Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
it takes so long........
    #1304236 - 02/13/03 02:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

how long should an average 3/4 pints take to innoculated with b+ take to colonize? its been over two months and there is still a little left. my temperature for all my jars is in the high 70's. also, how long should an average creeper 1/2 pint take. its been 10 days, and all i see are little white specks everywhere, from top to bottom.

do grain jars take less time to colonize? what are the advantages of using grain? and should you just stick the grain in the jar w/out grinding it up? thanks a lot    :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
Re: it takes so long........ [Re: sancho]
    #1304249 - 02/13/03 03:07 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

how long should an average 3/4 pints take to innoculated with b+ take to colonize? its been over two months and there is still a little left. my temperature for all my jars is in the high 70's. also, how long should an average creeper 1/2 pint take. its been 10 days, and all i see are little white specks everywhere, from top to bottom.

do grain jars take less time to colonize? what are the advantages of using grain? and should you just stick the grain in the jar w/out grinding it up? thanks a lot    :grin: :grin: 

2 months is way to long for a jar to colonize, if i were you i'd birth it and cut out the, presumed, contaminated part. (maybe case it)
the creeper is a quick one....but it really depends upon the type of white spots, and if they corrispond at all to where you inoculated.

advantage of grain is that it's all food, and if you grind it up you'll need to use vermiculite for spacing purposes....normally if it's just grain you don't grind it up, you just cook it and then sterilize it, or soak it overnight and sterilize it.....one or the other :wink:

Offlineblackout
Microwaver
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: it takes so long........ [Re: sancho]
    #1304252 - 02/13/03 03:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

your colonising jars should be 80-85F. i think many people exagerate the speed with which their jars colonise, although 2 months is a long time, do they look dry?

grain jars may take less time to colonise. if you inject a good bit of honey water into 4 points of a jar it should be colonised quickly. grains can be shook to spread the colonised grain about so you wont get uncolonised patches like you get in jars. dont grind the grain. i much prefer grain, bigger fruits, higher yeilds. once you try grains and casing you'll never go back to cakes

--------------------
support the free spore ring http://fsre.nl/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation