Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Premade Growkit.
    #1301209 - 02/12/03 12:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I just got one of those growkits through the post. I have put it in one of those space saver plastic boxes. Boiled some water let it cool. Filled it up to about 1.5cm of water. Placed the growkit in there. It's now sitting on top of my fridge which is keeping it fairly warm. I also covered it with cling film. Poked some holes in it for circulation. Is this ok?

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Premade Growkit. [Re: chrispc]
    #1301215 - 02/12/03 12:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1301222 - 02/12/03 12:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good so far,do read that link and also pop to homebase and buy a bag of perlite :smile:
Good luck with it :smile: you sound like youve done a little reading already.

--------------------
er

Offlinechrispc

Re: Premade Growkit. [Re: G a n j a]
    #1301265 - 02/12/03 01:17 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sounds good so far,do read that link and also pop to homebase and buy a bag of perlite :smile:
Good luck with it :smile: you sound like youve done a little reading already. 

Actually I got mine from KingBong aswell. Although in that link he has taken the plastic container off completely. I just removed the lid on mine. I hope thats ok. Is the sterile issue that bad when harvasting? The instructions said don't breath on them. It seems that most of the advice is over cautious. This is my first attempt at growing them. I'm really nervous I'll fuck up. Once I do perfect the pre-made growkit method. I'll try make some of my own substrate. 

--------------------
"We are what we think.
thoughts."

ChrisC

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#1301280 - 02/12/03 01:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well sterilaty(sp?) is *key* the cleaner the better.
If yours is doing fine in the tub leave it there :smile: but for the second and third flush you might be better to take it out and do it like a cake.Just keep and eye on were the pins form.
The thing with contams was for me i was bla'sae about it till i got one lol.So my adive is keep it as clean as you can.The thing is were setting up the perfect conditions for contams such as funus moulds and bacteria which are every were so try hard to keep em out.I recommend dettol in a spray can got from most supermarkets and just give the air a spray before to open to fan and always wash your hands well before you handle anything :smile: (even including that thing :tongue:)

ps edame is a she i belive :smile:

--------------------
er

Offlineilikefoxes
Stranger
    #1301287 - 02/12/03 01:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

my kit is the same as the one from king bong.

it might be best to take off the whole plastic casing because when i did mine i left it on and because the sides and bottom started pinning first i had to take it out and put it on its side eventually anyway. if you leave if it you should cover the bottom in foil or something like that like it says in the instructions so mushrooms will only grow on the top.

is yours going to be grown in the co2 bag or a terrarium with perlite?

Offlinechrispc

Re: Premade Growkit. [Re: ilikefoxes]
    #1301298 - 02/12/03 01:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

my kit is the same as the one from king bong.

it might be best to take off the whole plastic casing because when i did mine i left it on and because the sides and bottom started pinning first i had to take it out and put it on its side eventually anyway. if you leave if it you should cover the bottom in foil or something like that like it says in the instructions so mushrooms will only grow on the top.

is yours going to be grown in the co2 bag or a terrarium with perlite?

No just a plastic space saver thingy. Like I said covered with cling film. I poked some holes in the top to allow air in. Also got 100 watt bulb about a foot above it.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
thoughts."

ChrisC

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Re: Premade Growkit. [Re: ilikefoxes]
    #1301304 - 02/12/03 01:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i copyed these grow kits without realising it by using chinnese food containers instead of jars.A lot did pin in wierd places but some like this one pined were they were meant to :smile: its all about light.Pinns form were light is felt by the mycelium so thats the key here.
Good luck both of you i think king bong is doing good buissness :smile: but i think he imports from holland right?

--------------------
er

Offlineilikefoxes
Stranger
    #1301728 - 02/12/03 05:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah kingbongs kits are the same as those from holland. i didnt actually get my from king bong it was cheaper from the hydroponics shop round the corner from me. you can buy virtually the same kit at potseeds.co.uk as well. there seem to be a lot of people buying them recently. a couple of people i know have bought them as well and grown quite big amounts

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#1304206 - 02/13/03 12:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

just to show you it can get a little crowded if you get invitro pinning and dont flip it out the container.

--------------------
er

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1306537 - 02/13/03 06:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What you can do with those kits is buy a fat black permanent marker and black out the sides so light only shines on the top, or use glue black construction paper to the container. This will keep everything growing from the top and not the sides. Or so I have heard.

The above post is for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed to be real in any way. I am also unaware of any rights I may have, as I suffer from dimentia.
- M_L_S

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

Re: Premade Growkit. [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1306547 - 02/13/03 06:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My cat uses clear trays always
Heres what she does.
rubbermaid covers

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck