Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next
    #13020235 - 08/08/10 01:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Im starting to get a little concerned with myself. I was depressed for a while and the depression has pretty much gone away. But now, it seems like im happy one minute and depressed the next. In the morning I might wake up suicidal and by the end of the day be happy and outgoing. Somedays i might be on the verge of an anxiety  attack, with no depression or severe depression. For a week I might be happy normal and talkative, then I might wake up or maybe even in the middle of a sentence become depressed. I know your thinking...get help and all. Or you have bipolar disorder. But no one has noticed anything odd when im happy and talkative(like you would if you were going through mania). I can still lead a normal life, I still have friends, and am somewhat successful. This has been going on for a while, and I just dont know what to do. Sometimes the depression is really deep, but then it goes away and I think I am fine...I go about my day and life. I have no reason to be depressed, other times im philosophically depressed, like an existential crisis sort of thing, liek life has no meaning, Im fooling myself trying to become rich. That people are fake being manipulated by the chemicals in their brain, sometimes things seem really mechanistic, and it makes me very depressed. Suicidally depressed, but it also seems like the truth. That were animals intelligent enough to realize the futility of existence. I dont know what to do. I cant carry on like this.

It scares me because things have been like this for a long time, and it wears down on me. I know i should seek help, but what could this be? I dont think bipolar...i can still carry on with my life, fake a socially meaningful conversation, and pas school. Im at my end though, Im happy now and am forcing myslef to think about "the other side" or the dark side of me. help, I hate this post and myslef i dont know what to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: Xpatriot]
    #13020333 - 08/08/10 02:44 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

When you find a cure hit me up.

Anonymous #1

#13020338 - 08/08/10 02:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i sometimes feel like this. my emotions can change drastically over the course of a few hours. 

are you smoking weed/doing any drugs??  that can certainly make a difference

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#13020379 - 08/08/10 03:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i would guess depression before bipolar (as contrary to popular belief bipolar depression is usually lengthy periods of manic periods, followed by depression)

as last poster asked, whats your drug intake like? also have you ever been diagnosed with anything before, or anyone in your immediate family? Personally id recommend some self help books, maybe try a supplement like 5HTP (read up on it before ingesting, especially drug interactions) for a while with some exercize.

self help books do wonders man, a lot of this inner stuff is a matter of perspective. train yourself to think in a more productive way, eventually your mind (neurons) adopts that behavior of thinking in the more productive way and abandons the other way. go to barnes n noble, see if there is something that sticks out to you.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinehobosapian
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: ManianFH]
    #13020580 - 08/08/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i used to get the exact same thing! it eventually went away for me.the best thing you can do is distract yourself.the longer you go without being depressed the less likely it is to come back

Offlinesaxcidjazz
Male

Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: hobosapian]
    #13021081 - 08/08/10 10:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm no doctor but I have happened into having an inordinate number of friends with mood disorders and there's at least 3 levels of bipolar depression.  Only one has sustained manic episodes.  If you're worried about it I would see a psych and at least get evaluated for peace of mind.  You'll be fine my friend, stay positive.

OfflineAnxietyDrive
Aspiring Psychologist
Male

#13022507 - 08/08/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think Mick has some good points, and I'd be willing to bet that you're suffering from depression, although I'm not in a position to diagnose you, nor would I if I could. But I really hope that your family and close friends aren't screaming bi-polar disorder, because just having that label leads to a lot of negative consequences. If they are ignore it.

At any rate, follow the advice above, including Micks. If you want better advice here you'll also need to divulge more information concerning the drugs you're currently using (including prescription meds). And what kind of food do you eat, what kind of sleep, how is your social life, how is your sexual life, and how much exercise do you get? All these things play a role in HOW you feel, and it is also very important that you learn to pay attention to the needs of your body, which also revolves around the questions I asked.

Here's some additional advice until you can explain more of your situation.

1. Stop hanging around negative and depressed people.

2. continuously stimulate your mind; but read positive materiel if possible. Not many people mention this, but reading a lot of philosophy can actually cause existential angst. I speak from experience.

3. Don't self-label with any disease or mental illness. This can actually perpetuate your negative thoughts...and once a negative thought occurs, if you've already labled yourself, you'll chase that thought and become anxious and more depressed.

4. Generally if you're depressed, you'll want to sleep more. But this only works against you. Try to get up and be active. If you sleep all day, it causes your family and friends to worry about you, in turn causing you to worry more about yourself.

5. You're your own worst enemy, and as far as depression is concerned, if you stick yourself into the victim mentality role it almost never goes away. Your own sadness feeds back into itself because you've made up your mind that "you can't help it." This is never true though, simply for the fact that negative thinking patterns love the lies that the victim role feeds it.

6. You must try to work on your emotions and feelings and thoughts, because if you don't, you can start damaging your immune system, and this can have dreadful consequences on your body, causing all sorts of ailments.

7. This is important so I'm repeating it because other people either mentioned it or alluded to it (GET OFF ALL DRUGS).

I hope I helped. If you need anything feel free to message me.

Good luck.

--------------------
No trees were harmed in the writing of this signature; however, millions of electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Edited by AnxietyDrive (08/08/10 04:45 PM)

Offlinehobosapian
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: AnxietyDrive]
    #13022841 - 08/08/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AnxietyDrive said:
I think Mick has some good points, and I'd be willing to bet that you're suffering from depression, although I'm not in a position to diagnose you, nor would I if I could. But I really hope that your family and close friends aren't screaming bi-polar disorder, because just having that label leads to a lot of negative consequences. If they are ignore it.

At any rate, follow the advice above, including Micks. If you want better advice here you'll also need to divulge more information concerning the drugs you're currently using (including prescription meds). And what kind of food do you eat, what kind of sleep, how is your social life, how is your sexual life, and how much exercise do you get? All these things play a role in HOW you feel, and it is also very important that you learn to pay attention to the needs of your body, which also revolves around the questions I asked.

Here's some additional advice until you can explain more of your situation.

1. Stop hanging around negative and depressed people.

2. continuously stimulate your mind; but read positive materiel if possible. Not many people mention this, but reading a lot of philosophy can actually cause existential angst. I speak from experience.

3. Don't self-label with any disease or mental illness. This can actually perpetuate your negative thoughts...and once a negative thought occurs, if you've already labled yourself, you'll chase that thought and become anxious and more depressed.

4. Generally if you're depressed, you'll want to sleep more. But this only works against you. Try to get up and be active. If you sleep all day, it causes your family and friends to worry about you, in turn causing you to worry more about yourself.

5. You're your own worst enemy, and as far as depression is concerned, if you stick yourself into the victim mentality role it almost never goes away. Your own sadness feeds back into itself because you've made up your mind that "you can't help it." This is never true though, simply for the fact that negative thinking patterns love the lies that the victim role feeds it.

6. You must try to work on your emotions and feelings and thoughts, because if you don't, you can start damaging your immune system, and this can have dreadful consequences on your body, causing all sorts of ailments.

7. This is important so I'm repeating it because other people either mentioned it or alluded to it (GET OFF ALL DRUGS).

I hope I helped. If you need anything feel free to message me.

Good luck.

sound advice :thumbup:

OfflineHernan Cortes
New land seeker

Loc: Old Tenochtitlan
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: hobosapian]
    #13023379 - 08/08/10 07:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hello its my first post here but my life became a little better when i stopped hanging out with druggies all the time

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: Hernan Cortes]
    #13023470 - 08/08/10 08:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hernan Cortes said:
Hello its my first post here but my life became a little better when i stopped hanging out with druggies all the time

:rofl2:

Offlinehippielauren
Fuxed Up
Female

Loc: Flag
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: Jufin]
    #13023561 - 08/08/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

maybe bipolar? A chemical imbalance? Mystery illness?

--------------------

OfflineAnxietyDrive
Aspiring Psychologist
Male

Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: hippielauren]
    #13023719 - 08/08/10 08:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hippielauren said:
maybe bipolar? A chemical imbalance? Mystery illness?

Did you read the OP and replies? All this was adequately addressed. Did you have any advice for the OP?

--------------------
No trees were harmed in the writing of this signature; however, millions of electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

OfflineXpatriot
Stranger
Re: Happy one minute sad the next anxious the next [Re: AnxietyDrive]
    #13024817 - 08/09/10 01:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey, thanks for the replys. To answer some questions...I used to smoke alot of pot and took mushrooms a few times. I cant really smoke pot anymore without freaking out or becoming depressed. Ive taken adderall for years to help with school. Im intelligent but do actually need the adderall, which concerns me. It really does mess with my head, and i am doing a difficult major and am not sure how I will do without it...as it seems I should never take anymore adderall. Right now im afraid to take most drugs. When I drink alcohol I always drink to an extreme excess, the release from everything feels so good I just want more and more. I have friends but all of my friendships are really shaky...as its difficult for me to connect with people while dealing with this. My friends have some idea whats going on, but just leave it alone and accept what im going throgub i guess...we have never discussed it. I used to be a very likable/popular person...not that im not anymore I just cant do it and social interaction seems fake sometimes. i dont have a girlfriend because I fear that my emotional problems would be such a burden to her. I exercise and eat mostly well.

As you can see im not really doing anything wrong...ive been almost completely sober for months. Yet i still go through these problems. I wake up and it seems like everyday is a battle to me. I battle my thoughts, I battle my emotions, I just try and stay positive as you guys say to do. Im typing all this out because I have never told anyone and it helps just to get it out of my head.

Not reading philosophical material is actually really good advice...I used to be pretty heavy into reading. Looking back...it does effect my moods.

I really appreciate the advice, esp. hobosapien, and I might even go to the library and find some self help books.

Typing this is really weird because I am fine and stable right now...its like im talking about someones elses depression. It seems like how could I ever be depressed? im doing so well right now, and then maybe tomorrow morning I wont get out of bed for hours...ehh i guess theres not much I can do but wait it out. Thanks for listening and the advice.

OfflineAnxietyDrive
Aspiring Psychologist
Male

#13024834 - 08/09/10 01:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Xpatriot said:
hey, thanks for the replys. To answer some questions...I used to smoke alot of pot and took mushrooms a few times. I cant really smoke pot anymore without freaking out or becoming depressed. Ive taken adderall for years to help with school. Im intelligent but do actually need the adderall, which concerns me. It really does mess with my head, and i am doing a difficult major and am not sure how I will do without it...as it seems I should never take anymore adderall. Right now im afraid to take most drugs. When I drink alcohol I always drink to an extreme excess, the release from everything feels so good I just want more and more. I have friends but all of my friendships are really shaky...as its difficult for me to connect with people while dealing with this. My friends have some idea whats going on, but just leave it alone and accept what im going throgub i guess...we have never discussed it. I used to be a very likable/popular person...not that im not anymore I just cant do it and social interaction seems fake sometimes. i dont have a girlfriend because I fear that my emotional problems would be such a burden to her. I exercise and eat mostly well.

As you can see im not really doing anything wrong...ive been almost completely sober for months. Yet i still go through these problems. I wake up and it seems like everyday is a battle to me. I battle my thoughts, I battle my emotions, I just try and stay positive as you guys say to do. Im typing all this out because I have never told anyone and it helps just to get it out of my head.

Not reading philosophical material is actually really good advice...I used to be pretty heavy into reading. Looking back...it does effect my moods.

I really appreciate the advice, esp. hobosapien, and I might even go to the library and find some self help books.

Typing this is really weird because I am fine and stable right now...its like im talking about someones elses depression. It seems like how could I ever be depressed? im doing so well right now, and then maybe tomorrow morning I wont get out of bed for hours...ehh i guess theres not much I can do but wait it out. Thanks for listening and the advice.

The list of advice was mine. Let me know if you need anything else. Indeed, keep off the drugs and pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Life isn't easy, but perception and thinking patterns make it SEEM a lot worse than it really is.

--------------------

Offlineloopinblue
Stranger
    #13024845 - 08/09/10 01:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Your words really ring true for me minus the adderall and excessive drinking. Good luck to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder