Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: enotake2]
    #1329846 - 02/23/03 07:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well, I believe that there is some greater force out there. but it certainly did not create us; in fact, to be technical, it created nothing.

any attempt to put this greater force (a la the Tao or God) into words will inevitably scar the totality of the force; after all, we are but small waves in a greater harmony. hence, in that respect, men have created many gods through the formation of many different religions, and none of these truly express "God" as I see him/her/it.

Peace and love,
Tim.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: Smack31]
    #1329912 - 02/23/03 08:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i agree with alot of what was said but i would like to add something.

i think that we made god so we would have someone else to blame when things went wrong all throughout history this has beent the case. im more primitive days if there was a drought people would think that the gods were mad and just messing with them. nowadays this appears in the form of fanatical musilums(sp?) they say that the reason they kill americans and jews is because its gods will. in other words dont blame me blame gods. id just like to point out that im not racist and i was just using that as an example i have nothing against peaceful musilums. thats just my take. peace

*also do u post at yahooka enotake2 whats ur name over there? i ask cause the same post just showed up like 2 days ago there.*

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Edited by blaze2 (02/23/03 08:50 PM)

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: blaze2]
    #1330150 - 02/24/03 12:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No never been to yahooka. Maybe it was somebody else who saw this thread...

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: Smack31]
    #1330955 - 02/24/03 07:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

God is kinda like a genius, he created plants and animals and the beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds. Time for another run on my slip n slide!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinemarniesaur
toker
Loc: southern california
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1350347 - 03/04/03 02:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i agree w/ blaze i think a lot of people just make up religion and god so that we can feel better about ourselves and so people can think that not everything is up to them and there is soemthing else controlling their life. so in that sense we kind of created god. i am a full believer in some sort of evolution and darwinism, but then i start to think about why i am even here... and then i have to admit that there has to be some higher power. am i the only one who always thinks about that? isnt it weird that we are just living out our life here, and we have no idea how we got here?? i duno, i always get shit scared when i think about that.

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: marniesaur]
    #1351651 - 03/05/03 05:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I also believe that humans are de-evolving, or that human evolution has stopped

i fail to see how you come to this conclusion. evolution is too slow a process for us to be able to say something like that.
we are still physically adapting and evolving to fit our environment. i remember reading somewhere that finger length and shape is changing to cope with keyboards better. which makes sense. the average male and females body shape and size is changing as well. you only have to look at really old houses in england (houses from the 1600's etc) to see that we are much taller now, every door in these houses is about 5' 9" high or something.

i do take your point about survival of the fittest though, thats a pretty worthless concept now, to some degree. i'm am actually worried about the dumbing down of our societies though, people dont need to think for themselves anymore, you can walk through life. the evolution of our consciousness is interesting. i wonder if anyone knows of any articles on the evolution/de-evolution of the brain?

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
Re: Did god create us or did we create god? [Re: mikey_]
    #1351738 - 03/05/03 05:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i am a strong believer in God. He created us  :smile: 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order