Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: LucidDreams]
    #1300343 - 02/11/03 02:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe its because god wasn't a human when he created the universe, and although the knowledge of god being inside us, we do not have the knowledge OF god, only the knowledge stored in the subconscious. I'm sure god had to learn how to create the universe just as we learn about our source, Earth.

--------------------
AH HA....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1300710 - 02/11/03 05:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, we help God/Creation to constantly evolve the universe through our collective experiences.

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1300934 - 02/11/03 07:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah power to the drug users!!  :grin: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1301076 - 02/11/03 09:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

From 2003 to 2012, we will be smacked with wave after wave of conceiusness. (of course if your not control mindfully) If my theory is true, we will start assuming a very god like position in our realitys.

Can you explain what you mean a little more?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1301080 - 02/11/03 10:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was just kidding by the way. I understand what you mean.  :smirk: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: enotake2]
    #1302152 - 02/12/03 08:57 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Im talking about god's power's

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=1231174&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I guess the difference in a person understanding the end of times, is that any fighting( resistance of anything other than control ) will only equal fighting. Perhaps be humble(like a modern day, gadi, jesus of nazerieth??), follow the mind's eye, and it will set you free.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1302297 - 02/12/03 09:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

follow the mind's eye, and it will set you free.

so you know.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: shaggy101]
    #1303198 - 02/12/03 03:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

indeed

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Anonymous

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Swami]
    #1305460 - 02/13/03 10:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I just had a shocking realization about this topic last night that came out of nowhere. With everything being one being, one entity, ie. God, Prime Creator, etc; that means that it/you/I are operating everything in existence at once, but we don't yet know it because that much knowledge would destroy us. What I mean is, if you were to become aware that YOU are also EVERY other thing/person, and YOU are actually thinking/doing EVERYTHING that those entities are thinking/doing, THIS WOULD DRIVE A HUMAN COMPLETELY MAD. And I have a feeling quite a few residents of your local mental institution are aware of this. That's why there is a feeling of separateness, as we can only handle operating one entity at a time (our "selves"). Everything else we are being, we are being at a completely unconscious level. So the process of spiritual evolution includes literally "expanding" our consciousness to include more of existence, and operating more completely as One.

This was the most mindblowing thing I've ever thought while sober. Sadly this won't be announced on CNN Headline News.  :crazy: 

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: ]
    #1305485 - 02/13/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

oooo, very good point. i'll have to meditate on this.
ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: ]
    #1305548 - 02/13/03 10:51 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see it like that....

I feel we're all just PART of this thing. Kinda like how a liver is part of our body, and how a molecule is part of that liver, and how an atom is part of that molecule, and an electron is part of that atom, and a quark is part of that electron and so on and so on.......

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1305832 - 02/13/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i thought about this subject a lot, and i think god is controlling some species lower than you. I mean, we control when the cows on the meat farm are born, fed, where they go, and when they die, aren't we playing god with animals we produce for food? God has control over what happens, and if you can gain that control, your a god in a sense. Thats only my opinion of course, but i also consider myself an atheist and think i don't need religion cause i have a concious that tells me whats right and wrong.

Offlinedjurg
Lurker King

Loc: Canada,Quebec,Montreal
    #1305845 - 02/13/03 12:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

When will you guyz realize that theres no god.

Anyway if theres one ill go to heaven wathever i do, cause god pardon everyone.

--------------------
Did God created humans or humans created God ?
Only God knows
So no one knows
Cause there's no God.

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: djurg]
    #1306032 - 02/13/03 02:08 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Can you elaborate on your point of view?

Thanks
ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: ISH]
    #1306076 - 02/13/03 02:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The reason why i don't believe in god, is that if there was a being with such incredible intelligence and power to create a whole world and all this life, and give us free will, then why would he tell us we have to spend all sunday every sunday worshipping him? I just think that if there was a god he would be a little more humble than that.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1306082 - 02/13/03 02:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The reason why i don't believe in god, is that if there was a being with such incredible intelligence and power to create a whole world and all this life, and give us free will, then why would he tell us we have to spend all sunday every sunday worshipping him? I just think that if there was a god he would be a little more humble than that

Your worldview and ideas of god are extremely limited. This world is but a small insect, on a branch of the smallest tree, in an infinite forest of much larger trees. God never said anyone should worship "him" on sunday's. Christianity did not invent God, and he is not exclusive to christianity. Many deny the existence of God, because they are limited to what they are told about God, which is typically a load of shit, with a corn of truth hidden somewhere inside.

Anonymous

Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: Remy]
    #1306100 - 02/13/03 02:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

If you believe in evolution then you would know we all evolved from the same thing..every damn thing in this universe came from something and that something from something else..it keeps going on like that until you come to the point of the very first creation...........god, or the basis for creation...the atom of the atom of the atom of the atom, etc...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1306167 - 02/13/03 03:16 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Really good question. Seriously good question.
I just finished a 600+ page book called 'Mysticism: Experience, Response and Empowerment,' by Hollenback. A University of Pennsylvania publication that I disagreed with in part because he lumped astral projection and psi functions, as well as non-universal forms of religious experience (i.e., Black Elk's visions) together under the rubric 'mysticism.' [It's a good thing that Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller, can sell a $99.00 text for $15.00!]

Ken Wilber modernizes an ancient Gnostic system of classification in a way that separates 3 realms of experience. That realm which he calls "Intermediate" is what Gnostics used to call 'psychic.' Spiritual experiences belong to a further realm. The point is that a preponderance of so-called 'religious experiences' actually belong to this intermediary or psychic realm, not a truly spiritual or pneumatic realm. Indeed, Radical changes across the intrapsychic board (morality, intellect, intuition, sometimes psi functions, faith) do result from genuine religious - spiritual - experience.

In the 1970's, and always under LSD, I had what parapsychologists call "Ring-like-a-bell-in-the-head" telepathy. On a couple of occasions, recognzing that I was 'hearing' someone's words in my mind, without the sensation of my ears (they weren't speaking), I repeated what I 'heard' and witnessed jaw-dropping fear from those individuals. In situations with strangers who would never have spoken aloud what I 'heard' in my mind, I kept my mouth shut. These experiences had nothing to do with any concommitant increase in compassion, or morality, or faith. The point being, that 'psychic' experiences are certainly of a different order than 'physical' sensory experiences, but they are far removed from the kind of 'spiritual' experiences that change all those dimensions that one would expect from a truly religious experience. Those kinds of experiences changed me into the strange creation that you meet through these posts. I was quite different before the spiritual realm entered into my rather materialistic psyche.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: If we believe that we are God... [Re: shaggy101]
    #1307371 - 02/14/03 05:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

oh sorry man didn't mean to be rude, i don't know what will happen i can only guess, but its true to me though.

--------------------

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
    #1307398 - 02/14/03 05:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was just thinking about something kida wierd... excuse me if this doesn't really fit into the converstion!

When I started smoking weed & drinking, I used to think that I was going to hell because I was doing all kinds of bad shit.  But, when I tripped for the first time I started thinking about things in a was that I never had before.  Now, I kind of think that if there is a God he is the one that put the drugs on the earth & that he either inteded us to use them or they are supposed to be a temptation that we are not supposed to fall for.  But the way I thought of it was that he gave us these things to use to broaden our thoughts... to open our minds & to think beyond our wildest imagination & think of things you might never think of in a sober state! 

Does anyone think thismakes sense or am I just rambling about nothing?  :crazy: 

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom