Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

What will it be like?
    #1299912 - 02/11/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

what's the war gonna be like? i predict that it will be nothing like the gulf war. i predict massive casualties on both sides as hussein's army slings chemical weapons at u.s. troops and the u.s. kills without mercy or descrimination. i predict fighting in the streets of bahgdad. dirty urban poison gas warfare. i think it will be a nasty, nasty war. hopefully not... but it sure has the potential to be. as much as i agree that saddam has to go (and i believe he does)... i really get the feeling that this war is going to do much more harm than good.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What will it be like? [Re: ]
    #1299918 - 02/11/03 01:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Bad prediction. After lobbing in hundreds of cruise missles the Iraqis will be done before they start.

There's still a chance it may not happen anyway.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1299925 - 02/11/03 01:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i really get the feeling that this war is going to do much more harm than good. 

Well thats obvious! :smile:

I think this is just a foot in the door and once established, the US will be able to "purge" these evil pockets until they are king of the world....NO!.....Almighty supreme lords of the world!
Once they get away with this, it wont stop....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: What will it be like? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1299932 - 02/11/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Damn you!! luvdemshrooms...
I always have to put sooo much effort into debating what you say, our views are entirely different!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1299940 - 02/11/03 01:16 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I don't think there is any chance there will not be a war. Saddam has done everything we've asked. The only thing he could possibly do to avert war is go into exile. There isn't a thing he can do short of that to stop a war the US wants to have.

Secondly, this will be the bloodiest war the US has fought since Vietnam. We are not over there to sheild a country and expel his troops. We are going to take an entire ruling body out of power. That isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

Anonymous

#1299954 - 02/11/03 01:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you think? i think that yes, in the open desert, the u.s. will just use a few hundred multi-million dollar missiles and smart bombs and the iraqis will get their asses handed to them. but after that... when it's time to go into bahgdad and get that tyrant out... i think it's gonna get nasty. but then, it's war, and who know's what'll happen. i just think it has the potential to get ugly. a rather large potential. i believe saddam hussein still has alot of rather dangerous chemicals and bio agents, and that he doesn't care if his own people are killed while he uses them, as long as he kills some u.s. troops. i think that what we have is a madman sitting ontop of a dangerous arsenal behind a large military. i don't think he expected the response he got to invading kuwait. this time, i'm sure he's much more ready.

how do you think war might be averted?

war or no war, they better get rid of him. the iraqi people have suffered long enough. i do hope that when it's over, the US has the integrity to foster a real democracy and conduct popular elections, and not just install a puppet.

Anonymous

Re: What will it be like? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1299958 - 02/11/03 01:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

actually... i think it will stop. with as many good reasons as there are for ousting hussein, there is still a huge amount of opposition to this war from people in the U.S. as well as the international community. i don't think the u.s. could "get away with" going after anyone else but hussein. next up... The War on Drugs kicks into full gear!

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #1299967 - 02/11/03 01:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. It would be a severe blow to Bush's pride to back out now. They're basically ready to roll.

As for the thread topic, what will it be like? From what people who would know have said (Vietnam vets, Gulf war vets, CIA vets etc etc) it would be really fucked up.

CIA vets said the last time the United States sent more than 600,000 troops to the Gulf, one of three came back ill -- many with unexplained disorders of the nervous system.

"Today's battlefield is likely to be even more sodden with chemicals and is altogether likely to yield tens of thousands more casualties," they added.(CIA vets warning)

Sounds like some nasty shit to me, but then again, going into a battlefield hundreds of years ago with spears and swords would have been pretty fucked up.

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again
War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
-Edwin Star

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1300509 - 02/11/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Methinks its going to be a lovely tea party. :grin:

Until we get to Baghdad. :frown:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion