Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Raising P for increased psilocybin production
    #1291289 - 02/08/03 02:07 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Have only just cased my first experiment with this theory,but I am fruiting cubes on compsted straw and High P bat and bird guano.Colonization has been excellent and casing is running with rhizomorphic growth.I expect pins very soon.The thrust of this is to create a fruit which is much higher in psilocybin content than psilocin for storage stability.I hope to acheive this by providing an abundance of P during fruiting to promote the phosphorylation of psilocin.
Am I reiniventing the wheel or could my wild scheme work?Whether it works or not the guano is an excellent addition to my substrate :wink:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePapa_Smurf

Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: whiterasta]
    #1291308 - 02/08/03 02:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

maybe I don't know what Ii'm talking about here, but I searched for guano and the following came up.
Quote:

Bat guano is a known carcenogen and should be avoided.

-Seuss

Should you be using this at all? If this is in error, and in fact you can use guano, where can you obtain it?

--------------------
"Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything"

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: Papa_Smurf]
    #1291404 - 02/08/03 03:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I get it at our local garden shop.And the cacinogenic warning is for breathing the dust. :wink:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleStainItBlue

#1291970 - 02/08/03 07:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

bat guano is very expensive..stick with the horsey poopey..whats wrong with that?

Invisibleblkrain
mycophreak
Loc: okc, ok
    #1292127 - 02/08/03 08:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

let us know how that turns out.. or me atleast

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: blkrain]
    #1292177 - 02/08/03 09:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i'm interested too . :cool: 

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1292187 - 02/08/03 09:37 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey does anyone know if Elephant crap works well my zoo sell that stuff for 25 cents a pound. I hear its good fertilizer. As for bat guano it has an extremely high nitrogen content may burn your stuff up. I dont know but submit your results for others please. For it only by failure that we truly learn.

OfflineKrayzie
PsychotropicEuphoria

Loc: Garden of Weeden
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1294759 - 02/09/03 08:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hey does anyone know if Elephant crap works well my zoo sell that stuff for 25 cents a pound

The biggest strain of cubes out there grows naturally from Elephant dung. I am sure that any strain could be adapted to use it after a few generations. But really it all comes down to what the animal eats. Find out what the zoo feeds them if you can, but I would imagine that because elephants eat so much...their dung would naturally be really nutrient rich. :smirk: 

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1294923 - 02/09/03 11:57 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i'm thinking the dung from meadow grazing animals is all or mostly digested plant matter...so dung being high in nitrogen. try mixing a batch with both high in P and N.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: felix]
    #1294932 - 02/10/03 12:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just built a blend of straw compost,high P fossilized guano,bone meal,kelp and have some GT's in it I also have them in straight WBS.I will take and powder 2g of each and age in air for several months and then bioassay.This should give some indication if alkaloid production can be loaded for psilocybin over psilocin.
PS the GT's germinated to visible colonies in less than 2 days on this mix and it took 4-5 on WBS.So far so good.WR :wink:

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1295810 - 02/10/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Most bats are insect carnivores.

Bat guano is way to hot & usualy will turn myc to toast. Chicken shit is also HOT & to much will also fry myc. You can bump up the "P" a little (&, I don't recomend bat shit for doing that). Just one iota of chicken shit, over the line & it will be counterproductive.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: SixTango]
    #1296151 - 02/10/03 09:06 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The fossilized product is LOW N and generaly much less hot than the HIGH N fresh material. That's the reason I didn't use the huge pile of dove poo I've been saving for the garden :grin:.As I said I have some going head to head w/WBS and it is winning so far.
PS it is an additive in composted hay along with bone meal and kelp not a stand alone substrate :wink:
I know the fungi will grow in the substrate :laugh: the question is what the end result will be as far as storage stability :confused:
IMHO cubes are one of the easiest most forgiving of all fungi(including beer yeast  :blush:)I have easily grown and fruited them on all manner of substrates including alderchip/chicken crap/paper pulp and have gone exclusively to alder smoke chips boiled in beer for germinating spores.I have found them to adapt to almost any substrates I give them as long as my sterile tek is good and optimal temp/humidity is adhered to.My goal is to have a pic of a cube fruitng from a copy of TMG or GGMM some day :wink: WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Raising P for increased psilocybin production [Re: felix]
    #1299091 - 02/11/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

depends on what you mean by high nitrogen.. excessive nitrogen favors some nasty bacteria so I would try to establish what %N you are going to have and compare it to the values Stamets has in his books.
peace

Whiterasta.... irie... try that high(er) P out and let us know. If it is the fossilized stuff then you shouldn't be running too hot. I would suggest test batch, test + some extra P, test + more extra P.
peace

--------------------

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #1302834 - 02/12/03 01:18 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

why not use ph down for hydro plants if Im not mistaken it has a high phospherous content. Only problem would be the acidity but that would be the same problem with bat guano.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1303248 - 02/12/03 04:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>>My goal is to have a pic of a cube fruitng from a copy of TMG or GGMM some day  WR

to make some sort of statement ?  :confused: 
surely you aren't suggesting ...  :blush:

Edited by deanofmean (02/13/03 06:42 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate