blind?
    #1304439 - 02/13/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering: why are the people who are slated to carry out the whims of the oppressors so willing to do so? I am talking about cops and soldiers and agents etc. I know these people have families and everything. I just dont understand why they are so willing to break the constitution and commit crimes vs thier own people.

Do they think there will be some reward for service? I know that officers are usually hired because they have low IQ's, but I dont understand why there are people so willing to blast someone with cs gas at close range, or kill innocent people, etc etc the list could go on and on.

--------------------
----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1304455 - 02/13/03 03:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with mob mentality. I believe there was an experiment done in which test subject A was asked to answer a series of questions while subject B stood behind the one-way mirror and was instructed to push a button whenever the other test subject got a wrong answer. This would give an electrical shock to the first subject. Each time it was pressed, the voltage would go up. They found that when subject B was left alone, he/she would often let the wrong answers slide and go easy on subject A, but when a scientist was there with them, telling them to press the button, they would keep doing it until the voltage reached near fatal levels.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1304588 - 02/13/03 04:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I was just wondering: why are the people who are slated to carry out the whims of the oppressors so willing to do so? I am talking about cops and soldiers and agents etc. I know these people have families and everything. I just dont understand why they are so willing to break the constitution and commit crimes vs thier own people.

There was a survey of military personel done about 10 years ago at 29 plams in California....the gist of the survey was 'would you as a US soldier fire on US citizens' 29 palms

To issue a survey of that type should be telling the people that they are just as afraid of us as we are of them....

Quote:

Do they think there will be some reward for service? I know that officers are usually hired because they have low IQ's, but I dont understand why there are people so willing to blast someone with cs gas at close range, or kill innocent people, etc etc the list could go on and on.

blame it on the TV violence.....and rock music....it makes everyone do the devils work....or atleast thats what I hear from the propaganda box

Prisoner#1

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1307082 - 02/14/03 02:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea they are afraid of us, but only if we are armed. I really hope that more people are buying guns. I really do.

--------------------
----

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1307162 - 02/14/03 03:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yea they are afraid of us, but only if we are armed. I really hope that more people are buying guns. I really do.

oh...my...god...

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1307921 - 02/14/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Carbonhoots!  We think alike...

Must be that BC bud! :wink: :grin:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1307934 - 02/14/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

why do kids like apple jacks so much?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Anonymous

#1308024 - 02/14/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There is no way our country would be able to function if cops just did what they think is right. Cops enforce laws which you despise, and you bitch about it. But they also enforce many many more laws which I would think you'd agree with. If one cop decided that he wouldn't enforce anti-drug laws, another might decide he doesn't want to enforce anti-blackmailing laws. You hear about cops who take kickbacks and such, but there are also cops out there who will left a stoner go. The way this country works is that if you disagree with a law, you try to change it, not change its enforcers.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1308028 - 02/14/03 11:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There's actually a very interesting study that was done on this very topic...

I'm too lazy to look it up now, but they had volunteers come in, and they would have a dial in front of them, and there would be another person strapped into a chair. They would have to ask the other person questions, and when they got the questions wrong, they would turn the dial another notch, which would administer an electric shock of increasing intensity to the person in the chair.

The person in the chair was actually an actor, but the volunteer didn't know this. Something like 9 out of 10 kept going until the actor was "killed".

People will generally do anything someone with authority over them tells them to do.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1308984 - 02/14/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You should run the world since you obviously have it all figured out. :smirk:

How exactly are the cops and soldiers breaking the constitution?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Edited by mntlfngrs (02/14/03 11:14 PM)

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1314472 - 02/17/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

unreasonable searches is vs. the constitution

using military to carry out warrants and other police matters is vs. the constitution

------

I dont know much abut apple jacks

------

yea well I can see why you (and by that I mean anyone reading this thread) may feel it is strange or stupid to entertain the thought of americans fighting cops or the military in some kind of revolt. And to be honest your probably right. But, then again the politics that lead the enforcers is pretty fucked up and if you really look at either of the patriot acts you will notice just how unconstitutional things are. But then again I suppose we need "protection" from terrorists.

Well if you dont mind being subjected to a police state, thats cool. But when the military comes to my house to do a gun sweep I will most likely be dead.

--------------------
----

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1319729 - 02/19/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why are you afraid of guns?Get one,Play one.It's a little like a violin.Sweet notes,sour notes.It's all in the hands of the Maestro.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1320190 - 02/19/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Its not about enforcing laws. It that there are people who enforce laws that are not following the united states constitution.

Now regarding law you have to first have to answer "what is the law?"
Ok so lets try to simplify things since we dont have the time to evaluate many many laws (such as your black mailing laws). We could do this but for the sake of time lets just stick with something more universal.

So what is something very basic? the constitution and the bill of rights. Now what I am asking is why are people willing to enforce newer unconstitutional laws? (patriot act, patriot act II, etc.)

Now I am not talking theory here or something that you can not actually look up. I mean just look at the patriot act or the patriot act II or some of the other things that are taking place because of supposed terrorist acts.

Now I know that the only reason why anyone would feel like things are ok, or make statements like well you change the laws and not the enforcers, and well you talk about america as a police state but yet forget about other countries that are truly police states, etc. etc., is because you just don't know what is really going on.

Your not alarmed because you are not aware. Why are you not aware, maybe because you feel like reading a "long post" requires too much work so you wont read about what laws are in the patriot acts. You are the type of person that has probably reached your limit at this point in this very post.

So lets just look at one aspect of the upcoming problems, with the enforcers that push laws that are not legal.

For example, a patriot act law where your stopped at a required check point. And without cause you are detained, searched, arrested, your property is searched and damaged. Now under the patriot act no one is required to report that you have been detained, there is no limit to how long you can be detained, you do not get any explination as to why you were detained or searched, and if you resist based on your constitutional rights, you can be further charged as a criminal.

Now this is for real. This is really happening. I mean I can not believe my eyes when I see someone in this thread saying "what do cops do that is unconstitutional?"

Really, seriously, please, please wake up, think, and read.

And so thing like this lead me to ask why would a cop be willing to do this to someone?

And I understand some of the explination that people just do as they are told, and dont really think about it in authority situations. I wonder why? It is very strange.
It is also very sad.

--------------------
----

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1320202 - 02/19/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

actually, they didn't truly electrocute the person. they jsut had a guy scream like he was being electrocuted. and the test subject who was doing the supposed electrocution was told he was above fatal levels, and they all continued to electrocute to the point where the man was making no noise at all.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: How can enforcers be so blind? [Re: zandorf]
    #1320354 - 02/19/03 05:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

so part of the answer to the question is that its just a part of certian people to hurt others when told to do so simply because of duty to authority.

So the enforcers are willing to destroy lives simply because thats what they are being told to do.

I just wonder why would these people do it? Its strange.

Oh yea thats right some people dont think at all, they like to be drones and can not see through untruths. I know that a cop will feel like he is helping stop terrorism by doing unlawful things but, in reality the cop is helping terrorism.

Its so ironic and so sad.

What is even more sad is that a lot of people can look at information like this, and not even care.

I do know a couple of cops that quit because of rampant corruption.

maybe people will become more and more aware as things get worse and worse.

--------------------
----

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1320668 - 02/19/03 09:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

> maybe people will become more and more aware as things get worse and worse.

Not if the first thing that is getting worse and worse is people's awareness...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order