Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
time to purify or just live it up?
    #1300608 - 02/11/03 06:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so, when you have plenty of loving people in your life, a very appetizing sex life, and lots of culturally and artistically expansive things to do...... well, i start feeling like, what the fuck is the point of one's Sadhana, anyways?

but when i work with dmt, for example, i start forming a very special relationship with that state of consciousness, and it's like this all or nothing, 'cuz this state of consciousness is telling me to spend more and more time with it, to let certain transformations take place, and it's all going to take time, and i really can't quit hanging out there or all the progress i'm making will just go down the drain. it all seems worth it, relative to that state of consciousness, it all seems worthwhile....

then, just being normal, having normal social functions, being involved politically on some levels, new love and sex relations, now is the time to be living and developing these things, and i'm operating more and more on these levels, and they're very empowering....

anyone follow me? or deal with this kind of stuff?

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #1300671 - 02/11/03 07:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A lot of people on the spiritual path fall in the same pit-holes. You'll be getting along real well with spiritual advancement and be real content, and then the ego comes knocking at the door wanting to go out and experience some physical things, and then you'll wonder if your not missing out on something. This feeling has a very tight grip on some people because they are afraid of what they might be missing. It will cause conflict within you. You just have to decide what's more important to you right now and go with it... Try to incorporate your Sadhana into your everyday life.
BTW what IS "normal"?
--peace--

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/11/03 07:08 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1301254 - 02/12/03 03:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i find myself on this householder trip... trying to somehow allow my 2 offspring to make it to young adulthood without any (more) major screwups...
and thus (to an extent) putting some of the aspects of life which seem to hold a certain fascination for me on the old "back burner" as it were...
but in hindu society, the role of seeker is not entered into until familial relations are satisfactorily resolved...
and i ain't in india (as you know, cj...) but i ain't dead yet, neither...
~
i suppose sometimes the games we find ourselves playing seem a bit pointless... but it is just possible that the play is the thing, eh? (apologies to the bard of avon, hehheh...)
~
be well...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (02/12/03 03:24 AM)

Invisibleadrug

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1301737 - 02/12/03 07:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm actually struggling with something very similar. I became a parent a year ago, and my daughter is growing up so fast! I'm also about to graduate college in the spring and start applying for jobs and I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to do all this AND keep up the exploration. But I'm afraid I'll lose who I really am to the person I have to be to get by in society. Oh, what to do?

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1301869 - 02/12/03 08:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, i'm a significantly impure guy who can still build an intellectually stimulating, exhilirating, and loving life for myself, dig it? incorporating Sadhana into every day life is impossible (though I find my energized meditations leave me with much greater clarity for organizing my social and intellectual life), I just need a lot more - like the Sangha/Satsang Ram Dass describes in one of his books, he talks about the 4 points of it - like the first one is to go up to this cabin by yourself for 10 days w/ your favorite stuff, then another 10 days with just food and water, to give oneself that kind of space and environment to get free of some attachments - then the second point is to live in the community, grow the food, cook, care for the children, exc... I honestly think I really need that kind of situation to allow certain facets of my being to grow. but i can do well enough for myself without that environment....

anyways, i can't define normal for you, because i think hanging out in the leather biker bar having a philosophical discussion or just goofin' off w/ the guys and having a few drinks and maybe a little ganja, making some new friends, and possibly finding somebody to make it with is all pretty normal and healthy. i'm sure a lot of people would find the things i do as less than normal... hard to explain, it would be much easier for me to show you.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1301890 - 02/12/03 09:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, i've had to back off of some of these fascinating things myself just to make it in this world... put them on the back burner so that i'm not a total burn out, so to speak... ah, college is such an easy life. i'm sure we'll get our chances to play again..... anyhoo, i always meant to ask you, do you know what JB 318 is? it's mentioned in the biography in Be Here Now, it's a drug Alpert took n Millbrook, I've always wondered what the hell that was, can't find any info on it. be well yerself, blessin's/cj

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1302219 - 02/12/03 11:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The JB line of psychoactive agents belongs to the US Army's arsenal of chemical weapons. I once saw a whole listing in a text at the University of Maryland.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1302257 - 02/12/03 11:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

JB-318
JB-336
N-ethyl-3-piperidy-benzilate
In the same classification as LSD and they are considered "atropine analogs"
Description-- " the atropine analogs are quite different from other hallucinogens in that they lead to audio and visual phenomena that are artificial to thier sources, and experiences are often clouded with amnesia"
This sounds about like how Ram Dass described JB 318 in his book. He said he saw people who weren't there, sounds like Datura to me. All I know is its illegal and I'd rather not try it! I'm surprised those guys made it out of the 60's in one piece!!!

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/12/03 11:34 AM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1302352 - 02/12/03 12:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, guys! I was actually thinking a few minutes before I checked this post how the experience seemed more deleriant than psychedelic, how it reminded me of tropanes. Thanks again. Blessings/CJ

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: adrug]
    #1302507 - 02/12/03 01:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea this thread reflects what ive been thinking about constantly lately

this is like the time (a year through college) where i have to pull my shit together and look at careers and shit, and really start to annihilate some of my 'irresponsible' ways. so why does that seem so wrong sometimes?

i feel like this is the time when i really sign my soul over to the system.. ive been a huge dreamer, and always plan to seek out those spiritual loopholes in life.. but i feel like i'm really 'checking' my body in to America's vaults...

sometimes i think about how easy we have it in this lifetime, and how i owe it to some entity, to really try my absoulte hardest to make a good successful life, but why do i feel like i'm murdering something when i get on that path...

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: Grav]
    #1302530 - 02/12/03 01:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

They can take your body, but they can never take your mind-unless you let them! And I think the only thing you're murdering is your ego.  :grin: 

--------------------

Edited by peruvian spark (02/12/03 01:23 PM)

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1303245 - 02/12/03 05:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

a guy came to the Starwood festival who wrote this book called _Acid Dreams_ (I can't remember his name), but the book was all about CIA experiments with using acid to torture people in the most horendous Nazi like ways - maybe this is common knowledge, but his vivid descriptions sent shivers through my spine as the images of the hellacious nightmares people must have gone through flooded my noggin', it was terrifying.
thanks, i'm surprised i didn't check my university's vaults on that myself. blessings/cj

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: time to purify or just live it up? [Re: Grav]
    #1303271 - 02/12/03 06:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well said, bro... i dunno, i guess i'm lucky that usually somebody os there everyday who will look into my eyes as they are windows to the soul and everything kind of swells up and i find more trust there than in Be Here Nows or even my own self (most of the time, sometimes it's all the same trip). i'm glad i get to share that at least a little bit every day, hopefully at least right before the day ends I can feel as if though I gave my own predicament up for that Entity, 'cuz I'll surely have my day again tomorrow.
biggle boggle yack yack, i sure wish i could see y'alls eyes sometimes. blessings/cj

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#1303276 - 02/12/03 06:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

leaves nobody but me to blame 'cuz mamma tried

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology